Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Does never using Nourish make me a bad druid?

I wanna know what all this "SM and NS/HT" are my oh shit buttons is. SM is almost always on cooldown for me. I easily average 3.X per minute. I think I might just be using SM as many of you use nourish, except faster.

Sure I guess the dps didn't need to be topped off in miliseconds and a 1 second cast would have been fine, but putting SM in the same category as NS/HT (Which easily heals for 50% more, with a 12 times longer cooldown) is a bit crazy. I just use nourish as my replacement SM for when its on cooldown.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    I wanna know what all this "SM and NS/HT" are my oh shit buttons is. SM is almost always on cooldown for me. I easily average 3.X per minute. I think I might just be using SM as many of you use nourish, except faster.
    Personally, i like to have SM to go to when someone is laying around the 20% HP mark. And i'd be lost if it was on CD because a 1.25 second cast of nourish = Player is dead

A good example of this would be the Toc 5 man HC, last phase of the Dark Night. I was carrying a gp through this last night. The tank was laying around 29k hp buffed. The rest at around 17-20 k. I cast rejuv / Regrowth on the whole gp as this phase is starting, using WG when not on CD. Then i just wait to see the HP fall, nourish the one who goes down quickest. Then i've always got SM ready for when one of em starts to go gimp. If i never had it, then that DPS would be dead. I suppose i do use it more often in a raid situation, but i tend to keep it on CD until and 'oh sh*t' moment. Because NS+HT is on too much of a long CD, i find it hard to rely on. If i'm honest, i cant remember the last time i actually used it.

It just depens on playstyle.I prefer using hots
    You can't use this while stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoothoothoot
    I just wanted to see who else plays the same way, because it sure as hell works for me.
    Yes and no; it depends on the fight. I heal with another resto druid who, for the longest time, seemed to refuse to ever cast a direct healing spell. This is fine for some fights, especially when you had recently gone through the Ulduar school of "rejuv the raid, afk", but is terrible for others.

There isn't really a better spell for spike heals. It's our fastest direct heal (if SM is on CD, which it always seems to be), and is a pretty solid one at that. Otherwise, you can normally get by on rejuv, WG, and SM, which are pretty damn good.

My question for you druids who have a hard time using anything but hots is: what spell are you casting on someone who is at low health and in danger of dying in the next three seconds? What spell are you casting to get rid of incinerate flesh? What spell are you casting on your PC assignment in H-Anub p3?

1. it depends on the fight 2. it depends on who you are 3. it depends on the boss's debuff example if the boss does aoe debuff i usually go this spamm hot when heroism/BL goes up "yea i do that" i spamm regrowth 2 all since i dont go oom asap and keep WG on c/d all the time try 2 keep moving 2 who's alot near you 2 get more benefits etc "if u can manage 2 check there HP tho" innervate when ever your oom" if the fight doesnt include a "debuff that does aoe dmg" i go x3 lb rejuv reg and spamm nourish cuz of glyph yes nourish i guess imo for a single target if "ONLY main tank mostlly" since in glyph 6% percent + 20% from it self if 1 hot so if u plus all that if im not mistakin it goes 20%" self if 1 buff as hot is on" 20+ x3 LB +rejuv +reg + WG = 56% on single target + u cant make sure WG will be on all the time " all REFRESHABLE" except that one cuz onc/d = 50% more healing for nourish i think this might help if not ignore it

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry

Sure I guess the dps didn't need to be topped off in miliseconds and a 1 second cast would have been fine, but putting SM in the same category as NS/HT (Which easily heals for 50% more, with a 12 times longer cooldown) is a bit crazy. I just use nourish as my replacement SM for when its on cooldown.
    Swiftmend may land faster but it still has a GCD of the same time as Nourish's cast time, so you can't actually cast more with either spell. If I believe someone can last long enough for the Nourish cast time then I'll use it as preference over Swiftmend. I really do use SM as an 'oh-shit' button, basically if anyonne gets to a point that another hit might kill him (eg, under 40%). In a lot of raids that still happens regularly and I think I'd typically get 2+ Swiftmend casts per minute, but Nourish is still the preferred cast if they can last that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!