Whirlwind - pvp utility?

I feel as if we're constantly rooted, locked out, or just toyed around with in arenas.¨
    If me (on my warrior) and my resto druid mate are up against what, a druid and pretty much anything else, the fight is already kinda determined, I will spend as much time having roots around my feet as I will be bashing my opponents down.
    Frost mages and death knights frankly do the same, slow, root w/e.
    I don't like this sounding like a QQ post solely so I pose a suggestion and I'd like to know whether you guys think that it sounds fair.

In addition to previous effects, whirlwind now has a 50/100% chance to sweep down nearby roots or chains when used. Put this talent somewhere in the first tiers of fury so arms can reach it and use it well, if the idea isn't good please tell me why.
    We need more freedom, everyone else has it.

Re: Whirlwind - pvp utility?

Warrior mobility is pretty good but a druid can shut that down really well. This fix gives arms warriors a counter to their worst enemy(roots), but requires them to go zerker and dump all their rage WWing to get out...a fair trade-off. Fury I suppose picks up free mobility. Well, no one's really playing fury anyway so I guess that's fine.

Seems alright. It does seem a little weird that this mighty axe wielding warrior can't chop a root :P

yeah, your pointing out just what im thinking mate, druids still have cyclone and we do really sacrifice a sufficient amount of rage to be able to do this.
    I really don't see it causing imbalancy.

Deleted

Considering that fury warriors cant charge in combat giving them this ''free'' mobility would really help tbh.
    I say ''free'' because using WW to free yourself from roots takes off the WW damage to your opponents, which is quite a large portion of fury damage.

Sounds like a decent idea to me.

Edited for typos.

A free gnome racial every 10 seconds (or less if you're glyphed) is too OP.

yeah I know, the gnome racial is kinda poor though, warriors are really easy to hinder in pvp. there are flaws in this idea just like any other. just trying to help our class

15+ Year Old Account

I personally find killing a frost mage god damn near impossible as a warrior. Maybe it's just me, but frost mages are my bane.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted

Incredibly overpowered, and would either get whirldwind or other areas nerfed to compensate, won't ever happen.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

if u wanna pvp properly as a warrior, go prot..ull have a ton of mobility and ull live longer than 10 sec

dont you already have like, that 45s cd spell that removes roots
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    dont you already have like, that 45s cd spell that removes roots
    that is only deep fury.. and fury doesn't have a lot of pvp potential...

can you reason how this is overpowered, its clear warriors are quite the opposite right now, at least while they are rooted.
    we need some break-out ability. the class is supposed to be a remorseless warrior, constantly coming at their opponents being lethal.. the concept of being rooted constantly with absolutely no ability to break is ludicrous. I really am open for suggestions, just what?

whirlwind really seems like a reasonable ability because it makes sense that a whirlwind from a weapon could slice through roots/smash ice.

reshape it then, put it arms instead of anger management (which sux either way).
    'Bonebreaking Blade'
    1/1
    When you cause a whirlwind attack wielding a two-handed weapon, there is a chance (70%) you will break root effects on yourself or nearby friendly targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzon
    that is only deep fury.. and fury doesn't have a lot of pvp potential...

can you reason how this is overpowered, its clear warriors are quite the opposite right now, at least while they are rooted.
    we need some break-out ability. the class is supposed to be a remorseless warrior, constantly coming at their opponents being lethal.. the concept of being rooted constantly with absolutely no ability to break is ludicrous. I really am open for suggestions, just what?

whirlwind really seems like a reasonable ability because it makes sense that a whirlwind from a weapon could slice through roots/smash ice.

reshape it then, put it arms instead of anger management (which sux either way).
    'Bonebreaking Blade'
    1/1
    When you cause a whirlwind attack wielding a two-handed weapon, there is a chance (70%) you will break root effects on yourself or nearby friendly targets.

no point at having it 70%, relying on rng is just plain shit
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits