Lock Hybrid Spec? Possibilities?

Hello fellow Warlocks! After much time spent infront of talent calculaters, going over thottbot spellbook lists, reading threads about current pros and cons of warlock PvP, and PvPing quite succesfully with, against, and as a warlock since the days of level 60, I have come up with a possible Hybrid spec that could allow us to take an amazing amount of damage while on the run and being trained by dreadful melee cleave teams. With feedback and contrsuctive critisisim of the warlock community, I believe I could make this spec, or a variation of this spec Succesful.

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...01300000000000

0/43/28 A demonology Destruction Hybrid.

Pros

-High Defense!

*Constant 36% Reduced Damage from ALL sources. (Soul link Glyph + Felguard)

*66% reduced magic damage with Nether Protection.

*10% increased Stamina and 3% maximum health.

*3% less chance to be critically hit.

-Increased Crit Percent

*18% extra crit from talents alone.

*300% improved spellstones, thats atleast an extra 5% crit from Firestone.

*Improved Shadowbolt gives ANOTHER 5% crit on the affected target for everyone!

-Felguard

*High Damage and a free stun!

-Fel Domination

*For those who don't understand, almost instant summon for your demons.

-High Spell power from Demonic Knowledge

*Your Felguard is given a huge percent of your stats naturally. Use them again!

With your talents improving your offensive spell stats so much, it allows you to Enchant and Gem for pure defensive stats, such as Stamina and/or Resilience, which increases your survival rate greatly, and makes your Felguard more powerful, and in turn raising your offensive states even more due to Demonic Knowledge.

Other Option! Your defense is already incredibly high, Enchant and Gem for spellpower and crit, raising your offensive stats PAST what other warlock in equal gear could possibly reach.

Cons

-Lack of on demand Burst

*Your main spell Shadowbolt has a long spell cast.

*Burst requires melee to be hitting you for Backlash procs.

-Demon Dependant

*Loseing your demon will reduce your Defensive and Offensive stats greatly

*The Felguard is also a decent chunk of your damage.

I have yet to fully test this spec at level 80 or in decent level 80 epics at that. At my Warlock alts current level 76, I am surviving incredibly well and the spec is proofing to be very durable. With my current gear I have been able to hit other players for back to back 5k+ Shadowbolts with Curse of Elements, followed by 3.5k Shadowburns all while my Felguard continuesly hits for 1k+. Rogues open up on me only to find they cant drop me below 60% by the time I wait out Kidney Shot, and by that point my Felguard as already put in alot of work on their squishy ass.

If nothing else, I could see this spec working for fresh 80 Warlocks who dont have the luxury of High Resil and Stam PvP gear, who still want to do Arenas without constant thoughts of suicide due to insta gib matches.

Thoughts... Opinions?

TLDR? = http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...01300000000000

Discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pos View Post
    WoW is my shameful secret. Like a mistress. or a child.

Re: Lock Hybrid Spec? Possibilities?

this could probably be a comination id like to play, i just loooove the felguard and so far ive hated to be instagibbed all the time. think this could fit my playstyle.
    Soon to hit my first char to 80, yes ofc its a lock, first char over 30 accualy...so i dont know the game very well yet, though i have friends who play so i will be able to gear up pretty "well". but until then i think i will get this a shot. never specced any point in destro yet so it will be a new experience for me.