Ok, so it's another DPS thread... But I need help!

Hey folks, I'm in definite need of some advice on my dps output. Here is my armory profile:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Edge&n=Burlane

I'm only putting out around 3k dps on a good day. I'm not sure if it's my talent build, my gems, or simply my rotation, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Ok, so it's another DPS thread... But I need help!

You're gear is perfect.....you're spec does need a little help. i'll post the talent build you should have. A
    Though even with your current talent build you should be pulling atleast 5k+, you're probably doing your rotation wrong.
    Tell me how your rotation usually works and we'll see what's wrong.

1 question, why so much expertise, 6.5% is the number to make, for dodge that is, and with your improved weapon mastery, 2/2 that reduces the enemies chance to dodge by 2% so you only need 4.5% which is 18 expertise, regem and re enchant you gear a bit.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...1,QM8-Rq,10676

Here's the link to what your build should be for maximum dps on single target fights. You do not need weapon mastery if you are capped on expertise, which you are.
    Imp Execute is ballin for Arms, and Second wind is completely pointless if you're in pve. It's just a waste of points.
    If you are keeping rend up at all times then you should have no problems.
    here's how my rotation goes (importance of abilities):
    Rend>Mortal Strike>Execute(whenever Sudden death procs)>Overpower>Slam(only when everything else is on CD or is not usable)
    Bladestorm on bosses when there are adds closeby. If there are no adds during the fight, be sure to put a rend up on the boss BEFORE Bladestorm so you'll have an Overpower proc as soon as you stop with the roflstorm. Other than that, practice, practice, practice on a lvl 80 dummy until you're comfortable with the rotation and you're pulling decent dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Erriq
    1 question, why so much expertise, 6.5% is the number to make, for dodge that is, and with your improved weapon mastery, 2/2 that reduces the enemies chance to dodge by 2% so you only need 4.5% which is 18 expertise, regem and re enchant you gear a bit.
    He needs to get rid of weapon mastery. If he gets rid of one of his expertise gems, he'd go below the cap (which isn't terrible but capping it is rather important) so he should keep his gems the way they are until he gets some gear that takes him to the cap without gems.

He could easily replace a 34 expertise gem with a 20 expertise one and use either a 34 str or 34 arp gem.

In fact simply by replacing your 34 expertise gems in belt and boots gets you just 2 over the expertise cap.

I am not sure what you are doing wrong, but Rawr suggests raid buffed you would be pulling around 4.8k dps in your current gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutabi
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...1,QM8-Rq,10676

Here's the link to what your build should be for maximum dps on single target fights. You do not need weapon mastery if you are capped on expertise, which you are.
    Imp Execute is ballin for Arms, and Second wind is completely pointless if you're in pve. It's just a waste of points.
    If you are keeping rend up at all times then you should have no problems.
    here's how my rotation goes (importance of abilities):
    Rend>Mortal Strike>Execute(whenever Sudden death procs)>Overpower>Slam(only when everything else is on CD or is not usable)
    Bladestorm on bosses when there are adds closeby. If there are no adds during the fight, be sure to put a rend up on the boss BEFORE Bladestorm so you'll have an Overpower proc as soon as you stop with the roflstorm. Other than that, practice, practice, practice on a lvl 80 dummy until you're comfortable with the rotation and you're pulling decent dps.

Awesome, thanks a lot for the input. I'll give that talent build a shot and see what happens. Now... to figure out what else I'm doing wrong... my guess is that I'm doing a little bit of the "n00b button pushing" instead of a focused rotation. I'll be hitting the practice dummy tonight to see what happens.

Stuff regarding your gear, gems and spec have been discussed and to be honest you should have read the stickies first because anything near 59/12 for raiding shows you did not.

As for the dps, it is most likely a rotation flaw because even with your current spec and gems and whatnot, you should still be well above 3800 in a 25 man fully buffed situation.

after rend is put up,
    An optimal rotation is

MS - X - OP - X
    MS - X - OP - X
    MS - X - OP - X
    MS - X - OP - Rend

If executed flawlessly, you get your first OP proc on rend at time 3s, and your last OP proc at time 21s. Given you lag a bit, or mess every once in a while or have a moving target etc. etc. a much simpler rotation is

Rend
    MS - X - OP - X three times

go over it again starting with rend.

Where X is execute if it's up, Slam if it's not. An earlier post discussed about a priority list having Execute > OP. This is a common misconception. Here are the reasons why.

1. The likeliness of sudden death procs overlapping if it is delayed by 1.5s is very very low.
    2. OP scales very well with gear and weapon while execute does not and your current state of gear should already prefer OP over execute
    3. People rarely consider the plus value of the 50% crit on OP and it's impact on deep wound damage increase.

At later states of gear, Bladestorm is an actual single target dps loss although if used properly, it's very very good. For example, boss' that have anticipated knockbacks. Should one occur, you charge back in. Should you know a second occur before charge CD is back up, pop BS so you have it up while he knocks you back in order to avoid the knockback.

Still, glyph of execution is of better use for arms than glyph of bladestorm is.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

4 suggestions for you:

1) Replace bladestorm gliph with execution gliph.

2) Reduce your expertise value to 22. This is the cap without any point in weapon mastery.

3) Critical strike rating too low. Increase it at least at 35%.

4) Try to get 2 pieces of T9 (conquest or triumph set) to receive an extra 6% bonus to your arp rating. In this way you can replace arp gems with strength gems.

Check my armory (I'm similar to you): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...otem&n=Elendyl
    I hit 7k in 25 men raids using this rotation: rend-ms-exe(when it procs)-overpower-bladestorm-slam(when everything is in cd)