Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: 10 minute elems in 3.3 - SCHWEET

bahh 2mincd :'(

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia
    After reading this thread, I could see almost all shamans go for Fire Elemental Glyph (if goes unchanged, doubtful though). Then it brought up another thing I noticed would happen according to the notes. Most DK's go Unholy to where they get Army reduced by 10 minutes. So basically a DK would have Army of the Dead out majority of the time if wanted >_>
    Nope, that won't work.

Death Knight

* Raise Ally now has a 10 min cooldown. (Down from 15 min)
    * Army of the Dead now has a 10 min cooldown. (Down from 20 min)
    * Night of the Dead now reduces the cooldown of Army of the Dead by 2/4 min. (Down from 5/10 min)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha
    Nope, that won't work.

Death Knight

* Raise Ally now has a 10 min cooldown. (Down from 15 min)
    * Army of the Dead now has a 10 min cooldown. (Down from 20 min)
    * Night of the Dead now reduces the cooldown of Army of the Dead by 2/4 min. (Down from 5/10 min)
    Just means that AoD will be used when you pop BL/hero since it'll be off CD for every boss fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear
    bahh 2mincd :'(
    lasts 2 min o_o

PERMA!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic
    "OMFG I spent 7g buying [insert item name] from action house, but it didn't go in my bag!"....

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkGod
    lasts 2 min o_o

PERMA!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's most likely like you have it for 2 mins, when he goes away you will have to w8 2 mins to summon again, you don't expect blizzard making OPnees elementals permanent do you=?
    My Armory

In the begginning there was nothing... Then Chuck Norris Roundhouse kicked that nothing in the face and said: ''Get a job''.
    That is the true story of universe

Quote Originally Posted by Xmile
    It's most likely like you have it for 2 mins, when he goes away you will have to w8 2 mins to summon again, you don't expect blizzard making OPnees elementals permanent do you=?
    you can pop 2nd 2mins after activating 1st soo... OP??

and imo next ptr build:
    Glyph of Fire Elemental Totem
    Reduces the cooldown of your Fire Elemental Totem by 5 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Santiago
    lol, hopefully they forget about the glyph
    Haha,I wish :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xmile
    i actually tried it out on the ptr...it lasts 2 minutes and has a 2 minute cooldown..and it is off cooldown as soon as the other one goes away...so it is kinda perma...does not work great in heroics because it doesn't move with us or have a pet bar...but it was ready for every boss. so it is not a great trash tool but it is an amazing boss tool.

Fix's elemental Shamans one big gripe have to be in range melee of the boss to use our fire dps totems to their fullest extent...if this goes live we will not any longer....i actually go on the ptr every day and try to pug something in case they take it away so i at least got to experience the fun of it before they do.

This work of art was made by Paz.

one more thing to note i know they have not forgot about it i think it was meant...i just don't think they have made up their minds if it will stick...but since there has not been a ton of damage dealing forum QQ i am thinking it will stick they might lower its damage a little .. but i kinda think they did this as an easy fix to the multiple multiple threads elemental shamans have made about having to be casters in melee range to get full benefit of our dps abilities.easier to do than make totems throwable and goes more with our lore.

you can pop 2nd 2mins after activating 1st soo... OP??
    has anyone numbers, comparing magma totem vs fire elemental damage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

They should change the Fire Elemental into a spell, rather than a totem. If this really turns out to be good, It'll piss off your raid for replacing Totem of Wrath each minute. :--D

Make it controlled, like DK ghouls/Frost Elemental. Ty.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley
    has anyone numbers, comparing magma totem vs fire elemental damage?
    i have done some but not actual math just observations since i have used fire totems since ulduar instead of TOW..assuming single target from TOW to fir elemental 11-1400 dps increase from searing to fire Elemental a 7-900 increase increase and from magma to Fire elemental not taking into account the time you have to run up if your in caster range not in mellee a 5-700 increase these are not perfect but these are about what i see on average.

better add in. in my gear before i get a bunch of but yeah you have better gear...but i will say the number only changed by a little between gear levels...which is why i put a big spread between top and bottom.

If the elementals become permanent, i expect a lot of QQ!

But, honestly, it's time for Ele shamans to get a booooooooooooooost!

I can't remember - does the fire elem scale off of the shaman's stats?

If so, I then have to wonder if we might be heading towards using a flask of the frost wyrm, instead of the AP flask, especially if the fire elem's mana doesn't get depleted.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon
    I can't remember - does the fire elem scale off of the shaman's stats?

If so, I then have to wonder if we might be heading towards using a flask of the frost wyrm, instead of the AP flask, especially if the fire elem's mana doesn't get depleted.
    Fire Elemental does scale with gear... but I can't say with what exactly...
    Only thing I know is that he scales with Hit-rating... other than that, no idea :/
    Maybe Spellpower, maybe Itemlevel... one of those should be it.

I hardly used my Fire/Earth Elemental totems before, I doubt I'll use them that much now. I needed my fire totem for ToW, but maybe I can pop my Earth guy more now since there are no good Earth totems for casters.
    When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest castle in all of England.