Thread: Yogg 0 - 10 Man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Yogg 0 - 10 Man

Quote Originally Posted by Darlip
    Hi all,

Got some inspiration from the post and here is a movie from our Yogg +0 kill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md0WNsYL7HM

And I know the end credits are wrong saying its the Algalon kill, but was I a bit tired and missed that while editing the movie...

/Darlip
    other then your inability to keep the immortal guardians in front of you at the end, and your 10man looking over geared almost for this. it looked alright so gratz
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Omg Ellandria!

Yeh we had some real nice attempts on our first few goes when we got to Phase 3 flawlessly.

It was tricky the first few goes and we kind of got the jist of it.

We're definitely going to get it next week.

Our plan is:

*Phase 3 Starts*
    Heroism popped and everyone smash Yogg-Saron until Heroism ends or there are 3 Immortal Guardians up.
    Once there are 3 everyone turns and burns down to 1% and then we have our Rogue and Feral Druid staying on the incoming adds while everyone else smashes Yogg-Saron.
    Once Empowering Shadows goes off we pull one out with a Feral Druid taunt and repeat.

We got Yogg-Saron down to something like 10-15% with 1 DPS Dead, and only 2 people smashing Yogg-Saron (Due to unfortunate RNG others stayed on the adds) so what we think is we'll easily be able to get him to something like 5-15% with everyone on Yogg and a Hero and then take it easy and kill him.

If you get him that low with -1 DPS you should try to make a 100% zerg as we did last night (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q00EC0DXVY) and it seems we are equally geared with no ToGC 25 gear.

We initially had a few tries the night before on doing the normal routine (never done +0 before) with having a hunter using pulling the Empowered add and it seemed to work ok and we made some progress but it got late and we called it.

Then I saw this post and wanted to give the zerg a try and found out its fairly easy if the raid has some luck with the RNG in P1+P2.

On our kill It was only me messing up a bit due to trying to lead and make sure a dodgy fraps worked as we lost it on the attempt before which almost was a kill.

Anyways our tactic was as most do, blow Hero/BL in the start of P3 then all DPS stick on Yogg while the tank grabs inc mobs.

Usually Im on about 80 sanity going into P3 which gives me a bit of freedom moving so adds dont pile up behind me, but as you see I'm not that high on the kill.

When Yogg starts casting the Empowering shadows on 1 or 2 of the mobs I drag the pack away from the mobs and then we are ready to start rotating CD when the beacon goes off as the damage is high even on a tank in ToC gear. We had our priest use his CD 1st then I blew all mine after and just made sure adds stuck to me and keeping a safe distance to Yogg, think I had 4 adds and 2 of them had the beacon when it it went off and In the end I had 5adds on full health nuking we so we were lucky we killed him at the same time the 6th spawned.

However I know that you don't have a priesthealer in your setup so you will be missing out on 1 external CD on the tank going for a full nuke. And as you said one option is for the feral druid go bear and taunt the empowered add /if u are lucky not getting 2 empowered....

With the aoe you have you can also tank them next to Yogg until empowered shadows, that way you will bring them down without any DPS having to focus on them and the incoming dmg will be a bit easier to heal. If the Paly uses grid for his taunts then its easy to grab the inc adds and you don't have to look around as much as I did as its easy to miss-click when standing close to Yogg.

Another thing, If you are lucky with brainportals it is possible to push him into P3 in just one portal, if you do that then the DPS can spend some sanity eating the "gaze" to maximize DPS uptime on Yogg during Hero/BL. But with all the RNG in P2 luck is rare

Our setup:

Protection warrior

Ret Paladin
    Enh Shammy
    Feral Druid
    Fury Warrior

Destruction Warlock
    Elemental Shammy
    MM Hunter

Disc Priest
    Resto Druid

Good luck Bainz and Ellandria I´m sure you will get it next reset!

/Darlip

we did it a few days ago (with tot(g)c gear) and just zerg p3. to pull the TWO (yes two) marked guardians out was too much damage loss. with pulling we never got below 10% with 3rd empowering.

when we zerged we got him down short before the 2nd shadow. the adds were all tanked by myself (warrior)
    German guy speaking bad english :/

Thanks for all the advice guys, the zerg seems like the way to go.

I think we complicated it up to much and it just didn't end up working.

Got it Zerging, definitely seems to be the best way to go.

Phase 2 is a bitch if you have some bad RNG like we did, and it's fairly essential to get it in two phases and still allow time for tentacles to be killed before starting p3.

Phase 3 started, burnt him down and at around 23-25% I popped Hero to allow healers to get more use out of it when the adds stack up.

How different is Alone compared to one light ?

We are currently ticking off the Metas for the Drake, upto Mimi yesterday with hopefully Mimiron and General down tonight.

Was thinking it might be worth our while just going for Alone rather than trying one light. Its all new to us and we have yet to try either. Should we get one light down before we try for alone ? Or just jump in and try for Alone.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

I know this isnt the topic for this but, what does RNG mean :P

Straight up One Light to be honest, it's a lot different to Alone in the Dark.

One Light is all about Phase 2, and if it's your first few goes on One Light it can be a bit difficult compared to normal.
    Where as when trying Alone it's kind of important you know Phase 2 mechanics and get it done as soon as possible because Phase 3 is where it gets real hectic.

Phase 3 on One Light is just a walk in the park, take your time and /win.

Quote Originally Posted by opath
    Random Number Generator.
    It's basically what Phase 2 is based off.

Gz bainz and co, finally got my 10 man drake (due to lack of 10 man ulduar raiding time I've only done past freya twice now haha - i dont think i even have in his house 10 man)

this is something I'll be trying next time i go for yogg tho tbh, as i'd like to try AitD

1 light the RNG for phase 1+2 was pretty nasty, and most of our wipes were due to portal people being grabbed etc,i think maybe iplayed my part wrong which made it harder than it should have been, but i was so determined not to get MC i just stood there hittign guardians when they came and spammoingg FoK i the middle so my dps was poor, looking back I could have afforded more time on the boss to shorten this phase for us, but with 9 minutes left when we got there, there was no rush, i only faced and dps'd him when i had CD's

any more tip you got for us trying AitD? I've p[icked up some nice hielp already, but a little more would be apppreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by zahoan
    about what class to play, i see players here are giving advices:
    mage - i donno how it's high lvl but my mage of lvl 30 is with a lot of downtime for mana(mages are like irish warriors, drink fight and drink and fight)

Hey Wulfen, grats on the drake!

Alone in the Darkness is tricky, you lose something like 20% Damage?
    You've got to have a fairly perfect excution of Phase 1 and 2 with the brain dead in a recommended two portals.
    However, try not to kill the brain if there are still tentacles around, wait til they are all dead before hitting the last %.

Phase 3 starts and basically your healers stand near to the tank and you're tank has to pick them all up.
    We had him tank it 20-30 yards away from us and then just burn the boss.
    We burnt Yogg down til around 20-25% and then popped Hero and burnt him.
    At around 15% the damage the tank recieves starts to get insane and he needs to use his cooldowns and hope the DPS can get Yogg down.
    Our tank died at around 2% on Yogg.

Quote Originally Posted by opath
    RNG - Random Number Generator, generally referring to pretty random events which can either go in your favour or go really badly, or can just refer to loot in that the RNG can be said to be against you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.