Ele pvp what to do against rogues

So I don't really do arena yet as ele pvp, just bgs for awhile..

I love ele pvp in bgs..it's so beast..until you have a melee on you..

So far I fare decently versus pallies and warriors..even enhance (w/o wolves), but by FAR the worst melee encounter I have seen is vs a rogue.

I have a 73 rogue, spent lots of time on him in BC doing arena, so I know a bit about the class...just wondering....what if any tips do you have to handle rogues in arena/bgs? Techniques etc....

I use the fire nova totem/earthbind etc but it seems like they have too many cds to blow thru and eat me alive..I know blizz is getting rid of arpen etc...that might help...but again..what gives?

Any tips are appreciated...or flame me..w/e..

Fyi

766 resil
    around 21k health
    24% crit (plus ToW)
    only 111 haste (working on it)
    2522 SP w/ TOW
    low hit (working on it) and low spell pen (ditto)
    85 druid | 85 priest | 85 mage | 85 warrior | 80 rogue | 80 Death Knight | 80 Shaman

Re: Ele pvp what to do against rogues

From my experience (take this with a grain of salt), Shaman are very weak to being stun locked. Since blizz is getting rid of our abilities to break Rogues out of stealth (magma and earthbind), its difficult to get around them. The best thing I could tell you is to trinket out of their first stunlock, thunderstorm, flame shock on them so they can't stealth and then try to slow them with frost shock.

I don't do much arena at all, but this is just a few comments.

Oh, forgot to mention

What are your (or anybodies) thoughts on haste...

I have read forum posts where people praise the benefit of haste as ele pvp.. However, I was on warcraftmovies.com today, watching vids off a shaman named minutemade who has made it to 2700+ (2v2 w/ rogue), but he has literallly 0 haste as ele pvp........thoughts? In the video..he's literallly just taking the dmg and healing during a warriors bladestorm....w/ over 1k resil...maybe I just need more resil...?
    85 druid | 85 priest | 85 mage | 85 warrior | 80 rogue | 80 Death Knight | 80 Shaman

That could be it. Resisliance makes a HUGE difference. I always played along the line of "don't go out of your way to stack haste, its fine on gear, but don't give up other stats for it". This only works though if your playstyle is not to stack haste. You could try both ways and see which way you like better.

What I usually do when I get opened up by a rogue is the following:

1. Panic
    2. Panic some more
    3. Attempt to call my mommy
    4. Ask the wow gods why me
    5. Proceed to dye my crotch yellow
    6. press "Release"

But on a more serious note, if it looks like i might get out of cheapshot with more than 50% HP, i'll just eat the cheapshot and trinket the kidney. If not, i sometimes trinket the cheapshot after I thunderstorm, then frost shock and earthbind.

But usually they'll just CoS and i'll be seriously screwed

We have plenty of survivability against rogues...its just a matter of the situation. Astral Shift helps a ton when ur stunned. Also the addition of the Stoneclaw Totem Glyph also makes a huge difference. If u think there is a rogue around just dont automatically think u have to Thunderstorm, cause its just a waste. Pretty much u have to give the rogue the opening and then not panic. Usuallly what I do if a Rogue gets the drop on me is let him get his inital attack after the kidney shot. Then I trinket and Thunderstorm him away. Then quickly removes the poison/s on me and while running hit him with a flame shock. When he gets too close drop ur Earthbind Totem so he gets rooted. Get off a Lava Burst and maybe a Chain Lightning, if ur far enough away, then immediatley hit him with frost shock and begin the kiting. Once u see the rogue use Cloak of Shadows pop insta Ghost Wolf and pretty much evade. Use any LoS u can till CoS is gone. Then drop EbT again and rinse and repeat. Most of the time this works for me, then there are times where the guy playin the rogue just knows his shit too well and the outcome isnt as favorable. Just try to remember that if its 1v1 u always have to put distance between u and a melee no matter what. It took me 30 min the other day to beat a pally in a deul outside of org mainly because he hit like a freakin truck and i kept running and snaring him. I hope this helps some. O and about the haste vs crit, to me if ur in a good arena team with 3 dps that can pump out a shit ton of dps, the only haste u need is BL/Hero. I don't have any haste on my at all mainly because that initial burst all u wanna see are crits. I love hitting someone for 13k lava burst then a 6.5k chain lightning.

Actually... with resilience.. the most my lava bursts have been hitting for is 6k, maybe 7k...

I disagree with trinketting the initial kidney shot; that leaves you completely open for them to blind you, bandage/eat and stunlock you again.

My way of doing it ( i beat 80% of rogues 1v1) give them the cheap shot, thunderstorm on the kidney shot to negate it slightlly as they spent a few second of the sun running at you. Directlly after i drop stoneclaw followed by earthbind and fire nova totem, move back just out of range of mele (flame shock while you move) and get a lava burst off, fake cast a lightening bolt to get rid of the rogues kick and hit him with a CL. If the rogue pops clock at this point as he probablly will then just heal yourself tbh. Drop fire nova in time to stun him the second that cloak of shadows wears off and get another lava burst on him, after this you can frost shock kite with ghost wolf if you want too ( that's what i did when i had crap gear, now I have 1200 resil ). Its pretty simple from there anyway, if he pops trinket at any time capitalise on it and stun him, dispel yourself, hex him and heal up to at least 80% before breaking the hex with a lava burst; chances are he will blind you at this point and you can happilly trinket and finish him off ( he will be completely demotivated by this time so it's all good)

What you do is sit back and watch your health drain away... and then look over at the guy next to you and take your anger out on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Augury View Post
    I see you trollin
    round town with that class i love
    and im like haiku

Its hard to say what to do, depending how good rogue is.

few note's you might want to keep in mind:
    -never ever be dismounted without cleansing totem (buys a lil more time)
    -keep your insignia till last moment (not 1st stun effect) let them stack a lil
    -once free pop thunderstorm and earthbind. Will buy a lil more time, if timed right they are rooted away from you and slowed for ... <depending on rogue's cd's and quality>
    -safe elemastery for these moments. shock and insta hit him
    -lil hex if you are fast enough might help.
    -dont cast big heals
    -pray no other is near to help the rogue
    -pray you crit a lot
    -glyph stoneclaw shield
    -use fire nova stun

Its bit hard to say, Im only ele in AV/IoC and enhanc in all other (way more 1on1 back ups) bit this is what I try when 1vs1 in those times Im ele.

Why use instant cast when he's at range in roots? Save that for the last critical seconds where he is in your face, if he is away from you LvB is such a quick cast its silly to use instant cast really.