Complete retard requesting general Fury DPS help

Hey there. Long time visitor, just joined forums today.

First and foremost, here's my armory.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Lothar&n=Koojo

I know a lot of it is unenchanted at the moment because I've gotten quite a few upgrades in the past week or so and haven't remembered to enchant them. I'll take care of it. I also know that I have the biggest scrub OH ever. I'm working to replace that with another Edge of Ruin, and hopefully that Banner of Victory from reg TOC. I haven't been able to raid much except for an Onyxia here or a VoA there, school is hectic.

One major problem I have is that my hit is so ridiculously high. I don't understand. People tell me I only need like 200 hit rating, some say 160. I altogether don't understand hit rating. I'm a scrub. I'm gemmed for STR, as you can see. I know I should get more expertise, and a hell of a lot of ArP.

Thats pretty much what I know, but mostly I need someone much more experienced than I to tell me specifically what I should be gemming for, enchants I definately want, and what raids I might want to hit up. I'm not in a guild, I pretty much pug everything, because every guild I've been in has just taken their core group and left me to level my alt. So I hate guilds.

I'm much better as Arms but Fury has been looking appealing to me since Titans Grip in WOTLK beta. I pull about 3.3k in 10-mans and maybe 3.5k in 25-mans as Arms. Fury, however, I do an embarassing 2k on a target dummy. My rotation as Fury is BT, WW, Slam proc if it procs, Execute, Heroic Strike spam. So basically I'm looking to improve myself as Fury DPS.

Be gentle

Re: Complete retard requesting general Fury DPS help

First of all dummies are shit for testing on.
    I'd suggest dropping Hit (264 at lowest) and picking up some Str/Crit.
    (As Arms you want 264, and as Fury you want 164 due to Precision)
    Switch meta gem to +21 Agi and use a Nightmare Tear to activate it.
    I see you're 450 JC but not using any of the exclusive gems, do that.
    Use the real Helm/Shoulder enchants too, will give you some Crit.
    Enchants on Chest (+8/10 Stats, your choice) and Gloves (+44 AP).
    I haven't been Arms in a while but you might want the Execute glyph.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

15+ Year Old Account

Soft hit cap is 164. I run 170, and I literally am never missed. Whites that is, it's too small of an amount to even notice unless your looking at your stats in recount. Like 3-5 a fight. Nothing to worry about tbh.
    You personally need to gem for strength. STR STR STR. Not until you get a good amount of ArP on your gear will you gem for ArP.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns
    Soft hit cap is 164. I run 170, and I literally am never missed. Whites that is, it's too small of an amount to even notice unless your looking at your stats in recount. Like 3-5 a fight. Nothing to worry about tbh.
    You personally need to gem for strength. STR STR STR. Not until you get a good amount of ArP on your gear will you gem for ArP.
    I think you got white and yellow mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad
    shhh.... maybe hes colorblind... you might have just hurt his feelings :P
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob
    shhh.... maybe hes colorblind... you might have just hurt his feelings :P
    :-\

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad
    Uh, no? Yellow - special, white - melee swing.
    How is that hard for you to comprehend? I'm saying I get no special attacks missed, and very few whites missed.
    Please explain what you are confused about.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Most of the hit comes from my gear's stats. Do I just need to keep raiding and getting better gear basically?

Quote Originally Posted by koojo
    Most of the hit comes from my gear's stats. Do I just need to keep raiding and getting better gear basically?
    Yeah that's about it.

About your rotation, the thing about fury that distinguish good fury warriors from bad ones is that you have to have absolute control over your rage. It's about doing as much heroic strikes as possible without EVER get ragestarved so you cant use bt/ww when it's of cd.
    And to know when you have time to press slam without delaying your bt/ww that's about to come of cd.

And about execute, at your gear level you can't be using execute that frequently since your rage really will drain fast as hell. So use it only when you'r sure you won't get starved.

I can't see your armory at the moment for some reason but stack as much STR as possible whilst keeping hit&expertise softcap. Don't worry about ArP for the moment. If you get your hand on a Grim toll/Mojin runestone(I assume you don't have one) you should try to reach the ArP softcap. Witch is about 53% with MJ and 56~ with GT, can't remember the excact amount but there is probably some thread on the first page regarding ArP.

Good luck