Choosing between Glyphs

Hell fellow locks, Im struggeling between my glyphs, i have :

Glyph of Life Tap
    Glyph of Immolate
    Glyph of Conflagrate

but these days i see more and more locks using Glyph of Incinerate instead of Immolate,
    what would be the highest dps gain?

Thanks

Re: Choosing between Glyphs

I'd put money on incinerate being > immolate, but easiest way to check is to find your DPS per spell, and see which glyph would provide a bigger bonus - it's most likely incinerate unless you have an "interesting" spec or rotation

Jeb

Most likely your overall Incinerate damage > overall Immolate+Conflag damage. Therefore Glyph of Incinerate is better.

I just did the math, timed out but I had it in the original post and don't want to redo it, and the glyph of immolate turns out to be better then the glyph of conflag, unless you have a signifigant amount of haste, like close to 45%ish, so not really possible. Due to conflag simply scaling better, 25% crit means 25% more damage, + 30 % from talents and 6% for the immo dot and conflag that incinerate simply doesn't get.

most obvious question -.-
    just go do koralon or something and do your best possible dps, then in the end check yoru recount which you have more:
    Immolate ticks
    or
    incinerate
    now imagine you added 5% to each number, which would give you a higher dps gain
    (disclamer: conflag not included in this equation)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood888
    I just did the math, timed out but I had it in the original post and don't want to redo it, and the glyph of immolate turns out to be better then the glyph of conflag, unless you have a signifigant amount of haste, like close to 45%ish, so not really possible. Due to conflag simply scaling better, 25% crit means 25% more damage, + 30 % from talents and 6% for the immo dot and conflag that incinerate simply doesn't get.
    Immolate is in no way even remotely close to being as good as the glyph of Conflag. Did you mean Incinerate? If so you're still wrong. First, the Immolate glyph does not actually give +10% damage to Immolate and Conflag. It's closer to 6%. The tooltip is misleading. Take Immolate + Immolate DoT + Conflag damage % and multiply by .06. Now take Incinerate damage % and multiply by .05. Which is higher? Furthermore look at those numbers. Is your Incinerate damage % under 45%? If so your rotation is bad. If it is at least 45%, which is about the minimum acceptable percentage, then you need 37.5% of your damage to be from Conflag and Immolate. Your Imp will be doing ~8% of your damage. Chaos Bolt ~10%, CoD around 3%... Hey, where'd that extra 3.5% come from? ??? Even with a lowball number for Incinerate it's not possible to reach a percentage where the Immolate glyph is better.

Sorry, but whatever math you did was quite far off. Conflag and Immolate each do ~45% more damage than Incinerate per cast. With 0% haste unbuffed you'll still be casting Incinerate 4 times more often than Conflag and 6 times more often than Immolate.