Seal choice for Anub 25 HM

So after the long debates that we had a couple weeks ago about the use of seals on Anub'arak in ToGC25, I am confessing to changing my mind.

Initially, I was simply using Seal of Corruption because we were having difficulties pushing Anub under 30% prior to his third submerge. Having made a few changes to how we DPS this fight, the 30% barrier is no longer an issue. The DPS on the adds in p3 has somewhat become an issue now.

As of our kill last week, I am now using Seal of Corruption to build my stack on Anub at the beginning of the fight. Once the adds come out, I start twisting between Command and Corruption to maximize DPS on the adds while still maintaining my stack on Anub for better DPS once the adds go down.

Healing during phases 1 and 2 is very light and as such, our healers are assisting with DPSing the adds during p1 and p2. Once we get to p3 and all of the healer's GCDs become priceless, add DPS drops off noticeably. Our warlocks were running into mana issues in this phase as well and their add DPS is far less than it was earlier on in the fight because they can't Life Tap in p3.

TLR, I am now twisting Corruption and Command for p1, using Command on p2, and only using Command on p3 to maximize DPS on the adds. This seemed to work out the best for our guild, and I will probablly continue to use this method until the DPS on the adds is no longer an issue. While screwing my overall DPS and my boss DPS, I was still able to pull off a respectable 8131 DPS despite dying when Anub hit 2.1%. I was the first in the raid to die.

Just wanted to fess up that I changed my mind on how I am approaching this fight now.

<Warfare>US HM25 Anub'arak

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Seal choice for Anub 25 HM

YOU SONUVABITCH!!

Actually, I'm just playing. As my guild will never get to Anub 25 HM, I had nothing constructive to comment on, so I went that.

Nice wep too.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    YOU SONUVABITCH!!

Actually, I'm just playing. As my guild will never get to Anub 25 HM, I had nothing constructive to comment on, so I went that.

Nice wep too.
    Last night was pretty damn expensive. We had server issues, go figure Frostwolf, so we did regular TotC25 first. The ilvl 245 version of Dual-blade Butcher dropped and I won the bid because our 2 warriors both have a pair and our DK has one as well. Then we did the first three bosses of heroic. The ilvl 258 version of DBB dropped and I won that too.

The really shitty part is that I enchanted and gemmed the regular version right before winning the heroic version. 900g out the window not counting me needing to regem my chestpiece because of the weapon upgrade.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Yeah, your seal choice on that fight is all bout how your guild does it, if they have lots of other aoe corruption for more boss dps is best, if the adds have trouble dying command for all those smexy cleaves.

But yes, you have to watch out on anub, i was the first to die on almost all of our kills, command hitting things up to 10 yards away no matter if the warrior has aggro or not blows. Almost lost our insanity kill there because i was helping heal the first tick of penetrating cold on one target, and of course when i die its a tank healer. Luckily he was at 2% so only 5 or so ppl died before he did o_O

Stick with SoV or.. how u would call it.. SoCor and focus dps on Anub. I maintain this way 9k dps, do really decent AE dmg and actually have full use of my libram. I kinda consider it a waste of gcd to sealswitch @ Anub. I don't know how ur casters etc deal AE dmg but I can easily max dps the boss without having any problem with the adds. Ofc does FCFS not really work there. Focus on Ds and consecration. Should be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay09
    Stick with SoV or.. how u would call it.. SoCor and focus dps on Anub. I maintain this way 9k dps, do really decent AE dmg and actually have full use of my libram. I kinda consider it a waste of gcd to sealswitch @ Anub. I don't know how ur casters etc deal AE dmg but I can easily max dps the boss without having any problem with the adds. Ofc does FCFS not really work there. Focus on Ds and consecration. Should be just fine.
    You are providing this recommendation as someone who regularly downs Anub 25 Heroic every week?

EDIT: So I just looked up your armory. It appears you are in the exact same boat that I was when I was saying that exact same thing as you are saying now. After wiping on Anub a few hundred times and messing with SoComm/SoCorr twisting, it got a whole lot easier. As my guild started to regularly push deep into p3, I found that my AoE DPS was far more valuable then my single target DPS on Anub. Someone has to kill those adds and the DPS source may very well differ as you go deeper into p3.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    You are providing this recommendation as someone who regularly downs Anub 25 Heroic every week?
    I do believe hes just randomly spouting what he wants to. But then again, he could be in a guild that has 3-4 fury warriors and rogues so he doesnt every have to worry about killing the adds before the 2nd set spawns or the 2nd shadow strike.

I've just found command to be too useful not to take anymore, nothing I really gain from dropping it and if i do drop it cant use it on trash and anub to help speed things up. I remember back in 2.4 where all you did was CS, Judge, and reseal with a couple consecrations having the ability to switch tools to be better during certian fights is amazing. Thats the reason i cant wait for the 2 hand mace from tribute chest, expertise capped without glyph of SOV ftw, being able to change to exorcism for more dps or divine storm for more healing(especially with the t10 set bonus) sounds great.