As far as
    Quote Originally Posted by Bannedyo
    L2p issue thread is L2p issue thread...
    goes. Failtroll is fail.
    Specs: I5 3570K - GTX 670 - 8 gb ram
    My youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/aldrashan

Re: Arena - Luck or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkis2001
    There is an aspect of chance or luck in arena in the sense that some comps do better on certain maps or that some teams are better against others.

For example I run Destro/Rogue and we own a lot of teams, have good matches with others and then just are lolpwned with some. It's par for the course. I ran into a double Bladestorm Warrior team at 1850 the other day. How the hell they get that high I'll never know but that is a nearly impossible team for our comp to beat. But then we see Mage/Warlock teams and we think "Oh yay! A free win!"

See what I mean? Double Warrior might be cake for other setups whereas Mage/Warlock might be hell. That is what I think of as luck in arena and thus support the title of this post. =D
    if theres enough retards on one night, yea i spose a dual warr team could probly rofl stomp about 30 teams in dalaran or lordaeron arena.. but yeh wtf lol

and yea i play with a rogue as a destro lock and its fun sumtimes and yeh frustrating at others.. but it takes practice and a few scrubs on opposing side to get by
    "A real man makes his own luck" - Billy Zane, Titanic.

Twos are not as balanced as 3's and I enjoy 3's more then 2's in Wotlk at least (s3 glad from 2's :P.) Plain and simple you suck and arena is not for you so stop your QQing, watch some videos, and get some skill. You lost, its your fault, and next time win.

what you're saying is you can l2p while stunned?
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Arena - Luck or what?

To me Arena is based around CC, burst, and facerolling.

Teams that have a good amount of CC, say 2v2 Rogue/Frostmage. Can keep either your dps or your healer CC'd till the other player is dead. Unless you bubble it up <Paladin Flames here.> 3v3, Rogue,Mage,Priest - Still one of the better 3s combos, yes? Two CC's plus a healer that's hard to kill. 5v5? I don't do 5v5.

Burst, now burst is another reason why I hate arena 50% of the time, the other 1% of the time I'm winning and the other 49% of the time I'm being CC'd to death. Numbers, yep.
    RNG > You. Destro lock and Destro shaman on your threes or 5s? Zomg, can almost instantly one shot someone,
    Edit: Elemental Shaman.
    Burst isn't THAT migrated by Resil I think, in PvP gear I get crit for 16k at times from a Destro lock, and 18k in my PvE gear. Soo, 2k differnce seem's to low to me.

Facerolling, there's plenty of faceroll teams out there. PMR, MR for two. And classes. Ret Pally, Destro Lock, elemental shaman, Enhance shaman, frost mage, combat rogues.

/thread.

Note: Serious. :l

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrashan
    So i've been doing arena for the last 2 hours with me (a resto shaman) and an arms warrior.
    Apart from being able to kick some ass against other teams the first hour, we met like 45165413651 dual dps teams, faceroll teams and yes boosting teams.

Why is it that dual dps can kill me or my warrior in less than ~8 seconds...
    Against a rogue: i get sapped because i can't get into combat.. Rogue opens on warrior and the 2nd dps lolzorPEWPEWLAZERS him down. I can't trinket the sap because i'm getting a blind in my face. Match lost.

Against a warrior: Mortal strike => bladestorm => lololololol => +16 rating for them. Oh yeah, the second dps is killing me too.

Mages: Do i need to even say anything...

RM teams: So fun, just, so fun.

Let me draw it for you: We both get in combat so he can't sap. Rogue opens on me. Blind/Polymorph on warrior. Warrior trinkets.
    Warrior polymorphed again/Blinded. I've taken about ~15146531684163 dmg the first 10 seconds.
    'Hey look, a dead shaman! Lol, awesome job.'

Why is arena even fun anymore... 3v3 isn't much better if you are a Rshaman tbh... Sigh, any advice?
    Should i myself go dual dps or sth...?
    P.S. Shamans are so much fun to play! /sarcasm

sigh... your just terribad, whining 'bout mage-rogue is just hilarious tbh. Whining bout boost teams is even more hilarious since usually the guy whos getting boosted is realy realy bad geared and just dinged etc, I meet terribads like you everyday when im boosting 2's and we're winning most of the teams because they're just terribads just like you, sadly.

Depends what you call "luck"

certainly arena is all based on the Make-up of the opposing team.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrashan
    So i've been doing arena for the last 2 hours with me (a resto shaman) and an arms warrior.
    Apart from being able to kick some ass against other teams the first hour, we met like 45165413651 dual dps teams, faceroll teams and yes boosting teams.

Why is it that dual dps can kill me or my warrior in less than ~8 seconds...
    Against a rogue: i get sapped because i can't get into combat.. Rogue opens on warrior and the 2nd dps lolzorPEWPEWLAZERS him down. I can't trinket the sap because i'm getting a blind in my face. Match lost.

Against a warrior: Mortal strike => bladestorm => lololololol => +16 rating for them. Oh yeah, the second dps is killing me too.

Mages: Do i need to even say anything...

RM teams: So fun, just, so fun.

Let me draw it for you: We both get in combat so he can't sap. Rogue opens on me. Blind/Polymorph on warrior. Warrior trinkets.
    Warrior polymorphed again/Blinded. I've taken about ~15146531684163 dmg the first 10 seconds.
    'Hey look, a dead shaman! Lol, awesome job.'

Why is arena even fun anymore... 3v3 isn't much better if you are a Rshaman tbh... Sigh, any advice?
    Should i myself go dual dps or sth...?
    P.S. Shamans are so much fun to play! /sarcasm

im afraid that is how 2v2 arena is.
    the third or fourth place in the MLG tournament at Anaheim was a restoshaman playing, the best ive ever seen and that was on tournament realm. but resto shamans in 3s are fine. find a working setup and u WILL go high.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Warlocks are not based on any skill, it´s just lolfearstunseducefacerollwin, they can all do die in a fire
    (melee here)

From my experience running 2's (im arms running with both a resto druid or destro lock depending on who is on), resto shamans are best when they play with another class that can cc (resto/mage is usually teh toughest for our comp). The thing is, whenever we see a shaman (with the only exception being restoshaman/rogue teams), he is automatically our main target. Lets face it, shamans are pretty squishy. sorry to say it, but warrior resto-shammy isnt a very good comp. Warriors do best when their other team member has the ability to take care of themselves (ie resto-druids can shapeshift).

Resto-shammys get better as your team gets bigger. Ive seen some dominant 5's teams that use resto shammys and are almost untouchable because of it. Especially in larger fights, totems really begin to play a significant role in boosting a teams ability to win.

This coming from a warrior who got glad ranking from 2s running this comp.

War/RestoSham pretty much relies on the warrior dominating the fight. If the warrior isn't putting enough pressure out then the shaman has to play defensively.

Offensive shaman = GG!

Although vs double dps teams it pretty much relies on the warrior getting off a bladestorm while they are on the shaman. Or the warrior getting off a shield wall before the team has time to jump the warrior.

Also abuse pillars vs RM pretty much anytime isn't RoV you should have a chance against RM. RoV is pretty much on how bad the RM team is and looking for openings in how bad they are playing.
    WEWENTWESS GWALLDATIROR CASUALTY

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Casualty

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Cowsualty

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by smartAXE
    what you're saying is you can l2p while stunned?
    essentially, yes. When I get stunned, there is a ton of things that go through my head.
    What cooldowns do I have (to help me survive this stun)
    Can I live through this stun?
    What cooldowns does the opponent have to kill me during this stun
    is he going to do something right after that is going to negate me me trinketing this stun?

You can do a lot to be preemptive in CC. When I play against a warrior, I know when to expected bladestorm, and with other classes, I know when to expect burst.

i loled this thread, the shaman ask for advice and as soon as he get one he just says gtfo, so dont get the point of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Evilution
    Warlocks are not based on any skill, it´s just lolfearstunseducefacerollwin, they can all do die in a fire
    (melee here)
    Every melee in the game has more than a fair shot at shutting down a warlock... and I'm not sure if you've played one but they are far from faceroll. If so I need a bigger face to reach all my keybinds. :-[
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!