Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Introducing the Pet Store

ITT: 14 year olds with no understand of economics.

and a strange hatred for charities.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sargeras&n=Beargarden

15+ Year Old Account

Bought the monk only because of 50% going to charity (should be 100% cheap bastards). Won't be buying KT though. Don't even want to know how much money they made on faction changes alone last week, now they introduce "the pet store."

They should've released dance studio instead, lol.

Or I could go with the usual elitist response of "WHY ARE THEY WASTING TIME ON THIS WHEN THEY COULD BE WORKING ON NEW RAID CONTENT?!?!?!!"

But seriously, I think the whole donation thing is to soften the blow of a blatant money grab. But you can't really complain since money is going to charity.

Gundrak, Oceanic PvP

Hey guys I made a $5 donation to charity today and a $5 donation to the development of a game that I spend too much time playing! The pandaren is win/win, I don't want it for my collection. I want it because it is a breakthrough in charitable actions. Kudos Blizzard, Dare I say it, This was a really really good idea.

I hope the kid that gets to go to Disney World in small part thanks to my $5 donation has the time of his life.

Everybody is acting like they're forcing you to buy these completely useless items. It's not like this is adding a way to cheat, like the games you can pay for gear in. It's a cosmetic item. Get over it, you don't have to have it.
    I don't really remember much whining when they added the TCG, where you're essentially paying for the *chance* to get a cool, useless item.

And, while the money to charity is mostly an incentive, it is still going to charity. You're still helping by giving it. And 50% is A LOT for a corporation to give away.

They wouldn't add a gear store; that would upset too many people, and would prevent a lot of people from joining.
    Let's Hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by hurrrr
    ITT: 14 year olds with no understand of economics.

and a strange hatred for charities.
    Very very strange. Make a Wish Foundation is one of the coolest and best charities out there, right alongside cancer research institutes.

seriuously, who think the pet cost them 50% of 10$ ?
    they may be give 90-100% to charity, 50% sounds like a excuse to make money for me :/

15+ Year Old Account

I saw this coming a long ways before now. First with paid transfers, paid name changes, gender changes, faction changes, & race changes (class changes soon). Now, a "non-combat pet store" where you buy in-game pets. This is the beginning. I predict within a year or so they'll introduce buying mounts, titles, tabards, guild name changes, etc. Then eventually they'll introduce buying gear, crafting mats, and probably "premade leveled" characters (if you pay extra the character will come with a set of gear). Buying gold from the Blizzard store might come about one day also.

It's called forecasting trends, and it's easy to do. Just put $$$ as their main motivator.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

I don't care what anyone says. The pandaren pet is badass. He /bows and /drinks with you on command also. Although Lil. K.T. is kinda worthless. He does nothing but randomly spin his head.

Yes I bought both, but it is only $20, $5 of it going to charity. Yes it is going to charity, we already know Blizz works with Make-a-Wish. Ephoenix anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Wunderbarr
    Everybody is acting like they're forcing you to buy these completely useless items. It's not like this is adding a way to cheat, like the games you can pay for gear in. It's a cosmetic item. Get over it, you don't have to have it.
    I don't really remember much whining when they added the TCG, where you're essentially paying for the *chance* to get a cool, useless item.

And, while the money to charity is mostly an incentive, it is still going to charity. You're still helping by giving it. And 50% is A LOT for a corporation to give away.

They wouldn't add a gear store; that would upset too many people, and would prevent a lot of people from joining.

see?

back in the day:

WOW:
    you paid montly and everything else you would get it by playing, the concept was that you pay and depending on effort that is what you get.

FREE MMOs:
    you pay me nothing, only if you wanna be part of the cool kids you will have to pay to get cool items.

today:

WOW:
    pay me montly and I want more money, so if you wanna be a cool kid you will have to pay real money to us.

FREE MMOs:
    stay the same, pretty much like WOW, but without montly charges.

I just think WOW is getting way too greedy, but whatever.
    :'( kills me that WOW is not and will never be the same, never again.

what a rip off!
    The Pandaren coast 10$ = 6,5 Euro. Thats only available with Credit Cards.
    If you purchuse it in Eruope you will pay 10 Euro!!

thats = Rip off!

Should be 100% to charity, disgusting move by Blizzard.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske
    Yes I bought both, but it is only $20, $10 of it going to charity. Yes it is going to charity, we already know Blizz works with Make-a-Wish. Ephoenix anyone?
    I am happy that you bought both but only the Pandaren pet gives 50% to charity. So you only gave $5 to Make a Wish. But, that is $5 they did not have before, so I thank you. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by therightoforange
    I am happy that you bought both but only the Pandaren pet gives 50% to charity. So you only gave $5 to Make a Wish. But, that is $5 they did not have before, so I thank you. :-)
    ^
    THis is so dirty , Blizzard sending people to this forum to look good.

what's next?

Quote Originally Posted by raiden55
    seriuously, who think the pet cost them 50% of 10$ ?
    they may be give 90-100% to charity, 50% sounds like a excuse to make money for me :/
    It's a service where they give you an item in exchange for money.
    There is no other purpose than to make money. Video games are a BUSINESS.
    If they didn't offer 50% to charity, people wouldn't be like "they should give some to charity!", but if they do offer 50% of it to charity people are like "give more!"
    Just be happy they're giving 50%, whereas most big business charities offer 1% and then brag that they give. It's an amazing cause.
    Let's Hospital.

I'd buy the pet, maybe both.. but i can't.
    Blizz store only accept credit cards. Crap
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

Pandaren Monk ftw

Blizzard is now taking virtual items to serious.... more profit doesn't make wow become better right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugus
    I work as a volunteer 4 days/week in a hospital to entertain and/or help children (2-5 years old) who had bad luck with cancer fight. Trust me, seeing a company such as Blizzard hiding a commercial action behind the concept of "charity" is just offensive. I find it offensive, for what I define "charity" and "helping less fortunate people".
    This is just dumb. How are blizzard hiding it? Find just one person who cant see that this is "commercial action".

Everyone understands it. Its not that hard.

Nothing is hidden. But do wish blizzard had your special superpowers to figth crime, save kittens and make up stupid shiat on the interwebz.

The world would be a better place, if they keept all the money ...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet
    Oh lol pet store, what next? Mount store?
    Probably...

Some of those kick ass pets that were found by this site a few weeks back are likely to be next on the Pet Store...

Those being the Corehound Pup,Wyvern Cub,Gryphon Hatchling, and the Toxic Wasteling...

It would make sense if they were all always contributing to charity, but no... seems like Blizz definitely learned from the Arena Tournament and Blizzcon Internet Stream... people will pay through the nose to get mini pets and other collectibles...

IMO they should have left the mini pets for real money thing to the TCG...

10+ Year Old Account

I really don't see what everyone is getting their panties in a bunch over. Yeah, it's a vanity pet for $10. Don't like the price? Don't buy it. No one is forcing you to buy it.

The charity aspect? It's the start of the holiday season. Everyone and their grandmother is doing donations to various charities. And as others have said already, 50% of $10 as a donation is better than what most companies do.

I don't know. Maybe this doesn't phase me because of a previous MMO I played. Before playing WoW, I played Maple Story (lol, I know). Now *THAT* is a company that tries to milk you for every cent you have. You wanna participate in x-holiday's event? Charge at least $5 to get something from the "cash shop". You wanna get *anywhere* in the game? Charge money IRL for virtual currency to buy stuff that expires in 90 days (or less, in some cases). At least these pets are *permanent*.

Tl;dr - Stop getting your panties in a knot over stuff you aren't being forced to buy.