Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Does never using Nourish make me a bad druid?

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    I'd say if you're healing 10 mans without nourish, particularly if you have to tank heal then that would make you a bad.
    ....and a comment like that defines YOU as a "bad".

The more important question is: Did anyone die? *
    If the answer is "No", then you're doing fine, whatever your style.

* exception clause for DPS-whores who cant control their aggro because it's less important than topping a meter. THEM we're supposed to let die, battle-rez, watch them die again, and ask at the end how much their repair bill was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    Eclipsicolossamegatonational? There. I've captured the essence of your penis in one, perfect, 28-letter word.

I hardly used it until recently, when I brought it into use it really didn't change much according to my healing style and recount numbers so you know, if it ain't broke don't fix it. ;D

As long as you are working to your full potential and not letting people die to damage that a quick burst from Nourish could have healed, you are not bad for using Nourish.

Quote Originally Posted by Gevlad
    ....and a comment like that defines YOU as a "bad".

The more important question is: Did anyone die? *
    If the answer is "No", then you're doing fine, whatever your style.
    I wish people would stop saying that no one dying means you did right. No one dying is 'someone' doing their job right. Healers can be carried as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesypeas
    I wish people would stop saying that no one dying means you did right. No one dying is 'someone' doing their job right. Healers can be carried as well.
    Indeed! The people saying this are inevitably the ones getting carried, while the ones doing the carrying keep worrying about doing their job better even when nobody died. All of us always have room to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    Indeed! The people saying this are inevitably the ones getting carried, while the ones doing the carrying keep worrying about doing their job better even when nobody died. All of us always have room to improve.

There is ALWAYS room for improvement, with that i agree.
    But is one style necessarily right or wrong, no.
    Group makeup means more; as well as how well you trust the other healer(s) to do their job.
    But at the end of the day, doing one's job adequately is all thats required.
    And with a multi-healer group, one proactive healer and one reactive healer (in a 10) is often the situational synergy.

Of course, is there the motivation left to really improve?
    I know i no longer have it.
    After all, this is LK now, and i'm so cynical and jaded, i find little of it exciting, and find nothing but "new expansion elitists" bragging about "gear scores" and "link achievement" like the game was always so uninspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    Eclipsicolossamegatonational? There. I've captured the essence of your penis in one, perfect, 28-letter word.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilic
    L2 Chuck Nourish
    I giggled
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

There's nothing wrong with Nourish. It's a great spell. But, it's completely possible to heal without it. Druid were doing it for the entirety of TBC. The reason we got nourish is because all the bad restos who rolled FotM for arena felt like they were gimp in PvE for not having a direct heal, and particularly no quick, meaningful heal. Obviously this didn't matter in PvP because casting made you dead to begin with.

These druids felt like they couldn't tank heal or patch because:
    1. Other healers with quick heals were "sniping" heals on people that were hot'd up.
    2. Hots didn't heal fast enough (apparently...?)
    3. Once all the hots were up, and the tank's health was still going down, the only option was to spam Regrowth.

So, we got nourish, for those situations where you need it. If you don't need it, it doesn't matter.

However, it's a fantastic spell, but I can see how you're healing fine without it. When I was still healing offspecc in Wotlk (I was resto mainspecc for nearly the entirety of TBC), I still focused a lot on using LB. Even after the "nerf", I still used LB a lot. It worked fine. I didn't oom, there was no problem with it. If anyone wanted to try and say I was "doing it wrong," I'd ask them where the corpses were and why I was able to use my innervate on someone else.

There is ALWAYS room for improvement, with that i agree.
    But is one style necessarily right or wrong, no.
    But I wasn't talking about a style, I was saying that if I'm tank healing and needlessly ignoring one of the strongest tank healing spells in the game then it's bad. This is beyond a question of style.
    If a disc priest never cast ProM for example, that's not just an unusual style - it's flat out bad play. If on the other hand, he never cast it on Vezax normal mode then that's entirely reasonable. Tools have places where they're strong and places where they're weak.

I will admit though that some of the content in wrath *cough* Naxx *cough* was so stupidly easy that we could play badly and not even realize.

Of course, is there the motivation left to really improve?
    I know i no longer have it.
    After all, this is LK now, and i'm so cynical and jaded, i find little of it exciting, and find nothing but "new expansion elitists" bragging about "gear scores" and "link achievement" like the game was always so uninspiring.
    I'm sorry to hear that you're not having fun now, it's a common problem and honestly I've experienced it myself. Best thing to do - take a break from the game. One of the few good things to come out of the recent decision to hand out emblems like candy is that if you do take a break you can regear to be competitive at a high level incredibly easily.

If you keep playing when it's not fun anymore you're just poisoning your pleasure in something that you once enjoyed.

Not using Nourish doesn't make you a bad druid. Almost never use it when i am healing, just hots most of the time.

Only reason I use the Innervate glyph is because my RL friend always needs it, we raid together every time so it works out. And yeah, I never get assigned to Tank heal, but 3 stack LB Regrow and Rejuv is always on them, and i use WG on the melee which 95% of the time spreads to tanks. People dont die when I heal as long as they stay out of the damn fire, THERE IS NO HASTE BUFF!

15+ Year Old Account

If there's a target who needs 5.000 or more health, I prefer casting Nourish on them. Rejuvenation is too slow (even after patch 3.3) and people will just heal the Rejuvenated target anyway, and that means waste of Rejuvenation.

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    If there's a target who needs 5.000 or more health, I prefer casting Nourish on them. Rejuvenation is too slow (even after patch 3.3) and people will just heal the Rejuvenated target anyway, and that means waste of Rejuvenation.
    woah woah woah...lesson 1 for a resto druid - Rejuv is NEVER a waste. Instant cast no cooldown amazing HoT. I cast it on people that are at 101% hp just because you can "Set it and Forget it!"

Lesson 2, rejuv is a waste when rejuv still has 17s left <_<

I am actually really like you, Nourish is my o shit button, however on some fights i DO use it alot

without nourish druids would be by far the worst tank healers... (gz to you if you can keep your tank alive in all raids with just hots)
    if you're raid healing (like you are) than nourish isn't something you should be doing...
    however i'm confused with your glyphs choice but if it works to you than it's fine by me

Quote Originally Posted by Hoothoothoot
    Only reason I use the Innervate glyph is because my RL friend always needs it, we raid together every time so it works out.
    What class & spec is your friend for him to always need your Innervate??

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

15+ Year Old Account

My Innervate is always MINE! Too greedy

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    My Innervate is always MINE! Too greedy
    Same here. In our raids the only time someone else needs an Innervate is if they die and get brez'd. Personally I gear my regen on the assumption that I can use my own Innervate. A lot of the times I still don't, but I reckon my healing effectiveness would be down quite a bit if I geared otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

But I wasn't talking about a style, I was saying that if I'm tank healing and needlessly ignoring one of the strongest tank healing spells in the game then it's bad. This is beyond a question of style.
    Do the tank need nourish if you can keep up the tank with hots why nourish then? The main issue is how people see or compare the spells. Nourish vs Hots, when you should look it at Nourish + Hots.

It is more the situation the decide witch spell you should us more then then spell it self. What I mean is nourish is a great tanking spell, yes but if he dont need it I dont use it. If the hots is rolling on the tank and that is not enought then I chuck nourish him.

What is really mater is that boss is down and the guild raid party is looting