Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Does never using Nourish make me a bad druid?

I NEVER use Nourish unless it's an oh crap situation, even then i prefer a Swiftmend/NS + HT. I don't use the Nourish glyph either, I'm WG,SM, and Innervate, nor do I spec into Empowered Touch. On an average ToC 25 fight, I range from 5-10k hps, 10k being on Twins. I've got enough haste to keep nearly the entire raid Rejuv'd, use WG every time its off cd, and LB people when I know they'll be taking damage. Through an entire ToC, Nourish accounted for 1.3% of my total healing, and other druids seem to make it their go-to spell. I just wanted to see who else plays the same way, because it sure as hell works for me.

Re: Does never using Nourish make me a bad druid?

Ive been healing as a druid for a good while and I've noticed that what heals i use the most depends a lot on the raid make up, also if there are healing assignments set for tanks and the raid, If you are on raid heals then you dont need to rely on Nourish too much, it is useful though when switfmend is on CD and healing touch is way too long of a cast to be viable, even if your tank healing, Nourish is faster and more mana efficient. if you spec into Empowered Touch and use the nourish glyph, it will hit for 6.5k+ and crit for 10k plus and with more hots in hits even harder due to the glyph, and if your specced into nature's bounty and have the 2 piece T9 bonus it will crit about 60% + depending on your gear. So basically Nourish is definitely a very affective and usable heal and you mentioned you had a good amount of haste which makes it even better, especially if your in a raid that is healing intensive. You'r not bad for not using it if your doing that much HPS but its worth you giving it a second look and trying it out with the enpowered touch and the glyph. Give it a shot in your next ToC 25, let me know what you think.

Unless you need that innervate glyph, lifebloom might help you based on your healing style. But no, using nourish doesn't make you any better or worse. Using nourish with no talents/glyphs is pretty bad though. It's kinda a one way or the other thing.

I found I use nourish a decent amount and properly specced for it. Especially in 10 mans.

I use rejuv, wg, and sm glyphs myself.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Why not use a spell they give you? If I can assume your using hots to there fullest and on raid healing not Main tank healing. If this is working for you thats fine, but would you rather save your OH shit buttons? I find that I almost never have to use them because of Nourish. Raid buffed its around 60% crit.

I'm put on main tanks mostly and raid healing at the same time. So it sounds like we have different assignments, even so Nourish is usually my 3rd most used spell in Percentage of total heals in a fight. One can not handle the burst that tanks take with just hots and oh shit buttons. The more we use our signature hots the better Nourish is. I can not think of a reason not to use it. By itself Nourish is fairly weak, but use it to it's fullest and it really shines.

Gauging your healing on twins is kind of cheating since your hots get to tick more, imho. But as long as people don't die, your doing your job so whatever floats your log.

Golkonda Earthen Ring

I dont' think there is a SET way to heal as any healer.

I know Shamans that only use chain heal and riptide and they're in a top 100 guild.
    I know Paladins that never use FoL and Paladins that primarily use FoL.

Same can be said about priests and Druids, it's all based on what role you're playing in the raid as well as playstyle and/or preference.

I use nourish but not that often, I only use nourish if I'm healing tanks in a raid, or if I'm in a 5 or 10man and multiple people are taking high amounts of damage, I'll throw out a nourish here or there to keep everyone topped off.

I don't use swiftmend unless I know it's an "oh shit" moment or if I'm not comfortable with where the persons health is at etc.

As long as people aren't dying while on your watch, that's all that matters.

Doesn't matter what heals you use or what the healing meters say, if at the end of the day nobody died, you did good.

Healing as always tricky, because in the long run it depends on how ur doing it best urself tbh.
    As a shaman i pretty much only chain heal + riptide, i only use lesser healing wave if i see some poor guy on 5 % hp or some tbh :P If you play better without using nourish then i think thats fine :P..

As long as people arent dying does it really matter what spells you use?

It's two different styles really, I use Nourish mostly because I hate being a "Let's just brainlessly blanket out some rejuvs so I can top meters" kind of druid, so I base all my gear and actions around Nourish. Of course rejuv or wild growth is always in my top3 but nourish + Living seed are usually 1 and 2/3 respectively. Basically it's a choice you make between preventive healing and direct healing, pick your choice. It usually doesnt matters what i heal, raid or MT, since I always focus on everyone without failing (mostly).

Edit: But Neither makes you a bad druid per sé.

I'd say if you're healing 10 mans without nourish, particularly if you have to tank heal then that would make you a bad.

But if you're job is raid-healing in 25s then no, then it's more important that the healing team know what to expect of each other.

If you're rejuving half the raid then people know, at least subconsciously to expect that baseline healing. Some other healers in your guild will be putting more emphasis on the spot healing of the people who are low. So long as somebody is providing the baseline raid-wide healing and somebody is providing the emergency spot healing everything is good.

Of course a truly great healer is the guy who can feel out what his group is lacking, even in a pug, and adapt his playstyle on the fly to that need

It really depends on the situation. I probably overuse nourish when I heal, but its more to top off people who are falling below where I like them to be.

On a side note, I did get told by a priest on our server I was a baddy for using nourish (%40 or more) as my top heal for a VoA.....I topped healing at like 50% total healing done.

All depends on the fight and what you're healing. As was said if you're tank healing nourish is a must. If you're raid healing it's only good as a 'oh crap' someone's about to die when SW / NS are on CD.

For 25 man HC twins it's almost pointless. You just can't do the same amount of healing with nourish spam compared to rejuv / WG. One of our druids was using primarily nourish and barely hitting 4-5k hps, in similar gear with rejuv / WG 8-9k. With healing intensive fights with a lot of consistent raid damage you won't use it much just because it's not worth it.

Haste has a big effect as well even for rejuv / WG, I saw a 2k increase in hps going from about 450-550 haste.

I've found nourish is more of a lazy wait for someone's health to drop type cast for those that don't trust rejuv to be as good as it is.

10+ Year Old Account

Usually the only time i see nourish being used is on the battlegrounds
    Here come the Irish.

You guys are making me feel bad for actually using it now. ??? I mainly raid 10 mans with the occaisonal 25 man thrown in. And i'd say its my 2nd most used spell, followed closely by WG / Regrowth... And i still use lifebloom faily often. Using SM / NS + HT is my Oh sh*t button.

On topic, i'd agree with previous posts. Dependant on your assignment, i'd say that you could probably get away with hardly ever using it. But me, myself couldn't get by without it, regularly being 1 of 2 healers in 10 mans.

Nourish is really only worth it if SM or NS is down and they really need a heal fast. I tank heal for my guild a lot as a resto druid and with the right spec and glyphs i can pump out more hps than a holy pally. considering my gear is very good with over 3k spell power, I talent 20% nourish bonus, 25% crit, living seed, and 2 points in natural perfection for extra crit. You can spec that way and still have WG and 5/5 in GoTEM except you lose all points in Revitalize which isnt too big of deal. Also use glyph of Nourish and the 2pc 5% crit. So all in all im hitting around 14k nourish crits that crit way more than half the time. but in a more raid healing setting im good about predicting the damage that is about to happen to someone so ill throw a rejuv and 1 lifebloom and when they spike i will almost always have my SM. Only roll some HoTs on the tank and maybe nourish the tank when there is no raid damage going out and you can get some Living Seeds up on the tank.

Hope this helps

Also, Rejuv is prolly about ~60% of my healing on any fight. around 78 on fights like twins. Rejuv is a great heal. Abuse the hell out of it.

Hots are stabilizing HPs
    Hots give the chance of some hot ticks between 2 hits onto a tank/raidmember without reaction time.

Nourish is reactive, Hots are proactive.

For me Nourish is last thing i use, if hots dont bring the target up (if this is my task, and thats not in 25ers)

atm Nourish at Koralon after fullhotting tanks while those lava fists
    atm Nourish at 1sec to Impale at Gormok 25 heroic (after fullhotting the tanks)

nearly 100% with LB and Rej+SM and jumping arround

Quote Originally Posted by Iq13
    nearly 100% with LB and Rej+SM and jumping arround
    This.
    Not jumping around makes you a bad druid.

L2 Chuck Nourish
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliekcookies View Post
    WoW is like heroine among MMORPGs. Once you're hooked, it's an addiction. You can't go back to anything weaker.

If you are more of a raid healer nourish is not good for you. I'm a druid as well but at the end of every raid my top healed are the tanks, and I tend to use nourish often. The glyph with all your HoTs on the target makes Nourish a really nice spell for the mana it costs if you spec for it, plus the crit chance for the t9 two piece bonus. but with the new patch the t10 will making raid healing as a druid way more leet; with the 4pc and everything I mean.

10+ Year Old Account

As mentioned by others, there really is no set way how to heal. Most develop their own "style" anyway.

Myself I really like nourish, but at the same time I'm a huge fan of hots. So usually i simply keep regrowth and rejuvenation on tank/tanks with the occasional lifebloom, then nourish if needed.
    on raid its mostly just rejuvenation and wild growth.

Use glyph of nourish, wild growth and innervate myself. But will likely take up the new rejuvenation glyph, as I feel it will help my way of healing. Tho I wish, that glyph was regroth instead with the same effect.

yes