Anub25 HM tank gear

Recently i heard about some special gear requirements for anub hm, so i just wanted to check is it true
    Its about rerolling tanks to LW proffesion for some nature resist enchant and some block gear from lower tiers. Is it really true and did guilds who killed him really did all that stuff?

thnx

Deleted

Re: Anub25 HM tank gear

Yea, they get block gear so they become "unhittable".

special block/avoidance gear - yes
    nature resist - no

Nature resistance is worth its gold there so I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to use it @ above poster. I wouldn't go as far as rerolling LW for it but you can use the cloak / head enchants and the Onyxia ring if you got it. Even just these small things help a lot if you're tanking Anub. If you're tanking the adds, block gear (with high block value and getting a total avoidance of above 101.6%? [think it was something like that for level 82 mobs]) is needed.

Deleted

Basically if you have a tank with a full block set then you can have one tank for all 4 adds, which means position for AOE is easier, stunning for Shadow Strike is easier, and you only have 2 tanks at full HP in Phase 3 instead of 3, so less healing on Anub. Once we went from 2 tanks to 1 with block gear it went much better and we killed him not long after.

For MT'n i would suggest the mitigation way. It's either stack stam for survival and become a huge mana sponge and heal anub for tons more or go mitigation like i do. For proof, my toon is obviously Raxin the feral druid, as u can see for damage incoming i am sitting at 5.3k incoming compared to a rival guild on our server, tinypally stacking survival i assume taking 9.1k. He took nearly double the amount leech swarm that i did, in turn causing an extended P3.

For gear the only special gear i swap out is glphy of indomibility for the static armor during ice blocks, i have 70 NR bracers due to LW'n, and ring offa onyxia for the static armor and resis. Also have the stam and nature resis helm enchant, flask of lesser resis for 50 to all, and have either a shaman drop NR totem or a hunter run his aura. In total i run about 305 NR resisting up to half of the incoming leeching swarm. Total buffed i am about 48k hp.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...?s=5364&e=5845
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6140&e=6663

My group never changed anything special for tank gear on 10 togc and we do 45 attempts or better.

Cylon's Warcraft Blog - News, guides and more! Come join my community.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon24
    My group never changed anything special for tank gear on 10 togc and we do 45 attempts or better.
    Then when you carefully read the topic once again, you will realize this is about ToC 25 HM tanking gear...
    An opinion is a subjective statement or thought about an issue or topic, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. However, it can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analysing the supporting arguments.

An opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires. In casual use, the term opinion may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact-based beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon24
    prob bc togc 10 is puggable in nax gear

i only dream of being able to tank this lol... on ma pally i tank 10togc but 25togc shit i wish i could.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by sbarro777
    prob bc togc 10 is puggable in nax gear
    lol i can see you have neva done togc lol it cant be done in naxx 10 gear cause people will get overrolled by snobolds and flame/poisons from the jormungers if you are able to do ti the people have to be really skilled and have to not be downees which is hard to keep downess out of pug groups cause they are everywhere.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz
    and have to not be downees which is hard to keep downess out of pug groups cause they are everywhere.
    for example there's one in this thread making posts under the name Kikazz

Pug? yes. In naxx gear? No, tanks alone would get raped by the impales, heals wouldn't be able to keep up. Again i say this with a PUG in mind, not a guild. I can see a guild doing this in naxx guild if they're decent, but there would be no reason to. (uld gear would be fine for the achievement.)

Quote Originally Posted by deltronzero
    for example there's one in this thread making posts under the name Kikazz
    lolowned