Gem choices and increase dps perfomance?

Hi i just got my T9,5 shoulders and legs and i just wondered if the 20str gems was still the best gems to go for an Blood Dk...
    Im an end game raiding DK who currently raiding ToTc10/10H ToTc 25 and first boss in 25 H.
    and what to increse my dps, i can give u guys some info about what im using etc and a armory link.

1. My rotation is the normal one like : IT-PS-HS-HS-DS-Call pet-Dump-DS-HS-HS-HS-HS then i usualy pop trinkets, hysteria and DRW when all my talents str and such is upp.
    2. my gems are usually 20str gems exept 3 pieces with 16hit.
    3. My armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...+Batol&n=Paraf

My normal dps in 10man heroic ToTc and 25man is around 4k-5,5k Dps, between 6-7,5k if i pop all CD with DRW.

I just wonder if u guys could see my armory and tell me from my gear if its possible to do mmore dps as that spec i am Blood, or will i get more dps from Frost or unholy ?
    got 2X maces from ToC 5man heroic... hehe=)

Thx for all info...

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Gem choices and increase dps perfomance?

Why the hell do you have 57 expertise? O_O
    And yes, 20 str is still the best. I think there is a value of AP at which ArP gemming becomes better, but I'm not sure what the threshold is (I don't think it's reachable atm).

You really need to drop expertise. You might consider switching to DW if only because of that (you can drop 10 exp from switching out your sword). You need to get Banner of Victory from ToC as well.

hehe i know i got ALOT expertise and low Arp, but im trying to get the justicebringer from Toc25 saveing my dkp for it now, so thats ok, and that stupid trinket fro Toc normal just wont drop...

anyone know how much AP i need before i switch to arp ??

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by steffen1990
    hehe i know i got ALOT expertise and low Arp, but im trying to get the justicebringer from Toc25 saveing my dkp for it now, so thats ok, and that stupid trinket fro Toc normal just wont drop...

anyone know how much AP i need before i switch to arp ??
    Quote Originally Posted by Soilantgreen64
    One of the current discussions is regarding an inflection point between STR and ArP. It has been currently theorized that once you exceed 6200 AP the APE for ArP will exceed that of STR. Making it proper at that point to start gemming for ArP. The math and sims behind this theory seem solid, and personally once I hit around 6300 AP raid buffed began switching some gems, with positive results thus far.
    From the EJ Blood DPS thread, which I believe is current for 3.2. I wasn't sure of the number myself but I went and had a look for you. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Praxis
    From the EJ Blood DPS thread, which I believe is current for 3.2. I wasn't sure of the number myself but I went and had a look for you. XD
    That discussion was prior to the recent ArP nerf.
    But it doesn't really matter because unfortunately, there is no universal magic number of AP where ArP becomes more valuable. It's very much based on your current gear and stats. It does exist, but it's different for everyone and the only way to know yours is to calculate your own EP values.

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!