Thread: Prot Paly PvP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Prot Paly PvP

Also, when it comes to weapons, it seems to be that slow weapons are the way to go. They have the advantage of higher seal damage, and bigger burst spurts with Reckoning.

I would expect the Quel'Delar 1-hand sword (2.7 speed!) to put out some really nice Seal and HotR hits. (Although I did wish they'd replace the ArP with hit.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mmrdkm
    i've seen it crit clothies for over 9k when Lavanthors talisman and Libram of obstruction are up, i usually keep my wings till a healer is way down for the extra burst.
    The only things that would reduce ShoR's damage are Resilience, -% Spell Damage taken effects, and the rare person popping a Holy Protection Potion; as ShoR's damage is Holy and ignores all armor.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Jeddite
    I've run with a 0/54/17 Prot "PVP spec in the past for lulz in Battlegrounds, and I usually pick up E4E and drop Conviction, since Protection "PVP" isn't really crit-based. You could make the argument that you won't get focused much, and while this is true, the additional reactive damage from E4E really "fits" the concept of "Protection PVP"
    Roll ret and l2p

Liberty you are what I hate about forums in general. You are a troll in the true essence of the word, even more so than K4ge. Contribute or leave.

He never at any point asked at any point what spec he should run, or why he shouldn't run the spec he wants to because a rogue is crying because a tank can tank him. You guys have jumped over the line of acceptable responses and are just about to start suggesting he reroll a different class or go play Conan.

A Prot Pally in full Holy gear is NOT what this thread is about. It's about a Prot Pally in Prot gear, or in Prot and Ret gear. Stop trying to slowly derail this thread into a QQ a different spec entirely.

Back on topic though. For weapon choice you have a few paths to take. Relentless weapons for the resilience, tanking weapons for the defensive stats, or a PvE one hander for more crit/hit. It's really up to you on that, as the higher level weapons tend to have comparable DPS, so the choice comes down to the supplemental stats, and whether you would rather try to outlast or out DPS (this IS possible, don't listen to the naysayers). I tried to outlast last arena season and it worked out alright, but I couldn't seem to make it work out as well this season so I went to try to out DPS and am a lot happier with it.

Im at 355 resilience and 475 defense as of yesterday, and I have to say I am impressed with the damage I can pump out. I can frequently take down full Relentless melee except for some Unholy DKs and the occasional rogue that realizes he has Dismantle, and it has made the few seconds I can spend standing next to a lock or mage count all that much more with the increased damage. The ONLY drawback to the PvP gear is Ardent defender hits for approximately 5k now, instead of 10k+ like it had previously. I can also go toe to toe with geared ret pallies, even more so than in all my PvE gear.

I have two pieces of Furious offset and 3 pieces of the Deadly set, and I can't imagine how strong I will be in Full furious with a better weapon than the H ToC oscillating sword (it's name escapes me).

Don't reroll Ret. If you like Prot PvP now it won't be nearly as fun. Also rolling Ret because you should "take advantage of it being OP" is just a copout. Prot Pally in Prot gear is not FotM and that is something to be (marginally) proud of with PvP success. Given the right combination of gear, spec, glyphs, and not immediately assuming you can't PvP, you will do better than you and other people expect.

Also get away from the idea that since you are Prot you have to "tank" the people you PvP against. You CAN tank them passively while still doing enough DPS to take out a player on their own, or pressure a healer enough for your partner(s) to do it instead.

Try arena and BG's in all Prot gear, then switch in a piece of PvP Ret piece for your worst piece of Prot gear, and see how you like it. Slowly step it up from there till the point where you feel that last piece pushed you over the edge and you think you lost the amount of survivability you are comfortable with.

This game is about having fun, so have it.

OP i suggest you post on AJ (Arena Junkies)
    You'll get answers worth your time there.
    - I served under Thrall, the mighty orc -

Holy Paladin - Burning Blade (US)
    My blood's still flowing and my heart's still beating like a hammer.

I play this spec, though not with the exact talent choices you do.

I would personally go for the 30% reduction of fear / disorient effects - gathering the boost to your seal dot damage and judgement along the way.

Your worst enemy in 3v3 and 5v5 is fear, as when you're in one it's then that your teammates are the most vulnerable and you're unable to do anything to help.

Vindicus

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZVGz...dVf0hbc:R0jmcz

Glyph of salv is good when you get focused, As long as you focus on cleanses when you arnt able to do anything else it should be alright (Ofc keep divine plea active or you go oom)
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.