Leveling a tanking or healing toon

I've been wanting to level a class than can both tank and heal and I would duel spec them both. At the moment I don't really need a good dps spec because I already have two other characters to dps on. I am currently deciding on a paladin or a druid; however, i already have a level 25 druid.

If i do manage to go druid, I was thinking about going tank to level till i get tree form because honestly, who wants to heal with a druid in regular form??

Re: Leveling a tanking or healing toon

I think Druids are generally in a little more demand than Paladins when it comes to healing. Paladins are great MT healers but they are not the best raid healers. You can do it effectively it's just easier with a Druid.

That is my advice with my limited experience though maybe somebody can clarify the situation for you.

Pally healing is so good for tank healing sometimes, it's arguably broken, but yes, raid healing is just terrible compared to a druid. Druid healing is a little more fun usually, because you're using more spells, and you've got way more mobility.

Tanking is tanking.. it's a bit more of a pain to gear up a pally at this point because of defense but in the not so distant future that won't matter either and I'm sure they will have homogenized and dumbed-down tanking even further by then.

Alright thanks guys, I think I will continue to level my druid because I just want a unique class to play as i've already played a plate class.