Thread: Yogg +1 Help

Yogg +1 Help

Hi all, hoping to get a little advice from you on Yogg 1 10 Man, this is our last GotUR achievement.

Phase 1 we have no issues with, get through it cleanly everytime. We are running 1 tank, 3 heals, 6DPS(3 Ranged, 3 Melee).

Phase 2 we are having more positional problems then anything else(I think). Our portal team is 3 melee and a healer, when everybody makes the portals we get to phase 3 in 2 portal phases everytime, and we are killing the inside tentacles with about 45ish seconds left on the timer.

But almost every attempt, after the first portal phase somebody gets gibbed at the last second, constrictor or a slowing debuff after the portals have spawned. I know most of this is RNG stuff, but here is my main question.

When portal team exits, is it better we try to rejoin the ranged team wherever they are, or just stay clumped where we exit and kill nearby corruptors/constrictors until we need to re-enter portals? We've tried both ways and people just seem to get gibbed every other attempt, I feel like its mostly RNG but I'm not sure. We don't have any healing or DPS issues at all, when the portal team makes it in two times in a row we trigger phase 3, don't even need the whole second portal phase to do it. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Re: Yogg +1 Help

You're problem is 3 healers in my opinion.

An extra DPS would solve all your problems...
    Less tentacles = Less diseases/curses flying around.
    One extra DPS in the brain = less tentacles spawning, and a quicker phase 2.

The tentacles spawn up top on a timer, and when the illusion shatters, the timer stops until the melee exit. (I think? Seems like the way it is).
    So basically, getting into the brain quicker will mean less tentacles and more uptime on the brain.

I have no idea why you have a healer in there, unless of course you're running in the portals with 4 warriors or other classes with no Healing abilities.

When the melee are coming out, it's quite essential that the ranged/healers meet the melee because they will be low on HP.
    Prioritize melee dispels prior to portal spawns.

Pretty confident you'll get it in the first few attempts with 2 healers.

Well, the only issue I see is that we are a 10 man only guild(I see you are too) and we definitley won't have a fourth melee to go inside. One of our healers is a resto druid with a boomkin offspec, so we could have him DPS outside and maybe have a hunter come inside the portal with us?

Hunter would definitely be your best option.
    But we definitely found that a healer in there was not necessary and an extra DPS really helped.
    Although, a boomkin would be pretty nice if a melee got an unlucky disease or something and needed some heals, although if your dispellers are doing their job it should be fine.

Quite an RNG fight.

Another thing, with 2 healers, you'll find that you will be killing the tentacles with a lot of time left before any of the melee finish in the brain, which of course will give you loads of time to wait outside Yoggy's mouth.

Well, the only issue I see is that we are a 10 man only guild(I see you are too) and we definitley won't have a fourth melee to go inside. One of our healers is a resto druid with a boomkin offspec, so we could have him DPS outside and maybe have a hunter come inside the portal with us?
    This.
    We have tried both with hunter and moonkin.And i must say that moonkin is great choice for you.In case of emergency he can throw few hots on people nuking tentacles inside.You get more DPS on brain and less tentacles.Also,he can top people inside so they jump out of brain with full HP.

Another thing that worked well for my team,was meeting up at south side of the room after we finish portal phase.Best way for us was that we all made effort to meet up,not just only melee running to outside team but also outside team running to meele on specific spot.In our case it was place where portal team gets thrown out.
    What actually kills your raid is basicaly that people are not bunched up.Stay togather in group and you will live.Move away and do something on your own,most likely you will die.In my oppinion its better to have 1 tentacle 5 seconds more,untill all raid gather up and than focus on nuking that tenctacle than sending few DPS to deal with it on their own.Ofc,this does not include tentacle which squezes players as it should be zerged asap.

Hunter would definitely be your best option.
    I quite agree with this,but since you are awaiting first kill YS+1,its maybe better to go with moonkin,people will feel more confident about poison and DPS gain is pretty much big.
    If you ever get back there again,helping other people get the drake,definately take huntard,youll have fun inside^^.

I also presume that you have choosen Thorim to help you,otherwise there is not much difference in doing YS+0 and YS+1 with Freya helping you.

Go go take that drake !

So this would be the setup then:

Outside team:
    Holy Priest
    Holy Paladin
    DK Tank
    Arcane Mage
    Lock
    Hunter

Portal team:
    Feral Druid DPS
    DK
    Ret Paladin
    Boomkin

Then have everybody gather approximately at his mouth after the first/second portal phases so we are all stacked together?

Then have everybody gather approximately at his mouth after the first/second portal phases so we are all stacked together?
    Yeah.

ANd post scrshoot with drakes :P.

If your having trouble with ppl dieing right before the portal phase make sure your holy pal is close to yogg so he can cleanse any unwanted debuffs for the portal team. Pals can also BoP the squeeze off of someone going into the portal if they get it.

Ugh.

Ret Paladin with melee should be great, get him to throw some heals around and dispels, will be cake.

When you get it post how you went back here.

We killed him using 2-3 healers, so this isn't a problem IMO.
    Problem is you take a healer to the brain room. You don't need him there. Do you have retri paladins? Tell them to put SS and FoL HoT on them - and let them heal party with instant FoLs. Holy Paly can do the same with one of dps taking a portal. You have a Resto Druid? Tell him to put some HoT's on your dps just before they enter portal. Riptide could work as well. And some disco shields would be nice too :-)
    And remember to dispell EVERYTHING, especially from brain dpsers.
    Besides, you remember about poking big tentacles to avoid damage reduction debuff?
    And don't be afraid to take ranged dps (however they are better outside). Our first kill we did with 2 hunters, dk and fury warr in brain room.

Deleted

If when melees come out all tentacles are not dead you need to slap your ranged DPS-ers super hard

15+ Year Old Account

You definitely don't need 3 healers. Healing on Yogg+1 is actually fairly light, it's more about dispelling diseases/curses/poisons and non-healers can do that. So get one of your healers to dps instead and you will find yourself with a lot more time to spare on the outside.

Ideally you want to get the brain down in two phases (as this will mean everyone still has a reasonable amount of Sanity left) but three phases is fine as long as you clear up the outside every time and manage your sanity reasonably well. Any more than 3 phases and you'll start to get people being mind-controlled.

Good luck!

I mostly agree with everything said before; we found that finishing phase 1 was the hardest (in the learning curve sense) part, and the key to phase 2 was killing the illusion room tentacles fast enough so outside only one round of tentacles spawn. I'm repeating myself, but it's worth reminding: if you kill everything in the illusion room fast enough phase 2 is a piece of cake, and the key to that is entering the portals as soon they appear, which involves no corruptors or constrictors f*cking around, which means only one round of tentacles outside, which implies killing the tentacles inside fast enough...
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

Both times i've done this, we've gone with 1 tank, 2 healers and 7 dps. 4 melee and 3 ranged.

You need to get the brain room done in 2 phases, to pop herism in the first one.

Just make sure your decursers are awake, or they get sarcasm.

2 Healers is what's needed for that encounter.

Should fix it =)
    Signature size violated forum rules.

We took a break last week, but we got this tonight, the 2 healers really made the difference. Thank you all! Going to ride around on our drakes! =p

Grats mate.
    Enjoy the drakes!