Poll: Do you think my dudu is geared enough to do ToGC10 as MT?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: To Tank ToGC10 or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Shenshu
    We do 3 impales on normal mode with no issue. I haven't seen how much more damage the impale does at 3 on heroic since we've only tried two, so I guess next time we attempt it we'll go for 3 and see how it goes. I'll also try your suggestion of when to use BoP/DP.
    If you have a paladin healer, just go with 2 impales per tank on both normal and heroic; have the paladin beacon one tank and heal the other. Even if not, I'd be tempted to say that the damage you save by bubbling / BoPing off one impale isn't worth the extra damage you take the rest of the fight from 3 stacks of bleed.

Something I haven't tried yet is to position close to the side of the Dreadscale tank when Dreadscale is in the ground that way I can get to the burning bile quicker. Although, it seems when Dreadscale is entrenched, he seems to put burning bile on people randomly rather than constantly on the tank.
    Yep -- whichever worm is in the ground spits their debuff randomly. Whichever worm is mobile puts it only on the tank. The bile fades off the Dreadscale tank before the first application of Acidmaw poison on that tank, and Acidmaw puts up the poison several seconds before Dreadscale will cast his first bile on a random person, so either you bubble or pop cooldowns to survive until the bile target can run to you.

The real issue is the P1 to P2 transition for us I think. I think the idea of the bleeds still ticking after he dies may be getting us.
    I've made a habit of calling out verbally how many debuffs both tanks have, so the healers are aware of who's going to be taking what kind of damage. I think it helps quite a bit to get everyone on the same page.

On one hand I'm kinda hoping it's a gear issue that's holding us back, but at the same time I can't do much about it unless I pug 25 man for better stuff, even though I'm not too impressed with the itemization of it over stuff I've gotten in 10 man. If it's not gear, then we'll have to work out whatever kinks we're having as a group.
    In my 25-man, we hit a brick wall at beasts for a while, then all of a sudden everything magically worked out and we've never had trouble since. For us, it was some combination of gradually acquiring gear upgrades and getting everybody to move as a group. You'll get it, don't worry.

it's not the spew that's killing you is it? On hard mode that's massive damage and healers have to be prepared for it.

Yeah, we have it set where ranged move up to the melee to lower/eliminate travel time to kill snobolds. It gets tricky with a healer because you don't want them to be in range of a stomp and get spell locked, so melee typically run to them.

We do 3 impales on normal mode with no issue. I haven't seen how much more damage the impale does at 3 on heroic since we've only tried two, so I guess next time we attempt it we'll go for 3 and see how it goes. I'll also try your suggestion of when to use BoP/DP.

Everything on the worms is pretty standard for us. Everyone stays spread out away from the fronts of the worms and move to the Dreadscale tank if they get paralyzed. (or iceblock/cloak of shadows when applicable) In normal I'm typically the Acidmaw tank and I always get paralyzed when Acidmaw comes out of the ground and usually have to bubble it off. Something I haven't tried yet is to position close to the side of the Dreadscale tank when Dreadscale is in the ground that way I can get to the burning bile quicker. Although, it seems when Dreadscale is entrenched, he seems to put burning bile on people randomly rather than constantly on the tank.

We're running this tonight on normal at the very least so I'll try the positioning to see if that helps any better there. The real issue is the P1 to P2 transition for us I think. I think the idea of the bleeds still ticking after he dies may be getting us.

Obviously we haven't gotten to Icehowl yet, but that shouldn't be much harder minus the not dying to charge part.

On one hand I'm kinda hoping it's a gear issue that's holding us back, but at the same time I can't do much about it unless I pug 25 man for better stuff, even though I'm not too impressed with the itemization of it over stuff I've gotten in 10 man. If it's not gear, then we'll have to work out whatever kinks we're having as a group.
    We have our Dreadscale tank run around the worm in a circle after the spew and it helps people get out of poison very quickly.

Another big problem you may have with people dying on the worms is if casters or melee are grouped up too close. If the bile gets on either one of them and they're grouped up then you're gonna have a good amount of raid damage.

What's a dudu ?

NVM.. got it...

Quote Originally Posted by Hella
    What's a dudu ?
    a furry creature that everyone likes to take advantage of :S

hmm, oddly enough THAT dudu is spot on!