Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ...

Re: Introducing the Pet Store

Quote Originally Posted by Ceridith

What I am concerned about is the impact these things have on not only the game, but every single game Blizzard develops in the future. When Blizzard realizes they can A) give out vanity pets for free and have everyone happy, or B) charge $10 a pop to a handful of people who apparently have too much money and too little sense, why would Blizzard keep providing the playerbase with "free" (paid for by our boxed game sale and monthly subscription) content?

So where does it stop?
    This is a valid concern.

My point is... They can only get away with charging $10 for this because some people value in-game vanity. It's one of the biggest motivating factors for some people. Getting $10 for each of these pets relies on the idea that the game you buy them for is worth $15 a month to play. Nobody is going to buy these pets unless the subscribe to the game. People who buy these pets are motivated by vanity and need in-game motivators to make the pets worth buying.

The value of any RMT is proportional to the value of similar rewards obtained in game. Without a steady supply or new rewards offered in-game, the RMT rewards are worthless.

The person who pays $10 for these falls into two categories:

- The person who feels similar rewards in-game take more than $10 worth of effort to obtain.

- The person who is motivated by vanity items enough to spend $10 on one, meaning that that's probably also a big part of what they pay their $15 a month for.

With this in mind, Blizzard CAN'T stop producing vanity rewards in game and expect the RMT items to sell. The success of the two are linked. If anything, they would introduce a LOT MORE vanity items in game and make them obscenely hard to get to drive up the perceived value of RMT items.

What the F*ck is with people saying " the pandaren pet helps charity so i shall buy it!!!!"
    "Cause it feels good to help charity". (hur dur)

If charity was such a big deal to them then why would they not give your WHOLE 10$ instead of half($5) of it.

People are so ignorant.

Just another folly way for blizz to make money.
    The charity part is just a sad way to cover there never ending greed.

Quote Originally Posted by roflpot
    Just an FYI

I cancelled my account because of this.

I'll probably resub for one month between now and Cata just to see what ICC is like.

But genuinely I have cancelled my account with the Pet Store as the primary reason.

I hope I'm not the only person to do this, I just wonder, will the money they make from retards buying vanity pets make up for the loss of subscriptions from people like me? I hope it doesn't.
    Yep. It's a great service.

any of you who were in doubt if blizzard is ripping off EU (and GB) players ... their latest move makes an end to your doubts:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/11483...-regional.html

no more buying pets for $10 in non-US regions, people have to start paying €10/£9 real soon.

The only way I can see this move by Blizz is just a chance to show to stockholders that the company is still growing and earning more money. Subscriptions have slowed and probably stopped at this point, and the overheads in transferring WoW China from one company to the other has probably cut into profits this financial year. Since the Charity pet is for two months only, Blizz is hoping initial interest will allow them just enough money goes to Charity tax offset without losing out on too much profit.

I am a pet collector in the game, I currently have 97 pets, and never buy the TCG pets because of the achievement and challenge is taken away. Now that WoW has a pet store, it's completely taken away my drive to collect pets. Since Blizz says more and more pets will be offered in the future.

If I want to keep collecting pets I'll probably be spending $100 on top of my subscription by the end of the next year. Sure these pets are cheaper than the card game ones, but if they were really against expensive pets, they would allow TCG pets for $10 in the shop originally. Now instead of good looking pets, the next patch for non-microtransaction customers will be just reskins of 4 year old pets. Yay.

This also worries me that there will be a slippery slope, pets now, then cool looking mounts, then vanity items, then what? Potions? Entry Level LVL200 items? Whatever Blizz thinks they can get away with without losing large amounts of customers in an influx, they will do. Maybe the change will be so gradual people won't even notice until you find you're buying Emblems of the Black Dragon for $10 next year.

People have made comments that the content patches in WOTLK have been lazily done and lacklaster, and finally there are non reskin pets in the game and they are charging for them? How about you do more for the game I AM PAYING FOR instead of spending most of the money I am paying you on development of DIABLO 3?

Some people will say "Just leave if you hate the pet store." But if a lot of your friends are in the game and you enjoy other parts of the game, it just seems crazy to just leave because of this one thing. So what do you do? You let the makers of the game that you like know your displeasure.

Anyone that excuses this due to charity for one month of the sales is just a Blizz fanboy in my eyes. You wanted the pet and the charity thing makes the $10 acceptable in your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by roflpot
    Just an FYI

I cancelled my account because of this.

I'll probably resub for one month between now and Cata just to see what ICC is like.

But genuinely I have cancelled my account with the Pet Store as the primary reason.

I hope I'm not the only person to do this, I just wonder, will the money they make from retards buying vanity pets make up for the loss of subscriptions from people like me? I hope it doesn't.
    Congratu fucking lations, no one cares if you quit your game or fisted your anus with a elefant... do you want a medal for caring about others money? i personally bought the pet, you wrote just before that you donate 15$ a month to charity, but you cant spare 5$ for the panda which goes to a great cause IMO.. i see how hard it is for you to accept that other people might be richer than you are but thats just how the world is ...

/Care about your quit
    and yes i said it.... ELEFANT

I do like the idea of donating 50% of the Panderan monks profit to charity BUT why only the Panderan? why not donate the KT profit 50% too? w/e...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectro
    And what the mods are trying to say is not that every music is full of unicorns and sparkles and flying chewbaccas... they are trying to tell you that no matter what someone listens to you should respect their tastes
    Quote Originally Posted by Naux
    you're retarded...seriously I don't even think you're trolling it's that bad.

Dinneredit: Don't mind me!

wholesales

Deleted by Moderator

Dinneredit: Spam removed.

Dinneredit: Spam removed.

I'm against ingame stuff for real money... But somehow i feel That it's okay since you donate 50% for the money!
    Rorre the erroR

To those saying that these pets are worthless.

Well, in all reality your entire gaming lives are completely worthless, they are, they sell you graphics and gameplay that are really only bits of code, same as this monk, some people like playing Sports Sims, others play MMO's but they are all the same, bits of code projected onto your Screen/Monitor.

Simple really, it's all worthless garbage that you're supporting with your money. Now as far as the Monk and KT goes they are exactly the same, little bits of entertainment that Blizzard are marketing, they aren't selling the best items in the game for cash and they have said they never will. These things don't really affect gameplay they just look nice and do a few silly things.

All the same part of worthless as your usual parts of WoW, Madden, Call of Duty or whatever you want to play. Yet you still give money to games developers, I wonder why, perhaps the Entertainment value you get form these things makes it worth it for you? And maybe you don't find the Monk and KT entertaining, or you do but you don't want or can't spend money on them leading to a little green eyed monster called Jelousy raising it's head and spitting at those who can afford and enjoy them perhaps? I don't know, that's your issue to sort out.

Lets take this outside WoW, Movies are pretty worthless, as is music, these are all things people write and then project but they don't really add any value to life, imagine giving the latest Batman DVD to someone in a famine stricken region of africa, would it improve their lives?

Yet you keep supporting these evil industries....

Charity? It's a nice gesture but if I decide to buy these pets it wont be becuase of the charity, I already give to my chosen charity.

There are some really daft arguments in this thread.

Put simply, if you want the pets buy them, if not don't, don't pretend it infuriates you because of something you imagine Blizzard might do in the future, of course voice your opinions but don't invent scenarios just to inflict your jelous rage on everyone else.

15+ Year Old Account

Even in EU only credit card payment .. lol what a nubstore.

Wanted to buy the kelthuzad pet, also for the good cause, they only accept visa,mastercard etc :S

Give me ideal or paypal payment, i mean why all those out-of date payment methods ...
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Post deleted

So, how many people actually unsubbed forever because of this?