10+ Year Old Account

1% Missing Chance

Hello everybody,
    first of all I want to apologise about my poor English but I'll try to make it clear.

Everyone that have raided on WoW: The Burning Crusade, we always heard that everyone that is capped on his Hit Rating (Hit Rating and Spell Hit on those day's), still had 1% chance on missing their abilities.

As I read at 3.0, 1% Miss on Spells have been removed, but I'm not really sure about melee's.
    1. - Melee's still have 1% do miss on abilities?

Okay, another thing. As I know, Growl/Faerie Fire/Challenging Roar works as Spells. Am I right? So, my second question is:
    2. - If melee's still have that 1% miss chance (if it's Yes to my first question) on attacks, Growl/Faerie Fire/Challenging Roar is affected by Spell Hit Removal from patch 3.0?

Just to confirm: Growl/Faerie Fire/Challenging Roar are considered as Spells, right?

//Ogait

| Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Re: 1% Missing Chance

1. No, not any more. That is, melee 'abilities'. You'd need an enormous amount of hit to make sure that you won't miss with your white attacks, and that's just not worth it.

2. Yeah, they're still considered spells. However, if you want to tank, the Glyph of Growl will give your Growl and extra 8% to hit, making it hit the hit cap for spells if you're hit capped for melee.

10+ Year Old Account

Thank You MushroomBomb .

Any one has anything to say?
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    1. No, not any more. That is, melee 'abilities'. You'd need an enormous amount of hit to make sure that you won't miss with your white attacks, and that's just not worth it.

2. Yeah, they're still considered spells. However, if you want to tank, the Glyph of Growl will give your Growl and extra 8% to hit, making it hit the hit cap for spells if you're hit capped for melee.
    enough said

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

As a feral druid your attack speed is normalised at 2.5 speed and the hit rating requirement is the same as a 2h weapon afaik, so the special hit cap is the same as the white hit cap (in bear only) The massive amounts of hit needed to white cap only apply to duel weild.

Wasn't Growl changed to using physical hit?
    I havn't missed one since I overcapped hit in my tanking gear and dropped the glyph out of curiousity.

I was under the impression that Feral Druids only needed 8% hit to no longer miss with their abilities and white attacks, seeing as how they don't have offhand attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait
    1. - Melee's still have 1% do miss on abilities?
    2. - If melee's still have that 1% miss chance (if it's Yes to my first question) on attacks, Growl/Faerie Fire/Challenging Roar is affected by Spell Hit Removal from patch 3.0?
    1) No
    2) I'll try to be as precise as possible
    If you're in your bear / cat form you need 8% (263 hit rating) not to miss with your abilities
    if you have that much hit rating you can't miss with your attacks and you can't miss with your growls, faeirie fire and challenging roar
    however keep in mind that mobs can still parry / dodge your attacks
    expertise rating helps with that...
    (132 is soft cap for feral druids with primal precision - if you don't have it please respec for it. that makes total of 214 expertise rating which makes your attack undodgable... boss can still parry your attack if you're attacking from frontal side... parry cap is ridiculously high - 15% and you shouldn't bother with it)

that's pretty much everything you need to know, 263 hit rating and 132 (214 with talents) expertise rating

spell casters and dual wielders have different hit ratings and you don't need to know about them as feral

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by coocoo
    Wasn't Growl changed to using physical hit?
    I havn't missed one since I overcapped hit in my tanking gear and dropped the glyph out of curiousity.
    It was changed to use "physical hit rating" (actually called just "hit rating", but distinct from "spell hit rating" at the time), but the amount of hit required remained the same as when it used spell hit (17% at the time).

It's set up so that melee 1h hit cap + growl glyph = growl hit cap; the point is to prevent us from having to stack extra hit on our gear when it benefits nothing except growl (and FF/IW, I suppose).

Quote Originally Posted by Fbl
    2) I'll try to be as precise as possible
    If you're in your bear / cat form you need 8% (263 hit rating) not to miss with your abilities
    if you have that much hit rating you can't miss with your attacks and you can't miss with your growls, faeirie fire and challenging roar
    however keep in mind that mobs can still parry / dodge your attacks
    expertise rating helps with that...
    (132 is soft cap for feral druids with primal precision - if you don't have it please respec for it. that makes total of 214 expertise rating which makes your attack undodgable... boss can still parry your attack if you're attacking from frontal side... parry cap is ridiculously high - 15% and you shouldn't bother with it)

that's pretty much everything you need to know, 263 hit rating and 132 (214 with talents) expertise rating

spell casters and dual wielders have different hit ratings and you don't need to know about them as feral
    Incorrect.
    Up until the end of The Burning Crusade, spell hit and melee hit were exclusive. Tooltips on items would say "increase your spell hit rating by x". They later merged hit ratings so that they were no longer exclusive. All abilities work off the same hit rating now, however melee need 8% to hit with single wielding weapons, casters need 17% to hit with spells, and dual wield need like 25% or something (who cares?).

Now for the part that many people don't know: Growl is considered a spell. You need 17% to cap it. Yes, it's physical. It doesn't matter.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Growl
    Growl is treated as a spell. It can't be cast when silenced and it has a 17% chance to not hit boss mobs
    Get the Growl glyph. Get 9% hit. Never look back.

Yeah,getefix is right.I missed couple of growls few nights ago,altho im hit capped DPS feral.We were on champions and i had to emergency growl some mobs of our casters.As i dont have Growl glyphed in kitty spec,i missed 2/3 growls in same fight (normal difficulty).

Quote Originally Posted by getefix

http://www.wowwiki.com/GrowlGet the Growl glyph. Get 9% hit. Never look back.

Actually, you would still only need 7% melee hit to be hit capped (with the 8% from glyph). Check your character stat sheet, you get roughly 2% more spell hit % than melee hit % with the same amount of hit rating.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    Actually, you would still only need 7% melee hit to be hit capped (with the 8% from glyph). Check your character stat sheet, you get roughly 2% more spell hit % than melee hit % with the same amount of hit rating.
    thats a very good idea, just only get 7% melee hit so u'll be hitcaped with the glyph. what about the melee abilities? they would have 1% miss ...