Deleted

ninja all and sell

Well it seems it didn't took too long for some to figure this out, so the last addition to ninja ideas on my server is:
    Master looter takes everything and announces all members they have 2 hours to whisper him with the price they will offer for the item they want.
    I can even appreciate the ninja for such an ideea though i don't like it when it happened to me and i wouldn't do it to others. I know this is a role play game and if some one roleplays a thief is my problem so blizzard says clearly they will not interfere in such cases.

But isn't this action an exploit? Yes taking an item and awarding to someone is not exploit but taking all and selling them to participants is in fact exploit and should be banned.
    Exploit = abusing a game mechanic to obtain an unfair advantage over another player.
    In this case they exploit the mechanic of trading items between members for selling items instead of just fixing a wrong awarding of items.

Maybe it's just me understanding the situation like this, what do you think?

Re: ninja all and sell

Well, seems to me unless he has a host of 80's thats going to be a 1-2 time only trick, because after that the people that PuG regularly will know about him and he will never get into any groups. I would also rather disenchant all my gear than give someone like that 1G of mine, and probably so would most of your group.

Just as annoying I seem to see quite openly in some PuGs people discussing trading items they won for money with others who want it. Especialy items like rings and weapons that are often sought out my multiple classes/specs.

Also seen guilds/friends where all members who can equip an item will roll for it
    , and give it to the guy who may have lost the roll but wanted it.

I realise how the trading items system has helped in cases of misplaced loot etc, but I hate the way people exploit the system too. I guess we will just have to live with it though, or go back to the old way of ticketing for everything which I can't see Blizz being in favour of ^^

Deleted

Well i highly doubt blizz will want the tickets back since that means they must pay more gms.

About offering money for items other got in a pug it can have some limit(if you don't insist over and over again). If i play on my main and i go to a pug with someone who i see is having the Alt rank in some guild. We both contribute to the fight and we both have equal rights to roll for the item. If the item is of great value for me i can always ask him if he wants to trade the item for a sum of gold. And until now 100% of times they don't want the item over gold on an alt. Hell i even bought the polearm from TOC 5 man for a friend druid who just reached 80. He was healer so he didn't had chance to roll on polearm. The other guy was a dk who took it to test it over his DW maces.

Anyway the above is someone who won a roll with all the rights to do it and he changed his mind because of a reason(gold in this case or guys who remember they already had the item in bank). Taking the items by theft and offering them for sale is not the same thing not even by far.

Isn't ninja'ing scamming, I have read that that lately in a blue post.
    Quote Originally Posted by zahoan
    Well i highly doubt blizz will want the tickets back since that means they must pay more gms.

About offering money for items other got in a pug it can have some limit(if you don't insist over and over again). If i play on my main and i go to a pug with someone who i see is having the Alt rank in some guild. We both contribute to the fight and we both have equal rights to roll for the item. If the item is of great value for me i can always ask him if he wants to trade the item for a sum of gold. And until now 100% of times they don't want the item over gold on an alt. Hell i even bought the polearm from TOC 5 man for a friend druid who just reached 80. He was healer so he didn't had chance to roll on polearm. The other guy was a dk who took it to test it over his DW maces.

Anyway the above is someone who won a roll with all the rights to do it and he changed his mind because of a reason(gold in this case or guys who remember they already had the item in bank). Taking the items by theft and offering them for sale is not the same thing not even by far.
    The problem is people also begin to roll if they don't need it which is unfair for the poor guy, who did an equal job in killing the boss. I just hate if people sell items like that, they should give it to the next one in line who rolled.

Plus you can say lorewise there is a thief. But lorewise that guy would be ganked by 25 players.

Made by Cazy!
    Massively Oversized Avatar removed - Cilraaz