Ideas for paladin's having a short CD interrupt

Does anyone remember at the begining of wrath the glyph that made exorcism interrupt spells for 2-3secs when it was only usable on undead and demons? What blizz should do is bring that glyph back, since it was changed immediately once 3.1 came out when it was usable on anyone including players and soon to be nerfed by not being able to be used on players but just any npc and so forth with all the changes we have seen. I know this is nerfing ret pve damage a little bit, but it's giving ret pvp a short cd interrupt (15sec cd) that can actually be used properly and only if glyphed for it? Just a thought, and any imput on this idea is welcome.

Re: Ideas for paladin's having a short CD interrupt

/facepalm

oh dear lord not this again.

Then i want exorsism on my rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystiç
    Then i want exorsism on my rouge.
    You wear face paint??

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    /facepalm

oh dear lord not this again.
    This.

I would like, an interrupt, yes, but NOT on an ability that is on the GCD, and NOT on an ability that they use to measure my DPS with.

Its the reason why Wind Sheer was made for Shaman and why Earth Shock no longer interrupts.

perhaps it's time to change repentence, 6-10 second cooldown and make it an interupt instead of the crappy piece of crap it is now.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad
    perhaps it's time to change repentence, 6-10 second cooldown and make it an interupt instead of the crappy piece of crap it is now.
    That'd be fine since no one every uses CC in any dungeon anymore.

Personally, I miss the days of H MgT where you HAD to CC mobs and not AE the crap out of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark

Personally, I miss the days of H MgT where you HAD to CC mobs and not AE the crap out of everyone.
    i still use repentence to mess with tanks :P
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark

The most fun i EVER had in mgt was

prot/fury/enhance/ret/holy priest

no cc, 1 shot everything.

MOOOM!! Timmy's got the new game!! I want it tooo!! MOOOOM!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis

+

=
    ???
    EXORCISE IT PURGE THE DEMON!!!111!!1

I just don't get why people think this would solve the problem with Ret. Rets routinely claim that enhance has as good defence as them because it can self heal too. Enhance has a short CD interrupt. Enhance has a short CD snare. Enhance has a gap closer with ghost wolf. Enhance has every toy bar a MS that Ret thinks it wants.

Inspite of all that Enhance is in a worse position in BGs, and has been all expansion. It was better than Ret in Arena for maybe one week this entire expansion before it got hotfixed down.

The solution to Ret isn't to become more like Enhance. It can't be can it?

I guess it will be something like this:

[blizzquote author=ghostcrawler]
    Your Hand of Reckoning now also interrupts spellcasting for the next 3 seconds, and will no longer taunt the target if your health is significantly lower than the one having aggro.
    [/blizzquote]

[blizzquote author=ghostcrawler]
    Your Righteous Defense now also interrupts spellcasting for the next 3 seconds on all targets affected by it, too bad it won't work if you already have aggro.
    [/blizzquote]

Dumb idea and here's why

Stun
    DPS,DPS,DPS,DPS
    Judgement of Not Going Anywhere Fool!
    DPS
    Stun
    DPS,DPS
    Bubble to avoid CC
    maybe heal a lil if you got damaged, DPS,DPS,DPS
    Target is dead

Ret doesn't need an interupt other than their current one from HoJ fro the occasional PVE heal break.

If you're having trouble beating casters its probably you're fault for either being undergeared, bad player, or getting caught unawares in any of which cases you deserve to die.
    "WTF! The lock is ninja'ing all the soul shards!"

I just don't get why people think this would solve the problem with Ret. Rets routinely claim that enhance has as good defence as them because it can self heal too. Enhance has a short CD interrupt. Enhance has a short CD snare. Enhance has a gap closer with ghost wolf. Enhance has every toy bar a MS that Ret thinks it wants.

Inspite of all that Enhance is in a worse position in BGs, and has been all expansion. It was better than Ret in Arena for maybe one week this entire expansion before it got hotfixed down.

The solution to Ret isn't to become more like Enhance. It can't be can it?
    If Blizzard is looking to force ret to be more offensive and less "tanky", what are the other options? They are nerfing one of the biggest advantages to Sacred Shield. The HoT provided by SS was huge. The LoH changes don't impact arena but are just a sign/hint of things to come. Continue to remove our defenses while not bolstering our offenses and BAM!!! TBC all over again.

Defeating an enhance shaman is as simple as surviving their Spirit Wolves. Ret has had the survivability but has had their offense continually nerfed. This allowed ret to eventually wear down a shaman. Take away that survivability and then what? We basically have to be able to go toe to toe with them despite their cooldowns with lesser offensive power.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Halflived
    Stun
    DPS,DPS,DPS,DPS
    Judgement of Not Going Anywhere Fool!
    DPS
    Stun
    DPS,DPS
    Bubble to avoid CC
    maybe heal a lil if you got damaged, DPS,DPS,DPS
    Target is dead

If you're having trouble beating casters its probably you're fault for either being undergeared, bad player, or getting caught unawares in any of which cases you deserve to die.
    When did they add that? and also...frost mages/warlocks say hai

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    If Blizzard is looking to force ret to be more offensive and less "tanky", what are the other
    Honestly I don't know, but I there has to be something. Otherwise we'll just have

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Patch 3.4: Paladin and Shaman have been removed and a new class Shmaladins created. All Paladin and Shaman will now be Shmaladin of the appropriate level.
    Aside from the yiddishisy feel of the name I can't see that as a good outcome

I just think that paladins need something more paladinical to fix them, not just more homogenization.

How about -
    Mirror of Light. X % of the target's heals are reflected away to the caster.

It's not technically a MS effect, it's a mix of offence and defence, it sort of feels paladin.

I agree that Rets need some more offence to balance the defence that is slowly being taken away. I'd just rather not see it lifted straight out of the enhance toolbox, the two specs are too similar already.

Re: Ideas for paladin\'s having a short CD interrupt

Beat to death ideas are beat to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

There are so many ret paladins who think the way rets have been in 3.0 on is the way they have always been. Its seriously disgusting. All of these flavor of the month belf rerollers are now always crying because they have been getting nerfed so they cant 3 shot people anymore, or insanely top the dps meters

All of you guys ask for abilities from every other class to make your class even more powerful than it already is:

i want another interrupt, on a short cd no less and also OFF the gcd
    i want a gap closer
    i want an mortal strike.

RETS ARE POSSIBLY THE SINGLE MOST POWERFUL CLASS SPEC IN THE GAME

I have rolled over countless people who have ganked me leveling, during bgs, world pvp and arenas. Im not saying its a l2p issue, but holy guacamole. Rets are not hard to play and they own face very very easily.

now paladins are getting something else nerfed or balanced out and now its more qq that you want more Offensive Ability? Are you kidding me? You want to kill things faster than you can already. You might aswell stop asking for a interrupt and start asking for a one-shot button. It would be moreless the same

You guys basically cant handle playing an mmo, go play a single player game where u can steamroll npcs, because thats what you are asking for.

15+ Year Old Account

Honestly I don't know, but I there has to be something. Otherwise we'll just have

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Patch 3.4: Paladin and Shaman have been removed and a new class Shmaladins created. All Paladin and Shaman will now be Shmaladin of the appropriate level.
    Aside from the yiddishisy feel of the name I can't see that as a good outcome

I just think that paladins need something more paladinical to fix them, not just more homogenization.

How about -
    Mirror of Light. X % of the target's heals are reflected away to the caster.

It's not technically a MS effect, it's a mix of offence and defence, it sort of feels paladin.

I agree that Rets need some more offence to balance the defence that is slowly being taken away. I'd just rather not see it lifted straight out of the enhance toolbox, the two specs are too similar already.
    Its an alright idea- it still "reduces" healing but instead redirects it. Something like this might be more balanced though:

Mirror of Truth Rank 1
    8% of base mana 15 yd range
    Instant cast 20 sec cooldown
    Adjudicates the target, reducing all healing caused by the target by 30% for 10 seconds and causing 50% of any healing spell to also heal the paladin. The healing caused by Mirror of Truth will not exceed 50% of the Paladin's total health.

Basically, if Priest X casts Greater Heal (which heals for 8000 normally), the amount healed by the spell is reduced by 30%, down to 5600. The Paladin is them healed for 50% of the remaining amount, which is 2800.

In all seriousness though, I personally think we'd be fine with just an interrupt. If we need an MS in any form, it is for Periodic Healing only.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    wat
    Yeah, made me laugh too.