Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Patch 3.3 - PTR Build 10747

Updates
    07:30 AM CEST - The big update of the night is now available, the transcript of all the Icecrown Citadel sound files added with this patch (SPOILER! Do not click if you're not interested). Speculation time!

Patch 3.3 - PTR Build 10747
    A new build has been deployed on PTRs, it looks like there are a ocuple of interesting changes here (but no Tier 10 set for Shamans ^^). Stay tuned!

Icecrown Soundfiles Transcript
    In the following post you will find the transcript of all the sound files added to the game with this patch, some of them will reveal a few parts of the storyline and you shouldn't click it if you do not want to see spoilers.

Companion Pets Models
    Perky Pug is the pet reward for running random dungeons through the new Dungeon System.

Boss Models
    One more boss model in this build. This is an updated model for Lord Marrowgar.

Mount Models
    We can assume that they are the models of the mounts introduced with this build ...

• Invincible - Summons and dismisses the flying undead horse Invincible. This mount changes depending on your Riding skill and location.
    • Big Love Rocket - Summons and dismisses a rideable Big Love Rocket. This mount changes depending on your Riding skill and location.

The Love Rocket will most likely be a rare drop from the Valentine's Day event and Invincible was Arthas' Mount before and after he became a Death Knight. The grave of his horse was in Balnir Farmstead in Tirisfal Glades. Last year during the Zombie Invasion world event, the grave was dug up randomly. (Thanks to War from Haomarush-US for the tip, you can also check the article on WoWWiki)

Achievements
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Feats of Strength

Icecrown Citadel (25 Players)

Spell Comparison
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Items

Mounts
    • Invincible - Summons and dismisses the flying undead horse Invincible. This mount changes depending on your Riding skill and location.
    • Big Love Rocket - Summons and dismisses a rideable Big Love Rocket. This mount changes depending on your Riding skill and location.

Herbalism
    • Lifeblood is now increased by maximum health.

Paladin
    Holy
    • Flash of Light no longer heals for an additional 100% over 12 sec if the target has the Sacred Shield effect.
    • Lay on Hands is now affected by Forbearance and can now be cast on self again - Heals a friendly target for an amount equal to the Paladin's maximum health and restores 1950 of their mana. Once healed, the target cannot be targeted by Divine Shield, Divine Protection, Hand of Protection, or Lay on Hands again for 2 min.
    • Infusion of Light now causes your Flash of Light to heal the target for an additional 50/100% over 12 sec.

Protection

Warlock
    Demonology
    • Molten Core now increases the duration of your Immolate by 3/6 sec. and give you a 4/8% chance to gain the Molten Core effect.

Warrior
    Arms
    • Mocking Blow now deals weapon damage if the target is tauntable.

PTR Build 10747 - Official Notes Update
    The official notes have been updated to reflect the changes in the upcoming PTR build. Battlegrounds now reward you with Arena Points as well.
    Originally Posted by Dresorull (Blue Tracker)

• Meeting Stones: To use any Meeting Stone, it is only required that the character’s minimum level be 15. There is no maximum character level requirement for any Meeting Stone.

PvP
    Battlegrounds
    • All level 71-80 Battleground daily quests will now award 25 Arena points in addition to their current rewards.
    Wintergrasp
    • You must now have the following ranks to build or pilot siege vehicles:
    Rank 2: Build/pilot Catapults.
    Rank 3: Build/pilot Demolishers.
    Rank 3: Build/pilot Siege Engines.

Death Knight
    • Army of the Dead: The cooldown on this ability has been reduced from 20 minutes to 10 minutes. Army Ghoul damage dropped by 50%. Cannot be used in Arenas.
    • Raise Ally: The cooldown on this ability has been reduced from 15 minutes to 10 minutes. Cannot be used in Arenas.
    • Rune Strike: Threat generated by this ability increased by approximately 17%.

Mage
    Frost
    • Fingers of Frost: This talent now triggers immediately on casting a spell rather than being delayed until the spell strikes the target.

Paladin
    • Divine Intervention: Cooldown on this ability has been reduced from 20 minutes to 10 minutes. Cannot be used in Arenas.
    • Flash of Light: This spell no longer causes a heal-over-time effect unless the player has the Infusion of Light talent.
    • Lay on Hands: This ability now places Forbearance on the target and cannot be used on a target with Forbearance.
    Holy
    • Infusion of Light: This talent now causes the paladin’s Flash of Light spells to heal the target for 50/100% of the Flash of Light healing amount over 12 seconds.
    Protection
    • Aura Mastery: This effect of this talent has been reduced in duration to 6 seconds.
    • Sacred Shield: The damage absorption effect from this ability now triggers only once every 30 seconds.

Shaman
    • Earth Elemental Totem: The cooldown for this totem has been reduced from 20 minutes to 10 minutes. Cannot be used in Arenas.
    • Fire Elemental Totem: The cooldown for this totem has been reduced from 20 minutes to 10 minutes. Cannot be used in Arenas.

Warlock
    Pets
    • Inferno: The cooldown on this summoning spell has been reduced from 20 minutes to 10 minutes. Cannot be used in Arenas.

User Interface
    • Group Disenchanting Option: In addition to rolling Need or Greed on items, players now have the option to elect for an item to be disenchanted if an enchanter of the appropriate skill level is in the group. Disenchant works exactly like Greed except if a player wins the Greed roll, they will receive the disenchanted materials instead. Players who choose Need will always win the item and will always beat those that choose Greed or Disenchant.

Re: Patch 3.3 - Official Notes Update 11/03

Love that meeting stones and arena points idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

In b4 whining about arena point elitism.

Woot pally changes!

o.O
    Free arena points?
    Holy s***?

10+ Year Old Account

inb4 arena points qq
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

"Meeting Stones: To use any Meeting Stone, it is only required that the character’s minimum level be 15. There is no maximum character level requirement for any Meeting Stone."

Seriously, they couldn't have done this with 3.2.2? Woulda made HH so much easier.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

i wonder if the emblems for 2000 honor for 100 arena points will remain the same then..

i mean, really easy honor farming + gems buying incoming otherwise
    My pala (Cleai)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&n=Cleai

The question is, will there be a CAP on BG-earned arena points, or can you grind straight to 2600?

I'm happy for all the changes
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

err, arena points in BGs >.<

wth
    Don't Fwoosh me.

* All level 71-80 Battlegrounds will now award victors 25 Arena points in addition to Honor.
    Errm, I am not sure what to say. O.o
    "Don't Blink. Blink and you are dead."

* All level 71-80 Battlegrounds will now award victors 25 Arena points in addition to Honor.

tha woot? like.... now its only the rating that matters?

we will see people with full best pvp set/weapon the first week... i dont want that :<

hopefully they will add a arenapoint cap each week. if not, its ridicilous easy to get gear and no reason getting higher rating than 2,2k

Deleted

I want to see Halls of Reflection open... :/

Deleted

LOL, Arena points for BG's... WHY?

its good and all but lol, the system we have is fine?

All level 71-80 Battlegrounds will now award victors 25 Arena points in addition to Honor.

Where do i recognize this?

Oh yeah. Raiding emblems for doing heroics - Not that i'm complaining.

arena points from bgs, hmz.. me lieks:3

Might bring more people to bgs as well as keeping it objective orientated rather than mid-field zerg

But than again I'm not especially "hardcore" and welcome such a change with open arms, even though I expect a lot of QQ regarding this from the slightly more serious parts of Azaroth^.^

Definitely feeling the arena points and summoning stone idea
    Work in Progress....

• Originally Posted by Dresorull (Blue Tracker)

Paladin
      • Lay on Hands: This ability now places Forbearance on the target and cannot be used on a target with Forbearance.

While it doesn't help Protection tanking, I'd mostly given up on that being used for us any more. Now we have four abilities that can't be cross-used. While Hand of Protection and Divine Shield certainly make sense (chaining bubbles would be loltastic) I half wish they'd remove Divine Protection from the list. Doesn't change from the "Can't use on yourself" much though, as far as Prot goes. For ret or holy, now it's DS to get out of OH SHI- moment number one, and hope the second doesn't kill you so you can full heal (after 2 minutes).

EDIT:: Didn't notice the lack of Sacred Shield in the FoL HoT, at least as far as the language for the new IoL talent goes. If it really is baseline and not dependent on SS, that could be a nice little buff for spot raid healing.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

because 10 games a week is hard....sigh