Duel-Wield Arms Warrior?

I know this is probably a stupid question but, is it viable to duel-wield in arms and still compete with 2 hander dps? Because I like duel wielding

Re: Duel-Wield Arms Warrior?

Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

NNNNNOOOOOOO ARMS=MEN'S WEAPONS!!!!!!!!!!

aww i suppose thats a no....

Not since they fixed Sudden Death.

Still, you can try..

I had done a dual-wield arms build during BC. When I made my new arms warrior and leveled to 80 after WOTLK came out, I discovered that dual wield just didn't seem viable. It was impossible (or I found it was) to get enough points in the places they needed to go to really make it work. So I've stuck with 2H arms. Good luck though if you keep trying. I'd like to see it be viable again at some point in the future, as I hate the attacks and rotations in Fury but like the rogue-ish field of dual-wield.

if u like duel weilding u gais got a twee fo dat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuckle
    NNNNNOOOOOOO ARMS=MEN'S WEAPONS!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCK YEAH!!!!

I tried It about a month ago, used 2 swords, 160 / 140 dps, did 2,5k on dummy, opposed to 3k with 2H arms, (ironsoul 210 dps)
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by Oncooldown
    I know this is probably a stupid question but, is it viable to duel-wield in arms and still compete with 2 hander dps? Because I like duel wielding
    Then go fury?

Quote Originally Posted by Oncooldown

15+ Year Old Account

It's not viable. At all.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Well i have two warriors one is arms/fury and the other is prot/dwing arms for fun.
    i have found you can do pvp dwing arms and do well and seems to be easier to kill pallys and healers.
    i am still learning what i need to hit and i have little or no Expertise but on the boss target in org i can do 2300 dps in pvp gear. i found mace and armor penetration seems to work best. i do feel two-hander is better in the end. but i think dwing is better at the healers(more because of the speed of the attacks) and most bubble boy pallys. above all its fun to make people ask you why :P and out kill them in bgs each and everytime.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rak&n=Batleths

nope arms + dw is not viable as a big chunk of ur dmg comes from bleed effects (xx% of weapon dmg)

1x 196 dps wep vs. 1x 281 dps wep is less bleed dmg =)

Quote Originally Posted by bouddieehh
    nope arms + dw is not viable as a big chunk of ur dmg comes from bleed effects (xx% of weapon dmg)

1x 196 dps wep vs. 1x 281 dps wep is less bleed dmg =)
    Comparing ilvl 245 1h's with a ilvl 258 2h

But yeah, dw-arms is shit.

If you really want to dw 1 handers, you could go 0/41/30. Yes it actually does pretty good dps for not having deep wounds. Still won't outdps 2 hand arms, or titans grip.

Thank you Captain Obvious.

The idea is its fun and you can do it if you want. sure its not something i want to arena with but it is fun. If you try it you will think its fun but you have to be a good arms warrior in the first place.
    STOP BEING A COW TAKE A CHANCE TO HAVE SOME FUN.

Quote Originally Posted by macpats

The idea is its fun and you can do it if you want. sure its not something i want to arena with but it is fun. If you try it you will think its fun but you have to be a good arms warrior in the first place.
    STOP BEING A COW TAKE A CHANCE TO HAVE SOME FUN.

cause it would be fun to arena in cloth sp armour, dont be a cow - try it and have some fun.

Dual wielding isn't viable for arms because it is based largely off weapon damage. It is viable for fury because it has a higher amount of white damage and furies 2 special attacks arn't penalized for using 2 weapons like arms is, whirlwind hits with both weapons and Blood thirst is based off attack power not weapon damage. Therefore dual wielding as arms will net you a higher amount of white damage, but will penalize your yellow damage by ~1/4th is, so you will see a large drop in yoru dps, like say 4/5th of what you would do as a 2 handed build.