Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

UI Project! Extremly Low Mini UI! Help Needed!

Hello there...
    Im a Ret/Holy Paladin and im sick of the most comonly UI used these days.
    The recent UI that im using atm is TuksUI but i kinda dnt like atm.
    The blizzard UI is a big failure and i hate it so much cuz its just shit imo.

What I AM eager to see is a VERY very SIMPLE MINI UI that have RLY LOW Memory use with nothing but a HUD UFs with 2 Small Action Bars that are Hidden and can be seen when hoverd on them. simple round minimap at a corner. simple raid UFs that can be easly accessable and shows good stuff abt the whole raid...

if anyone have seen this UI PLEASE LINK!

i need good addons for this project with EXTREMLY LOW Memory!
    i dnt need grid / pitbull / pearl
    i dnt need Bars / dominos
    i dnt need prat or chatter
    i dnt need Simpleminimap or Chinchulla
    i dnt need DBM / DXE / BigWigs
    i NEED Addons that do the same functions as the above but with rly EXTREME LOW MEMORY! and that can be Modified easly..

I tried oUF but its hard to config .lua
    I tried rActionbars again hard to config .lua
    if someone can help modifying those .lua to the project needs it would be awesome

i would like to thank all readers and hope we can finish up this project ASAP cuz im EAGER to get a UI like this soon.

Re: UI Project! Extremly Low Mini UI! Help Needed!

No offense... but for one, DBM is a necessity. If you want a setup that includes anything that 'does the same thing' as DBM... use DBM. As for the rest, the UI experts here should hopefully be able to help, but 'extremely low memory' is kindof hard (ridiculous) to do if you want that much functionality.

here is the basic structure of the UI

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    No offense... but for one, DBM is a necessity. If you want a setup that includes anything that 'does the same thing' as DBM... use DBM. As for the rest, the UI experts here should hopefully be able to help, but 'extremely low memory' is kindof hard (ridiculous) to do if you want that much functionality.
    well first of DBM isnt my first choice in my mind atm its actualy DXE which is rly btr than DBM hundred time but still it takes alot of Memory...

and there is a posibility in making it low usage UI cuz there is some UIs out there that does so but does not satisfy my needs....

my whole point of making a low memory ui is that i rly hate to crash and wait alot for loadings and FPS shit thats why i want this... i use an average PC not a gaming PC

Action bar : Bartender.
    Frame : Pitbull.
    Raid : Grid.
    Raid healing : Clique. Just set this up and you only need to click on the frames to cast the different spells.
    Minimap : Sexymap.
    Chat : Prat.
    Buffs : SatrinaBuffFrame
    HUD : Really dunno what you wanna use. I myself hate this crap.

All the add ons you need to make it yourself, and shouldn't take for than 5min to set it up. Looking at the picture you posted.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan
    Action bar : Bartender.
    Frame : Pitbull.
    Raid : Grid.
    Raid healing : Clique. Just set this up and you only need to click on the frames to cast the different spells.
    Minimap : Sexymap.
    Chat : Prat.
    Buffs : SatrinaBuffFrame
    HUD : Really dunno what you wanna use. I myself hate this crap.

All the add ons you need to make it yourself, and shouldn't take for than 5min to set it up. Looking at the picture you posted.
    have u not read all the post m8 ? i DO NOT need any of these addons cuz they take alot of memory and they suck i want simple low use memory addons

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Disagree. Haven't raided with any form of boss mod since sunwell, maybe it'll change with Icecrown but as it stands you dont really need boss mods.

I agree DBM isn't needed really it is just a nice to have.

As for the OP asking for a low memory UI I believe there isn't one for what you are asking for. I think you have 2 options either put up with long load times and fps issues or upgrade.

are u even thinking abit before typing that? you say u want simple low memory ui mods, and when a person comes with those that takes least amount of memory whithout changing any freaking .lua file....you dont automaticly need to be a a**h*** when some1 is nice enough to tell you this....but anyways....im not shocked that i find ppl like you on this forum...you demand so much, and aint able to say thank you to some1 that actually gives you what u want (but without changing .lua files).....so next time....freaking think before answering

YES.....it is nerdrage...cause i hate ppl that cant see and understand what they are saying themself :P
    Quote Originally Posted by cyceron
    A wild Kumduh appears.
    Kumduh casts Take a Chill Pill.
    You cannot perform any actions for 7 turns of the moon and sun.
    I must say that was one of the best bans I have seen.

Actually, DBM is not a necessity. I've raided without it as heal and as meleedd, I never needed it because I'm aware what's going on.
    Gridreplacement: Blizzard standard raid interface(pull the persons out of you raid interface)
    Bars: Blizzard standard bars+qUserKeybinds. You put your main things on the bars and bind the rest.
    ChatMod... you need it.
    Minimap: Why an addon? I never used one and I'm fine with the standard minimap.
    DBM/DXE/BigWigs: Be aware what's happening, Blizzard standard emotes are more than enough.
    PallyPower/ZOMGBuffs: Take it, you have to, you're a pally after all.

So, you have 2 addons which make up your whole addon package... THAT is a minimalistic UI.

And if your raidlead tells you to get DBM/BigWigs... ask him how often you died from encounter mechanics that DBM/BigWigs would have warned you of...

Quote Originally Posted by tripleabd
    have u not read all the post m8 ? i DO NOT need any of these addons cuz they take alot of memory and they suck i want simple low use memory addons
    Way to go piss off every addon maker around, while asking for impossible.

What you are asking for is a moon from the sky nau! Addon memory usage on modern computers is so small you will not notice it in any meaningful way. Unless of course your computer sucks. If you want something better than the addons thousands of people are happily using I suggest start coding it yourself, or pay for somebody to do it for you.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

check my UI

Well good luck finding better add ons for the job which takes less memory while still working. But okay.
    And really, how old is your computer if it can't handle 7-8 add ons ?
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6...2909012805.jpg

Pitbull (Most modules turned off.), Prat, BasicMinimap, MSBT and rBuff.

this maybe?
    Okay, maybe it has not that low memory useage like tukz ui, but its okay.
    I don't see any difference between this and tukz while raiding.
    I've used tukz before and i was happy with it because I just love minimalistic UIs; and you don't really need to configure your ass out of tukz after installing it.
    And yes, you are kinda right about the .lua configurations. If you sit yourself down for a few moments, you will figure out how you have to setup everything in the lua files.

I guess, you can't drop your addon memory useage while running a few addons more than without any addons or addons which are based on just lua-configuration... like Xapahn said ->
    good luck :>
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

Low memory with functionality?
    DBM
    Blizzard UI

Done.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so.

I think your all getting trolled

ok first of all thanks for the UI Screen shots that have been added..
    2nd of all screw u all who think im not gratefull and thinks of my replys as disrespectful... my replys WOULD not be like this if ppl actualy reads the Original post IN details.
    i agree DBM is not neccesary for the UI but i want something new like it that have low memory.
    and for those who think i cba to do .lua well i will certainly tell u that i WILL do them but i NEED help doing them.

please if u dont like this and dont understand shit just GTFO

ok first of all thanks for the UI Screen shots that have been added..
    2nd of all screw u all who think im not gratefull and thinks of my replys as disrespectful... my replys WOULD not be like this if ppl actualy reads the Original post IN details.
    i agree DBM is not neccesary for the UI but i want something new like it that have low memory.
    and for those who think i cba to do .lua well i will certainly tell u that i WILL do them but i NEED help doing them.

please if u dont like this and dont understand shit just GTFO
    Perhaps rude posts like this one are the reason people think you're being ungrateful and disrespectful.

well first of DBM isnt my first choice in my mind atm its actualy DXE which is rly btr than DBM hundred time but still it takes alot of Memory...

and there is a posibility in making it low usage UI cuz there is some UIs out there that does so but does not satisfy my needs....

my whole point of making a low memory ui is that i rly hate to crash and wait alot for loadings and FPS shit thats why i want this... i use an average PC not a gaming PC
    Get addoncontrolpanel and save a profile, if u crash out log in with onely acp active and the load profile a /rl a lot faster then logging with UI up.