Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Bubbling in a duel - is it wrong?

I don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe that player is a hold over of old school WoW when forbearance wasn't in it, and you could bubble twice in a short period of time. Every other class has short cooldowns that they use in duels all the time, so I don't see the problem. Though I do agree LOH is kinda cheap.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Noblersavage
    No, bubbling in a duel is not wrong at all, and that paladin should definitely have not have freaked out on you. In fact, if you aren't allowed to bubble, then he shouldn't be allowed to pop wings, seeing as both cause forbearance.
    The wings doesn't cause forbearance it just triggers an internal Cool-down on both Divine shield and Hand of Protection for 30 secs!

And about the bubbling during duels, I personally never do it, same as Lay on hands. I don't hate the paladins that do it, but it just makes me laugh to see that they can't win without using either of them! The only time I use it is in arena and world pvp against Horde ( and pve of-course)!
    Yep I'm guild-less because of toxic elite-jerks in my old top raiding guild. Why can't we all get along like normal human beings?

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic
    Anything you can do in arena is perfectly fine for a duel. If you can't do it in arena I would say that no, they shouldn't do it in a duel. Be that lay on hands, a death knights army of the dead, etc.
    This
    "Greetings undead. Wonderful day to be alive, is it not?"

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns
    Yeah, it's wrong. I know a paladin who refuses to anything but bubble/heal/LoH to win. It's pathetic.
    Paladins, you are not a cat. You do not have 9 lives. Stop pretending.
    Someone fails at math.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie
    Someone fails at math.
    What's a cat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

I will also use LoH. Why not? It's a duel, not arena. WTF should I care what's allowed in arena when I'm outside some major city handing you your ass? Fights aren't fair, even if sanctioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue
    once upon a time I dueled a paladin

i beat the snot out of him! but he bubbled : (100% invulnerable)

he unbubbles, i beat the snot out of him again. he uses his OTHER bubble. (melee attack invulnerable, and i'm a rogue)

i beat him up again though now it's getting close, he STUNS ME heals up to full again with lay on hands :'( :'(

and i get him down to half hp before i finally lose.

only time i tolerate bubbles is when paladins do it really prematurely and i can just vanish and wait it out since i didn't have time to pop cooldowns.
    You must be bad if you couldn't kill him during the 2 minute forbearance debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue
    once upon a time I dueled a paladin

i beat the snot out of him! but he bubbled : (100% invulnerable)

he unbubbles, i beat the snot out of him again. he uses his OTHER bubble. (melee attack invulnerable, and i'm a rogue)

i beat him up again though now it's getting close, he STUNS ME heals up to full again with lay on hands :'( :'(

and i get him down to half hp before i finally lose.

only time i tolerate bubbles is when paladins do it really prematurely and i can just vanish and wait it out since i didn't have time to pop cooldowns.
    so wait u "beat the snot out of him" so fast he had time for forbearance to wear off and bubble again? you mean. so i white attacked him for 2 minutes while he spammed flash of light. and cause im bad i didnt think to use a wound poisen, then to top it all off he stunned me!. which is a whole new concept to a rogue.... right???

10+ Year Old Account

You must be bad if you couldn't kill him during the 2 minute forbearance debuff.
    ^That says it all!
    Yep I'm guild-less because of toxic elite-jerks in my old top raiding guild. Why can't we all get along like normal human beings?

This topic is new and interesting.

Regardless, duels are between two people. If no ground rules are laid out before said duel, anything is fair game. If you hate cooldowns, then say "don't use x, y, and z". Simple.

IT IS A DUEL......WHO FUCKING CARES????????

Yea, it is stupid to do it, but did it cost him honor or arena points?

hahaha i was thinking of that xD
    Topic: Uh... How is healing fun... at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorn
    when s$%t hits the fan, tank thinks "crap we're gonna wipe", dps thinks "crap we're gonna wipe", healer says "no f$%#ing way am i letting us wipe"... heart starts pounding, palms get sweaty, and when you finally down him without wiping, you sit back, light up a smoke and think to yourself "yep, i did that"
    Quote Originally Posted by Grohnn
    a dps dies, raids goes: "meh is just a dps"
    a healer dies, raid goes: "OH SHIZ A HEALER DIED"

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem

Yea, it is stupid to do it, but did it cost him honor or arena points?
    i once dueled a guy with a 3000g wager!!! was pimp. guild betting and everything lol

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dazline
    i once dueled a guy with a 3000g wager!!! was pimp. guild betting and everything lol
    Who won!

If they tell me I can't bubble (which I don't just to avoid bitching, mostly), I tell them they can't use Vanish, Death Wish, etc.

Either way, if they bitch about bubble, chances are they're so fail at PVP I could whoop their ass with a wet noodle and some tape.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    Just intrested in knowing where people stand in this matter.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dazline
    then to top it all off he stunned me!. which is a whole new concept to a rogue.... right???
    I giggled.

15+ Year Old Account

Nope its not.

/thread.

It's okay. It is YOUR class ability as a Paladin, Blizzard made it for your use. If you have an ability that was given to you, use it.

Not using it is like having someone trying to kill you, and not using everything you can to survive.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anvilmar&n=Tandellon

Quote Originally Posted by Bamahut
    Who won!
    me me me me. thank god 2, i was broke as shit.