Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: T10 Models Recap, MLG Anaheim, Blue posts

So many crying shamans. I'd rather wait longer for better looking set than get it early and ugly.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Myzrael
    So many crying shamans. I'd rather wait longer for better looking set than get it early and ugly.
    There's two ways to interpret the delay. Either the set is receiving an enormous amount of attention to detail, moreso than the other sets, or the design team had no idea where to go with the set and are playing around, slapping things together until something looks passable.

Spot the real patch note!

Originally Posted by Patch 1.11 Evil patch notes

Rogue:
    Fixed bug which allowed Rogues to wield two weapons at the same time. This was never intended to happen.

Paladin:
    Paladins can no longer target self with Lay on Hands as the spell was intended to help others.

Warrior:
    There will now be a 15 second cooldown when changing stances to prevent players from breaking Fear effects too often.

Priest:
    Shadowform now lasts five minutes with a ten minute cooldown. Mana cost reduced slightly.

Druid:
    Innervate now only works on caster.

Hunter:
    Hunters can now be affected by their own traps. This should add a sense of danger, and increase the Hunter's need to strategize his decisions

You what doesn't make sense about this LoH change. Is that GC seems to have a problem with the ability, but he's not taking the ability away, just making it so pallys can't use it on ourselves. LoH wrong on self, but okay on others. Either the spell is unbalance or it's not. Why does it make the 25k or 50k heal on others not OP , but OP if cast on self. If pallys can only use it on others now, why not make it a talented Holy spell, rather than all pallys still getting it. I mean I'm not going to be watching my raid while I dps or tank and make sure to run to them to heal them, ignoring my roll.
    Dps, Hps, Tps, don't mean shit if the boss doesn't die.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayem
    You what doesn't make sense about this LoH change. Is that GC seems to have a problem with the ability, but he's not taking the ability away, just making it so pallys can't use it on ourselves. LoH wrong on self, but okay on others. Either the spell is unbalance or it's not. Why does it make the 25k or 50k heal on others not OP , but OP if cast on self. If pallys can only use it on others now, why not make it a talented Holy spell, rather than all pallys still getting it. I mean I'm not going to be watching my raid while I dps or tank and make sure to run to them to heal them, ignoring my roll.
    ...allow me to point to the stupid ass comment about a prot warrior having a cooldown to instantly hit for 50k.

at what point does making loh not castable on urself...cover the prot warrior comment?
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranger
    I love the paladins complaining if you dont like getting nerfed become a rogue or dk and quit yer crying.
    Where the hell have you been for the past year? DKs get nerfed in EVERY single patch, just like pallies. I don't think that all the other classes combined have received as many nerfs as DKs and pallies have since 3.0
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    Where the hell have you been for the past year? DKs get nerfed in EVERY single patch, just like pallies. I don't think that all the other classes combined have received as many nerfs as DKs and pallies have since 3.0
    i dont mind nerfing pallys, or anyone for that matter.

but really? LoH? based on battlegrounds? Isnt there alot more things ruining bgs than pallys with loh? for instance afkers? or the lack of stuff to buy with honor?

really...LoH? Does blizz just have a random wheel that has pallys abilitys on it sitting in a office somewhere, and they just randomly roll it and decide thats what they are gonna pick for this week?

i just fail to understand how LoH is ruining the game.

Quote Originally Posted by HotsPal
    ...allow me to point to the stupid ass comment about a prot warrior having a cooldown to instantly hit for 50k.

at what point does making loh not castable on urself...cover the prot warrior comment?
    lol.
    I was talking about the LoH change, not anything about a protection warrior. i didn't quote anyone for that reason just my thoughts.

LoH is not ruining the game. the ppl that qq about it are. LOH IS A PALLY thing it always has been since there was rpgs with pallies in them. But ppl cry about it so its getting taken away. Its so stupid and ppl just dont understand. Im sorry but you qqers about LoH to look at other things the ruin ur bgs and 1v1s cause its not LoH this is the most retarded nerf ever and I am greatly dissapointed in Blizz for doing this.

Deleted

What a disapointing lineup from Mlg agian. Just one european team, when there are so many brilliant ones.

i dont mind nerfing pallys, or anyone for that matter.

but really? LoH? based on battlegrounds? Isnt there alot more things ruining bgs than pallys with loh? for instance afkers? or the lack of stuff to buy with honor?

really...LoH? Does blizz just have a random wheel that has pallys abilitys on it sitting in a office somewhere, and they just randomly roll it and decide thats what they are gonna pick for this week?

i just fail to understand how LoH is ruining the game.
    Because 1 LoH per BG is game-breaking!
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by Grayem
    I was talking about the LoH change, not anything about a protection warrior. i didn't quote anyone for that reason just my thoughts.
    read the main blue post, they compare loh to a 50k instant hit by a prot warrior.

thats why its op. (apparently)

Deleted

Those rogue and warlock sets are $%^£1?! imba.

read the main blue post, they compare loh to a 50k instant hit by a prot warrior.

thats why its op. (apparently)
    Ah Okay, missed the sarcasm. Yeah, a 50k heal is comparable to a 50k hit( way to use the extreme, blizz.) Thing is LoH has been usable for 5 years, At 60 LoH was at least an hour cool down( although still think I remember it being a once a day thing) , took all mana, then 1 hour CD all mana, then changed to partial mana,1 hour CD, then 20 minutes, and no mana, now its 15 mintues with glyph.

If it's suddenly OP now, why wasn't it at 70 or 60? Blizz made it more and more attractive to use whenever rather then it staying the 'Oh crap, I'm going to die but only have 10 mana, LoH time, full health, no mana." I'll be honest I barely use it, but I play with that level 60 mentality of only using it in emergency. Since the Cd was so long. When I do use it now, I forget about it and notice it's off CD.

This reminds me of the Vindication nerf, was fine game mechanic for 5 years , then suddenly OP.

Can't wait for my mage's summon food/water and portals to be taken away, because other classes have to buy/make their own food, and they also have to use hearth stones/city portals to get around.

gonna make it big for all of you, since obviously, people seems to forget things:
    Death Pact
    40 Runic Power
    Instant 2 min cooldown
    Sacrifices an undead minion, healing the Death Knight for 40% of <his/her> maximum health. This heal cannot be a critical.

Enraged Regeneration
    15 Rage
    Instant 3 min cooldown
    You regenerate 30% of your total health over 10 sec. This ability requires an Enrage effect, consumes all Enrage effects and prevents any from affecting you for the full duration.

Frenzied Regeneration Rank 1
    Instant 3 min cooldown
    Requires Bear Form, Dire Bear Form
    Converts up to 10 rage per second into health for 10 sec. Each point of rage is converted into 0.3% of max health.

now pala:

Lay on Hands Rank 5
    40 yd range
    Instant 20 min cooldown
    Heals a friendly target for an amount equal to the Paladin's maximum health and restores 1950 of their mana.

basically, it's the ONLY pro active cooldown with shield wall paladins have for THEM, while tanking.

Noticed that all those spells cost something, have a much shorter CD, for less regen ofc, usable in arena, for all specs.

bottom line is : make LOH cost something back, make it less powerfull, but more often. everyone that cares just a little bit about balance will be ok with that.

I JUST FIXED IT. DONE.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

First off, I feel the need to point out that this isn't just a PvP nerf, it is also a tank balancing PvE nerf, since paladins were starting to pull ahead in that area. About the only area it wasn't a nerf for was arena, since, you know, it can't be used there.

Second up, to both sides of this argument, you seem to just be thinking about this in a 1v1 scenario. Yes, paladins just lost the ability to LAY ON HANDS THEMSELVES. Hey, you know that warrior who was with that retri you were just trying to kill? He is still fair game. Or that priest you ALMOST had dead? Yup, her too. If anything, this may make paladins more DANGEROUS in group PvP situations, since they won't be so fixated on just healing themselves now. With any luck paladins will start looking around for other people they can bring back from the brink of death. I actually think that would make them MORE dangerous, just to be honest.

Now, maybe I am off base here, but I don't think this is the right direction to go in nerfing paladins. I think the spell power co-efficient in both the protection tree and the retribution tree were a very bad idea. If any of you know how Gift of the Naaru works, it picks whichever stat is higher, AP or SP, and heals based on that. Why not do the same with paladin's damaging abilities? Then turn the co-efficient talents into talents to buff the primary seal of the tanking or DPS'ing spec? This would also have the effect of nerfing the healing capabilities of both of the other specs, which I think is a perfectly reasonable nerf considering they aren't mean to be good at healing.

Quote Originally Posted by palladiamors
    First off, I feel the need to point out that this isn't just a PvP nerf, it is also a tank balancing PvE nerf, since paladins were starting to pull ahead in that area. About the only area it wasn't a nerf for was arena, since, you know, it can't be used there.

Second up, to both sides of this argument, you seem to just be thinking about this in a 1v1 scenario. Yes, paladins just lost the ability to LAY ON HANDS THEMSELVES. Hey, you know that warrior who was with that retri you were just trying to kill? He is still fair game. Or that priest you ALMOST had dead? Yup, her too. If anything, this may make paladins more DANGEROUS in group PvP situations, since they won't be so fixated on just healing themselves now. With any luck paladins will start looking around for other people they can bring back from the brink of death. I actually think that would make them MORE dangerous, just to be honest.

Now, maybe I am off base here, but I don't think this is the right direction to go in nerfing paladins. I think the spell power co-efficient in both the protection tree and the retribution tree were a very bad idea. If any of you know how Gift of the Naaru works, it picks whichever stat is higher, AP or SP, and heals based on that. Why not do the same with paladin's damaging abilities? Then turn the co-efficient talents into talents to buff the primary seal of the tanking or DPS'ing spec? This would also have the effect of nerfing the healing capabilities of both of the other specs, which I think is a perfectly reasonable nerf considering they aren't mean to be good at healing.
    problem my friend, is if abilities only scale with AP, a holy pala, which already do the least amount of dmg of the healers (in healer spec) will do even less dps, since may I just remind you that Paladins don't have any casting spell besides exorcism on 15sec cds..

anyway, your comment made me LOL so hard, "teaming up" made me think of paladins teaming up with yet another paladin LOH each other ;D ;D hahaha.
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

I probably wasn't clear enough. I meant to say that the relevant seal would pick whichever was highest, AP or SP, and determine damage based off of that. Like Gift of the Naaru does at current. I play a holy paladin, so I DEFINITELY don't want my damage nerfed anymore.

Am I the only one who's more worried about the sacred shield nerf LoH? I mean screw LoH I don't really care that much, my main spec is even prot, we already have argent defender which I think is enough.

But as a ret with the sacred shield nerf it's pretty much useless.

Quote Originally Posted by palladiamors
    I probably wasn't clear enough. I meant to say that the relevant seal would pick whichever was highest, AP or SP, and determine damage based off of that. Like Gift of the Naaru does at current. I play a holy paladin, so I DEFINITELY don't want my damage nerfed anymore.
    yeah, but like this you're just removing the tools from a hybrid. an elemental shaman can still heal, a shadow priest can still heal, a moonkin can still heal. good for a short amount of time? yes, good over time? no.

if I have to drink my 50k hp poll because my holy light are healing me for 2k each, and draining 1/4 of my mana pool each time I have to heal up myself outside of raid etc, that would just be a bit stupid to have those spells.