Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: RV not breaking repentance for 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    It wasn't a bug but it was pretty stupid, having your CC break from an ability you have no control over is not the same as having it break from a dot you could choose not to apply.

Last I checked warriors didn't have any CC that would guarantee to break on a tick of deep wounds.
    A warriors dw, as well as rv, will still break a poly or a blind, which has been a beef since page 1 of this thread. So? Any form of dot will break that cc.
    I'm surprised actually, blizzard finally give you a fix, and the post turns into page after page of bitch-slapping and whining...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist
    For those folks who don't know, you see Righteous Vengeance was designed as a sort of Deep Wounds to help consolidate Retribution's new status as a powerful damage dealer. HOWEVER they knew that, it being a DoT spell, would have potential conflicts with that other spell you are familiar with, repentance!

You see, Repentance is an incapacitate spell in the paladin's Arsenal. If you had already performed a critical strike on subject, and then decided to say, use repentance to catch a small break to, say heal, the RV tick would break the effect, and that minute cooldown talented spell would become useless, because of a further down the tree talent.

When the Echoes of Doom patch came out, they announced that the righteous vengeance will not break the RV effect, it would be the only DoT not able to break this effect. I go try it, and it breaks the effect. Further on down, Blizzard says they will fix it.

So it's been a while.
    Not 100% True.

When 3.0 came out, RV increased the crit chance for DS and Judgement by 2/4/6/8/10%. When Paladins were seen as too bursty, they changed RV in 3.0.2 to place a dot equal to 10/20/30/40/50% of crit damage from DS and Judgement. In 3.1 they changed it to 3 ranks, but to also include CS.

Quote Originally Posted by ponth
    A warriors dw, as well as rv, will still break a poly or a blind, which has been a beef since page 1 of this thread. So? Any form of dot will break that cc.
    I'm surprised actually, blizzard finally give you a fix, and the post turns into page after page of bitch-slapping and whining...
    Have your mages Glyph for Polymorph it is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Halazz
    Don't Crit someone you wish to repentence?

This isn't a bug fix.

It's your "Deep wounds" breaking an incapcitate effect, thats not bugged.
    Either you're trolling or you're an idiot. You can hardly control when you crit, however you're 100% in control of what you serpent sting, idiot/troll.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Not 100% True.

When 3.0 came out, RV increased the crit chance for DS and Judgement by 2/4/6/8/10%. When Paladins were seen as too bursty, they changed RV in 3.0.2 to place a dot equal to 10/20/30/40/50% of crit damage from DS and Judgement. In 3.1 they changed it to 3 ranks, but to also include CS.
    it was only 40% total for the RV dot at 5 ranks but otherwise your spot on Ronark

sweet ret buff

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nomcakes
    it was only 40% total for the RV dot at 5 ranks but otherwise your spot on Ronark
    I thought it was but I wasn't sure- a 5/10/20/30/40 didn't sound right per talent scaling :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Not 100% True.

It was also extra crit damage (40%)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei_Sin
    I wonder how will this affect Ret PvP specs, since people didn't take RV because it broke Repentance.
    I actually have RV and have had it for a while now in my pvp spec just because it breaks pent I could care less 1v1 doesn't mean shit and I run RLS in 3s so I don't have to worry about CC too much except pent to interrupt a CC every now and then sorta like poly spam a healer to keep from healing
    Yes lock is afflic so it's like "ZOMG DUH DAWTS IZ ERRVRYWURR"