Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Holy light spamming builds?

After reading a bit around, I have noticed people seem to fancy a Holy Light spamming-friendly build. Personally, I haven't really heard of this before, since I have always used Flash as my main ability, and have had no problems doing so.

But i have become interested in these so-called Holy Light builds recently, and wonder how u manage to pull this off. With the gear I have, I go OOM pretty fast when trying to spam HLs. I have done some research, but unfortunately it has come up empty.

So I was wondering how u should spec/gem/enchant to successfully be able to do this.
    In case u want to check my gear/spec, here's my Armory

Thanks in advance for any response.
    Summergale 85 Paladin - Holy/Prot dual specced.
    The Insane Progress:
    Steamweedle: Exalted (done: 999/1000)
    Bloodsail: Honored (done: 1618/12000)
    Darkmoon: Friendly (in progress: 275/6000)
    Ravenholdt: Revered (in progres: 4000/21000)

Re: Holy light spamming builds?

I just want to ask you,

whats up with 12 hit/12 crit enchant on the boots?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Riek
    I just want to ask you,

Man, that's a really helpful response...

The reason is that i have recently levelled enchanting, and i'm fine with it for now cus i'm a bit low on money...
    The Insane Progress:

I would be more concerned with the sockets (not just rarety, look into your meta some)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Refreshment
    I would be more concerned with the sockets (not just rarety, look into your meta some)
    Oh, Jesus F***ing christ, isn't it possible to get some real response here ??? ???
    I'm not asking whether or not my god damned sockets should be epic, blue or for all i care, GREEN!
    People socket/enchant according to their personal economy and atm, mine is bad, so I can't change things 5 times a day or use several k gold to get epic sockets. In fact, I will never do that since I'm not the type of person that spends 150g more to get 4 int...

If u dont have something useful do say, just get the F*** out of this thread...
    The Insane Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Riek
    I just want to ask you,

Before the Illumination nerf, this was the best boot enchant for Holy Pallies. We didn't need the movement increase because we were speccing into Ret and picking up PoJ.

First off, you're not even doing FoL right. You should be gemming for SP over everything. The cost of FoL is so low that you can spam it literally forever with like 20k mana. Also, FoL spec has always gone into Prot. Not Ret. The Crit you pick up from the Ret tree is pretty useless for FoL. You also should be up around 680 Haste to have 1 second FoLs.

That said... Holy Light is far superior. The reason why you can't sustain it is because you're rocking 22000 mana. This is insanely low. Your gear is pretty bad. 245 ilevel loot is VERY easy to come by yet you have none. My latest alt has been 80 for a week and a half and already has 6 pieces of 245 gear. You haven't even done TotC on 10 or 25.

Anyhow, get better gear. Push Int. Push Int. Push Int. Push Int. Push Int. Push Int. Gem for it (get real gems btw - blue ones are for casuals). Enchant it. Both your Trinkets should be +Int. Once you start pushing 30k unbuffed Int you will find that you can pretty much spam HL to your heart's content.

Stop speccing into Ret. Bubble Sac is an amazing raid tool. Also, for the love of god... Get Aura Mastery. I can't think of a single fight in the game where it can't be at least somewhat useful and in many it can play a key part in your raid's success.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

basicly, get to 30k mana by any means possible, this means int trinks and making sure you can get as much gem slots with epic quality gems as possible, spec holy/ret for 10 man raiding, spec holy/prot for 25.
    once your passed 30k and can change gems without going under it, change a few for int/mps or sp/mp5 if you prefer, or you can keep stacking int, my pref is to have two sets of gear, just incase.

[Edit]-Replace meta, insightful ftw!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Before the Illumination nerf, this was the best boot enchant for Holy Pallies. We didn't need the movement increase because we were speccing into Ret and picking up PoJ.

First off, you're not even doing FoL right. You should be gemming for SP over everything. The cost of FoL is so low that you can spam it literally forever with like 20k mana. Also, FoL spec has always gone into Prot. Not Ret. The Crit you pick up from the Ret tree is pretty useless for FoL. You also should be up around 680 Haste to have 1 second FoLs.

That said... Holy Light is far superior. The reason why you can't sustain it is because you're rocking 22000 mana. This is insanely low. Your gear is pretty bad. 245 ilevel loot is VERY easy to come by yet you have none. My latest alt has been 80 for a week and a half and already has 5 pieces of 245 gear. You haven't even done TotC on 10 or 25.

Anyhow, get better gear. Push Int. Push Int. Push Int. Push Int. Push Int. Push Int. Gem for it (get real gems btw - blue ones are for casuals). Enchant it. Both your Trinkets should be +Int. Once you start pushing 30k unbuffed Int you will find that you can pretty much spam HL to your heart's content.

Stop speccing into Ret. Bubble Sac is an amazing raid tool. Also, for the love of god... Get Aura Mastery. I can't think of a single fight in the game where it can't be at least somewhat useful and in many it can play a key part in your raid's success.
    On my server, a ToC 10 pug is insanely rare to come by. In fact, Onyxia pugs tend to wipe until they disband. There are some guilds that progress fine. Other than that, people are stuck trying to get into pugs which ofc all require achievements, and as u see, i dont have the ToC 10 ach :P
    The Insane Progress:

That said... Holy Light is far superior. The reason why you can't sustain it is because you're rocking 22000 mana. This is insanely low. Your gear is pretty bad. 245 ilevel loot is VERY easy to come by yet you have none. My latest alt has been 80 for a week and a half and already has 5 pieces of 245 gear. You haven't even done TotC on 10 or 25.

first off 51/5/15 is still the most solid build (the 51 is up for debate in exactly what you take). Bubble Sac isn't that great when 150% of your health is equivalent to ~35k dmg that is being split amongst 24 people (ie 1,045 dmg per person redirected) its better for a ret paladin to take it since they have about 30k health buffed up (fort/kings/commanding/food buff etc) and that makes Divin Suicide take up 45k dmg (which still isn't amazing in a mass aoe fight, helps with a burst of aoe though)

the 15 in ret is needed for the crit in spamming holy light so you get mana return off of it. the 5 in prot (5 in divinity) is taken since its mroe effective healing than the 3% crit you could get in ret instead.

also to the op, on the subject of epic gems and them being "espensive". you don't need to buy them with gold as you have 2 other purchasin options. first is through honor, any color gem = 10k honor, ie do all the WG dailies each week is like 2 uncut Kings Amber. the second option is with Heroic badges, a red/blue/yellow cost you 20 badges and a green/purple/orange will run you10.

note on your enchanting
    Chest: the 10 mp5 isn't bad but both the +10 stats or the +mana enchant would be better for HL spamming or FoL spamming for that manner. the +10 stats is better as (iirc) even though the mana enchant is 250 or 275 mana the +10 stats gives you 11int which is also a small amount of crit which is always good to have in addition to the 165 mana the enchant gives you.

Wrist: there's a +16 int to wrist, its also cheaper than the SP enchant iirc and also goes along with the theology of HL spaming (int int int int)

Weapon: there's a BC enchant thats +30 int to weapon, and imo is better than both the +50 and +63 sp as with HL sp just ='s more over healing.

your meta could be upgrade to the +21 int and chanc to restor mana (600 mana to be exact) on spell cast. this has a 45 sec internal CD and happens almost one time per minute and is very much worth getting, sadly, no real cheap way of getting them.

note on gear:
    the best type of gear to get is gear that has +stam / +int for stats and for equip bonuses has sp, crit, and haste. you need the sp so that you heals, well, can actually do some healing (duh :P ) the crit for bigger heals and mana return and the the haste for cast time reduction. te +15% and 0.5 cast time reduction (which it isn't a hard 0.5 sec reduction to HL its actually 20% spell haste for HL, if you watch the cast time on HL you'll notice that with the more haste you get the less of a cast reduction this gives) is still not enough. now this isn' to say that a sp/crit/mp5 piece shouldn't be considered, if you can get significantly more int out of a sp/crit/mp5 piece than the sp/crit/haste go fo the former.

now as to how the build works.
    your spec and glyphs are setup correctly so you are good to go there. now (pay attention this is the hard part :P ) when healing you Beacon one tank (if theres another H pally make sure to coordinate beacons, cross beaconing is best and works stupid well) and heal the other or one of the other tanks by spamming HL, and by spam I mean you don't stop casting. you would only stop casting if theres a down period in th fight and thres no dots or residual dmg being taken. now you mentioned you were going oom, that would be were this build shines actually. after you've started you HL spam when you hit about 85% mana, pop divine plea, and keep going with HL, no need to stop, the 50% reduction still means you HLs are hitting for 8-10k, just make sure you aren't poping DP during something like forzen blows or a phase in a fight where extra dmg is inc on a or all tanks.

sorry for wall of text.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko
    first off 51/5/15 is still the most solid build (the 51 is up for debate in exactly what you take). Bubble Sac isn't that great when 150% of your health is equivalent to ~35k dmg that is being split amongst 24 people (ie 1,045 dmg per person redirected) its better for a ret paladin to take it since they have about 30k health buffed up (fort/kings/commanding/food buff etc) and that makes Divin Suicide take up 45k dmg (which still isn't amazing in a mass aoe fight, helps with a burst of aoe though)
    This ability is bugged and has been bugged since it was created. It will remain bugged until they fix it with 3.3. When you Bubble Sac, it remains for the full duration. It is amazing.

Ret should not be the primary source of a Bubble Sac. Randomly halving a DPSer's DPS is a dumb idea.

the 15 in ret is needed for the crit in spamming holy light so you get mana return off of it. the 5 in prot (5 in divinity) is taken since its mroe effective healing than the 3% crit you could get in ret instead.
    You're a bit behand. Illumination was nerfed some time ago. MP5 even beats out Crit now.

the best type of gear to get is gear that has +stam / +int for stats and for equip bonuses has sp, crit, and haste.
    Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. The best gear is SP/Haste/MP5. Ilevel point for point, MP5 now gives more mana regeneration than Crit. This is mathmatical fact.

These things that you are saying WERE true. But they are not anymore.

One thing you really did get wrong though was the "rotation". Mindlessly spamming HL is a poor idea. Lean towards HL but use the right heal for the right task. People who actually DO spam HL give the rest of us a bad name.

Edit:
    if you watch the cast time on HL you'll notice that with the more haste you get the less of a cast reduction this gives
    ROFL What? No. Haste is a static gain.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

I'm surprised you got anyone actually willing to help you in this thread, since you are too lazy to research for yourself.

HL healing becomes confortable at about 27k mana unbuffed so long as you have all the appropriate raid buffs, as stated, stack int.

the 51/17/X (random points speant wherever) is the most superior spec, the poster above me is correct, if you use it without bubble, with bubble, there is no limit to the re-directed damage and it acts as a simple raid shield wall, reducing the damage the raid takes for the full duration, it is the single best skill in the game and chained with aura mastery offers significant protection on high AoE fights.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gog
    I'm surprised you got anyone actually willing to help you in this thread, since you are too lazy to research for yourself.
    Did u even read the first post?
    Quote Originally Posted by kakefarmer
    I have done some research, but unfortunately it has come up empty.
    I checked several sites and did numerous serches on google, but none provided the answers i were looking for...
    The Insane Progress:

Don't get pissy at people who don't give you a super detailed answer. If you couldn't find your ideal spec/gear choices, you didn't look hard enough. Not everyone is going to do all your research for you.

I also find it hard to believe you can't find a toc 10 pug. 58 guilds on your server have cleared reg toc 10. Find a way to get into a run. At your gear level you simply can't effectively spam Holy Light. My alt paladin has over 30k mana, in toc 10 gear/badge gear with full int gems/enchants.

And also, mp5 is better then crit now for Holy spam? That's interesting, I remember reading it somewhere but didn't hear much about it. I still go for haste/crit on my gear.

Not sure what you are searching for in google, but try 'holy light spam in 3.2' and you get results, lots of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gog
    Not sure what you are searching for in google, but try 'holy light spam in 3.2' and you get results, lots of them.
    To the OP: I love to hear myself talk (or rather, see myself type) so I responded, but these people are correct. This stuff is all common knowledge and very easily found. The truth is, if you had to ask, you didn't look hard enough.

You aren't even doing what you're doing now right. Your choices show a serious lack of knowledge about your class.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni
    Don't get pissy at people who don't give you a super detailed answer. If you couldn't find your ideal spec/gear choices, you didn't look hard enough. Not everyone is going to do all your research for you.

I also find it hard to believe you can't find a toc 10 pug. 58 guilds on your server have cleared reg toc 10. Find a way to get into a run. At your gear level you simply can't effectively spam Holy Light. My alt paladin has over 30k mana, in toc 10 gear/badge gear with full int gems/enchants.

And also, mp5 is better then crit now for Holy spam? That's interesting, I remember reading it somewhere but didn't hear much about it. I still go for haste/crit on my gear.
    Keep in mind that i'm Horde. Of the guilds that had cleared ToC 10, a great majority probably were alliance. On my server, Alliance has a huge amount more players than the horde side has :P
    The Insane Progress:

Yeah, you don't want to be a HL spammer, that's just bad. You'd do a lot better by varying your spells and using whatever the situation calls for. HL spammers are just bad.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    Yeah, you don't want to be a HL spammer, that's just bad. You'd do a lot better by varying your spells and using whatever the situation calls for. HL spammers are just bad.
    Next time, stick to your druid instead of posting nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account

To the OP: I love to hear myself talk (or rather, see myself type) so I responded, but these people are correct. This stuff is all common knowledge and very easily found. The truth is, if you had to ask, you didn't look hard enough.

You aren't even doing what you're doing now right. Your choices show a serious lack of knowledge about your class.
    TBH, i have never read up on any guides on how to heal as a paladin. I started out when i dinged 80, made my own spec, geared up through HCs and gradually learned how to heal as a paladin. Though i have to admit, about a month before 3.2. i was quite bored of healing and went Prot. It's only recently that i have decided to go Holy again as there are less holy pallies, so it's somehow easier to get a grp. With that said, i might be outdated and have little to no idea about how pally healing works now. But i try my best to find out, and it seems my reseaching skills aren't good enough. So i apologize for bothering all of you with a question which i couldn't find the answer to myself...
    The Insane Progress: