Healing Comp for ToGC 25 - 0, 1, or 2 resto shamans?

The title pretty much says it all. We're stuck on Beasts on TOGC 25 (have gotten to icehowl, but not past).

I'm making the argument that ancestral healing's 10% physical damage reduction can't be ignored, in addition to the passive benefits for the tanks, between earth shield and riptide.

Is there any other class/spec that can duplicate the effect of ancestral healing? If not, then what do you guys typically see for the number of resto shamans on beasts, and other fights in TOGC 25?

Deleted

Re: Healing Comp for ToGC 25 - 0, 1, or 2 resto shamans?

The other class are preists. (edited as i was wrong on spec)

The talent is Inspiration in the priest Holy tree.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fen
    The talent is Inspiration in the priest Holy tree.
    So there isn't any confusion, disc priests pick it up too. You want either a resto shaman, or a disc priest on your tank healing to keep up that buff.

I don't suppose that inspiration would stack with ancestral healing, or would it?

Edit: I'm guessing not, since they're identical effects.

My new question becomes if ancestral healing procs from earth shield heals, and whether it would be "safer" to count on a shaman giving the tank this damage reduction, as opposed to counting on a priest to do it.

15+ Year Old Account

Even if your job is to heal the raid, you will put an earth shield on the tank, now you have to crit heal the tank every 15 seconds to get the proc, it's very easy and I don't see any problem as you will chain heal mélée players.
    On top of this no buff on the tank for some seconds is not a big deal, maybe in heroic ToCr it could be.

Yeah, by ToGC, I'm referring to heroic ToC.

New question: Can you set healbot to use a macro, like vuhdo can? If so, how?

We run with 3 resto shaman (2 Chain heal spams and me as a tank healer mostly) in our ToGC raids. Not because they are the best class, but because they are all good players.

There's only 2 encounters where tanks take alot of dmg in ToGC. Although 10% shouldn't be overlooked, its not OMG if we don't have it were gonna wipe. Also, all priests should have the same buff and will likely keep it up even while healing raid with their AoE heals and instant flash heal procs.

If your getting to Icehowl then your healers are fine. If your hitting enrage then possibly sit a healer for a dps, or try and maximize the dps you have. If people are dieing to his charge then remove them from the raid for being baddies.

[size=20pt]Grid + mouseovers > Healbot [/size]

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

Someone told me last night that the combo of grid + clique will circumvent the API block that Blizz has in place, which causes healbot and vuhdo to disappear when you d/c in the middle of a fight, then log back in. Can you confirm that?

If so, that sounds like the only compelling reason I've ever heard to use grid+clique over healbot or vuhdo.

As for grid+mouseovers, what makes it superior?

Grid will disappear if you d/c and reconnect, at least mine always does. I like mouseover macro healing because if everything else goes to heck you can mouse-over heal with the standard blizz mouse-over char tooltips (though not particularly well).

From my experience Icehowl doesn't actually do that much tank damage, at least compared to Gormak. The big thing on that phase is to top everyone off before a crash, as it can easily hit players for 70% of their health plus. You're pretty much guaranteed to lose to the enrage if you lost a dps or two earlier, or if someone gets hit by the charge. Nobody has any excuse to get hit by the charge. One thing your raid might not be doing (and I believe it still works) if a paladin is really quick giving a hand of freedom to Icehowl's Arctic Breath target it will interrupt the effect and free everyone currently stunned, its a pretty effective way to squeeze out some extra dps and makes life much easier on the healers (since the raid stops taking damage). Have them make a macro to cast HoF on targetoftarget.

Post enrage Icehowl hits like a truck, tonight Massive Crash hit me for 47k through Divine Sac and Shamanistic Rage, but then this isn't strictly relevant to a strategy for beating him properly, and 10% physical damage reduction wouldn't have saved me either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

how about f*ck grid and healbot , get any raidframe addon and bind your heals to mousover macros?
    And if you haven't got a disc priest on your tanks , you absolutely need a shaman to maintain the buff.
    Especially if you are a guild on raid progress. Every bit of buff helps

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    Grid will disappear if you d/c and reconnect, at least mine always does. I like mouseover macro healing because if everything else goes to heck you can mouse-over heal with the standard blizz mouse-over char tooltips (though not particularly well).
    Have you got the latest edition? This used to happen to me back in tbc and naxx in wotlk. But since ulduar I havn't had this problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Executia
    how about f*ck grid and healbot , get any raidframe addon and bind your heals to mousover macros?
    And if you haven't got a disc priest on your tanks , you absolutely need a shaman to maintain the buff.
    Especially if you are a guild on raid progress. Every bit of buff helps
    Why bother with mouseover macros when you can get an addon that does it for you and you save macro space?

Or you could use mouseovers in combination with grid like me . Grid will show you all the info you need, and if you use mouseovers you just keybind your spells like normal. This allows you to heal effectively in a group, raid, or even solo since your keybindings are the same. If your in a group, just hover over a grid frame and press the keybinding. If you not in a group and want to heal someone, just hover over them and press the same keybinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    Post enrage Icehowl hits like a truck, tonight Massive Crash hit me for 47k through Divine Sac and Shamanistic Rage, but then this isn't strictly relevant to a strategy for beating him properly, and 10% physical damage reduction wouldn't have saved me either.
    Just to clarify when he enrages it almost a sure wipe. He does massive crash and wipes everyone but the tank and then turns around and 1 shots the tank. You could possibly have him at like 1% when he enrages/crahses and dots could finish him off, but thats very unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by pearroc
    Why bother with mouseover macros when you can get an addon that does it for you and you save macro space?
    Every addon I've seen that converts your spells to mouseovers only does it for a raid frame. If your not lazy and just make your own they will work for EVERYTHING.

Sorry for starting this redundant grid vs healbot discussion again. To each his own. Use whatever you feel comfortable with ;D

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che