Help: Rwar, Mac, and Gearing Enhance

So this has really been getting on my nerves, but ive gone to forums all over trying to figure out how to gem/gear my shaman, and almost all there is is "go use rwar or enhsim after hit/exp cap"

We'll i have a Mac, i cant use either of those without great hassle, so is there anyone willing to run it for me and send back the numbers?

here's my armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Skull&n=Elizur

Also, anyone else have this problem?
    (waiting for 'useless post is useless')

Re: Help: Rwar, Mac, and Gearing Enhance

im having the same problem mate youre not alone =)

i think there is some online flash version under construction which would work on both platforms but im not sure how its coming along.

i know theres, more its just sooo annying

I hope you enjoy that overpriced piece of designer crap.

As far as your problem, learn to run a virtual pc. It's not a great hassle unless you don't know wtf you are doing with a computer (but since you bought a Mac you may not).

Also, instead of paying out the ass for the Apple name, you could have just bought parts, saved shit tons, built it yourself then downloaded OSX and installed it if you absolutely MUST run OSX.

Quote Originally Posted by MGA
    As far as your problem, learn to run a virtual pc. It's not a great hassle unless you don't know wtf you are doing with a computer (but since you bought a Mac you may not).
    ohh its so hard to slide that disc in and install oohhh, its not about the hassle its about not wanting to buy a Win OS just to run these programs.

But since you managed to plug in your colored Dell cables I guess I can't win with you...

back on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by myeviltwin
    ohh its so hard to slide that disc in and install oohhh, its not about the hassle its about not wanting to buy a Win OS just to run these programs.

But since you managed to plug in your colored Dell cables I guess I can't win with you...

back on topic.
    Who said anything about buying? You can download OSX, Windows and virtual pc software. If it isn't about the hassle then getting a virtual PC running Windows set up shouldn't be a problem.

And I have never bought a prebuilt. Hell my first ever PC was put together by myself and my dad when I was just 7.

Deleted

Its a valid question MGA so quit the flaming or enjoy a ban from the forum for a while.

Rawr3 is a browser based version of Rawr and as such will work on any platform. It uses the new Microsoft Silverlight technology on the server side (not flash) to build the webpages. This allows the development team to use EXACTLY the same code in the calculations and only have to play around with getting the look n' feel right.

The Enhance model is built and mostly working, I need to add the options panel though as at present it has no options only defaults. This also means that at present it cannot export to EnhSim. I hope to have that fixed by the weekend.

Unfortunately at present however I am unable to reveal the URL of the website for users to test as its in closed beta at present. Perhaps Astrylian will do a beta key give away, although if you get a suspicious email advertising a beta key give away such as "You want beta site web on Rawr? Maybe some gold you buy?" then its a hoax from a gold farmer

Thanks for the update Levva!

Can't wait for it to "go gold" =)

bootcamp is your friend, works fine here
    or you can run a virtual host on your mac(virtual box/vmware fusion)
    but that's basicly the same as bootcamp

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    Its a valid question
    And I gave a valid answer.

Shall I repeat it again?

Download virtual pc software and a copy of Windows. Install the virtual pc software, create a new virtual pc, install Windows. Congratulations you can now run Rawr/Enhsim.

your answer is also quite illegal...

believe it or not but some of us actually pay for the stuff we use

It's also actually against the ToS to run Windows (and Mac OSX) inside a virtual machine. It's in that fine print you never read while you're installing your illegally downloaded software! Tut tut!

Deleted

And I gave a valid answer.

Shall I repeat it again?

Download virtual pc software and a copy of Windows. Install the virtual pc software, create a new virtual pc, install Windows. Congratulations you can now run Rawr/Enhsim.
    No you gave an illegal answer, unless the Mac user pays for a copy of windows they are not entitled to install it on a virtual machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    No you gave an illegal answer, unless the Mac user pays for a copy of windows they are not entitled to install it on a virtual machine.
    unless he downloads the final rc of win7 which remains valid till june 2010.
    in that case he can perfectly host a windows-client from any other operating system.
    It is however illegal to download vmware fusion. If you wish to remain 'legal', use virtualbox of bootcamp

I hope you enjoy that overpriced piece of designer crap.
    :P actually i am studying in design and arts, but i didnt have a mac till going to school. as far as crap tho, i enjoy the Mac tons more, and ive had this one for 4 years with no issues, vs the litaney of problems the PC's have givin me in under 1-2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by shadet
    It's also actually against the ToS to run Windows (and Mac OSX) inside a virtual machine. It's in that fine print you never read while you're installing your illegally downloaded software! Tut tut!
    It's only against the EULA if you are using the same license on the actual PC and on the virtual machine. You can run one license of Windows on your actual PC and another license in a virtual machine and it is not against the EULA. As long as you aren't using that license on anything other than the virtual PC it is ok.

But it doesn't even matter for home users, Microsoft isn't gonna come knocking on your door for violating a EULA (that a small, small percentage of people actually read) in your own home.

actually i am studying in design and arts, but i didnt have a mac till going to school. as far as crap tho, i enjoy the Mac tons more, and ive had this one for 4 years with no issues, vs the litaney of problems the PC's have givin me in under 1-2 years.
    If you don't fill your PC with stupid crap and actually know how to maintain it and use it then you won't have problems. It also helps if you've been using computers since you were a child and have been building them yourself for that long too. But you can't expect people to have done that here on a WoW forum.

Deleted

Locking this thread as MGA seems keen to keep it as a Mac bashing exercise and not stay on topic.

BTW take this as a personal warning MGA, keep it on topic and related to Shamans in this forum or enjoy your ban. This is a WoW forum for discussing Shamans, NOT a platform for your personal Mac hating.