restokin or pure resto for pvp?

seen a few builds wasnt sure what is restokin can do in pvp? is pure resto better?
    and whats a good restokin spec if that is better

Re: restokin or pure resto for pvp?

experience tells me this isnt the right place to be looking for the answers to this stuff... i've asked before and got no sensible answers...

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

In BGs, doesnt matter imo,
    In arenas, 2v2 - restokin is better from what i can tell but depends on your partner...
    3v3 - deep resto all the way
    5v5 - i dunno really

I barely pvp anymore, but i'd say restokin is very well respected. Deffinately in the 2v2 bracket, 3v3 i'd say its viable, 5v5 you'd have to go deep Resto to stand a chance, purley for WG, in 2v2 its pretty useless and 3v3 again, in my eyes would still not be worth it.

But looking at the build, providing you dont go further than 1 point in IS in the balance tree. Then you dont actually lose that much from the resto tree. Obviously you lose WG, but that a given.

Again i may get flamed for being a not technically knowing what i'm talking about. But just do what i usually do. Walk around dala for 5 minutes, find a PVP Resto and check there spec. The majority i see use Restokin, i dont actually know any in the 5v5 bracket to offer an opinion.

Restokin has been a dead spec since the last few seasons. The hybrid balance spec goes only 24 points into balance for lunar guidance and insect swarm, while placing the other 47 in resto to pick up improved barkskin.

Full resto picks up Nature's reach and natures splendor in the balance tree while picking up most of the top tier talents in resto.

Restokin is bad because we dont get the additional armor multiplier that we so desperatly need in caster form from the higher tiers of the resto tree. The second a rogue catches you in caster, you WILL die. It was only viable because health pools were large enough to act as a buffer to burst, as well as the fact that druids didnt need to be full resto and could hybridize their builds for offensive pressure and mana efficiency.

Further more, as the ammount of dmg and healing is what it is, restokins ability to do deasnt healing and deasent damage does not hold value any more. Its one or the other. Restokin can not out heal a deasent burst and it cant out dps/supress a deasent heal :/ ( i know we are not supposed to solo out dps healing, but you get what i mean )

It might work just and just with a really high survivability partner, but eaven then, you would brobably be better of with healing OR dmg. Besides, its not like resto cant do dmg or balance heal if need be

Try it out, see how it feels. If something, its much easyer to use in 1vs1 than balance is

Few sample specs:
    More Resto
    More Balance

Khad
    Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.

This is my 2s specc... I play with MS warr...

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...G,-tN3RH,10747

Its offensive specc... u have more spell power , insect swarm , more moonfire dmg/crit , 5% stronger dot/hot , imp duration of ur hots/dots , more crit on wrath/nourish , mana cost reduce , imp range for balance spells and FF , reduce cast time of starfire/wrath...

Prolly all druids on 2200+ in 2s plays with this specc

Quote Originally Posted by Joshke
    This is my 2s specc... I play with MS warr...

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...G,-tN3RH,10747

Its offensive specc... u have more spell power , insect swarm , more moonfire dmg/crit , 5% stronger dot/hot , imp duration of ur hots/dots , more crit on wrath/nourish , mana cost reduce , imp range for balance spells and FF , reduce cast time of starfire/wrath...

Prolly all druids on 2200+ in 2s plays with this specc

indeed its a great and exciting spec in that you get to provide alot of support for your partner.since you sacrifice some healing talents, most have often recommended taking this spec after a hitting a certain amount of healing power , i think btwn 1900-2k should be okay .Takes alot of getting useds to since your main priority is healing but also secondary to that is maintaining dots on the dps.
    I played a prot/holy pally with a warrior previously so i enjoyed this offensive spec, might use the moonfire and IS glyph if i'm confident in my healing , have yet to try that yet but is something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelf
    In BGs, doesnt matter imo,
    In arenas, 2v2 - restokin is better from what i can tell but depends on your partner...
    3v3 - deep resto all the way
    5v5 - i dunno really
    I believe this is pretty accurate, though it might be situational in 3v3, you probably won't have any GCDs to spend doing damage anyway so the deep resto is most likely better. So to answer you, it all depends what you are looking to get out of the spec.

Personally I like speccing "restokin" even for BG/WG or whatever, because if I get caught in a 1v1 I can take down some people depending on class/spec/skill. Instead of sitting in tree letting someone beat on you till you oom, you can try to kite and fight back. Feels great when you get people to run away or use CDs or even manage to get the kill. Some of my most satisfying moments have come from people thinking I'm a free HK and instead I kill them with some MF IS DoTs.