Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New ptr note, Mocking blow...What just happned?

"Mocking Blow now deals weapon damage if the target is tauntable."

It already deals damage though...
    Does it ONLY deal if it's tauntable now?... And if so why the random Mocking Blow nerf...

Just someone to clarify this for me would be great.

Re: New ptr note, Mocking blow...What just happned?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho
    "Mocking Blow now deals weapon damage if the target is tauntable."

It already deals damage though...
    Does it ONLY deal if it's tauntable now?... And if so why the random Mocking Blow nerf...

Just someone to clarify this for me would be great.
    possibly so people dont feel the need to spam it.

and yes.. it should only deal damage if its tauntable, the paladin version has a similar change.

Hmmm it deals weapon dmg the new post says it does dmg .........now the dmg will be like shield slam or like hamstring :P noone know we will see (it is also under the arms spec warrior hmmmm)

Quote Originally Posted by Campagnolo
    possibly so people dont feel the need to spam it.
    Doesn't it have a CD?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

My guess would be to keep it from being used in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei_Sin
    My guess would be to keep it from being used in PvP.
    It does have a CD, it dealt moderate weapon damage, if it inflicts a set amount and it's a good amount of damage too now I'd be happy personally, however for pvp I didn't hear of it being OP or anything...Which is why it seemed like a random change.

It does seem really random and I think it may just be a tooltip fix, since it already does weapon damage on tauntable targets.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted

Mocking blow already deals no damage on PvP targets, this change is not a real change, more like a tooltip update.

Atleast, mocking blow did no damage in WG the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool
    Mocking blow already deals no damage on PvP targets, this change is not a real change, more like a tooltip update.

That's weird because (some builds ago, and there was no documented change since then) I used it on a friend while dueling him . The damage showed up and he went "lol mockingblow" because he thought it still did 40 damage but it was changed to moderate weapon damage.

I can only assume a PvP burst damage nerf in line with Hand of Reckoning.

It's most likely just a quality of life fix. No big but not much in the way sense.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool

Yeah, tried it on a DK friend of mine on live servers to make sure, all that showed was a "Immune" message with him taking 0 damage. So, it has no real effect on targets in pvp.

It's probably what this guy said, just a tooltip update.

It used to work in pvp, and glyphed it hit pretty hard for a no rage instant. Then they changed it to be only used against npcs, looks like they want to usable vs pets now. Pvp Buff imo.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

I once had a dps warrior pulling the boss off me, I was like wtf my threat is way too high, I found out after the fight ended he used mocking blow a lot ><
    "Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party. I'm sorry, but those skills, entirely missing now in WotLK, are the real signs of skill and ability to tank effectively."

Most useless talent ever. I don't even have it on my keybar :P

In what way is it a pvp-buff? To force pets to attack you?

Accually not so long ago i had a warrior twink lvl 19 doing 380 crit with mocking blow..
    its definitly a pvp nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    It used to work in pvp, and glyphed it hit pretty hard for a no rage instant. Then they changed it to be only used against npcs, looks like they want to usable vs pets now. Pvp Buff imo.
    Pets are tauntable? o.O
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    It works against pets now.

I think they are just clarifying that it doesn't work against players anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by XtreO
    Pets are tauntable? o.O
    Oh hell ya, its how I peeled Fel hounds and Scorpions off my druid so he could steath and drink. Back when Arena is all I did in wow...man things have changed.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

yes they are

if a hunter has its pet on defensive and you taunt or challenging shout it, just before you get hit by freezing trap the pet will break it by attacking
    although smart hunters dont put pets on defensive or aggresive
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Deleted

It's a simple tooltip update, possibly a fix. I know for a fact that sometimes it goes immune on PvP targets, yet some say it still works, so it's possible that it's simply inconsistent and this change fixes that.

Either way, calling this a nerf is just flatout idoitic.