Not doing the DPS i should be

Hello all. I have been having a bit of trouble with my DK not doing the DPS it should. Other DK in the same guild is doing more then me with Worse gear. Getting around 3.7 dps and upto 4K at times. really should be higher. we are specked the same for Blood and my rotation is currently

IT PS HS HS DS DC HS HS HS HS REPEAT.

Build
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/talent-...00000000000000

Char
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...&gn=BlackAdder

dunno if i need more hit? but trying to put Strength gems in place where possible to increase AP.

Any help really appreciated.

Character name Imspartacus on Nordrassil EU

Re: Not doing the DPS i should be

The correct rotation is

PS IT HS HS DS DC DUMP
    DS HS HS HS HS DC DUMP

thats it

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    The correct rotation is

PS IT HS HS DS DC DUMP
    DS HS HS HS HS DC DUMP

thats it
    When you say 'DC' thats actually a part of the dump. So skip the 'DC' part and just go with 'DUMP'

Rot1: PS - IT - HS - HS - DS - Dump
    Rot2: DS - HS - HS - HS - HS - Dump
    Rot1 again.

Deleted

And another thing.
    If you are raiding ToC, go Unholy. It IS better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganthar
    When you say 'DC' thats actually a part of the dump. So skip the 'DC' part and just go with 'DUMP'

Rot1: PS - IT - HS - HS - DS - Dump
    Rot2: DS - HS - HS - HS - HS - Dump
    Rot1 again.
    ummm no

if you have 20 rp and you dodge as dps you should always runestrike and because you have only 20 its a dump

your rotation isn't right, the one linked above should be correct

ummm no

if you have 20 rp and you dodge as dps you should always runestrike and because you have only 20 its a dump

I lol'd
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    The sim is correct, it isn't generally well known but war token really is a six thousand dps increase over deaths choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericdaroude
    I lol'd
    seconded

So your telling me a runestrike for 12k and 20 rp on the occasional add aggro or boss whirl is a dps loss? Or did i misread you lol

So your telling me a runestrike for 12k and 20 rp on the occasional add aggro or boss whirl is a dps loss? Or did i misread you lol
    Actually... It's not that simple. Runestrike is a "next melee" ability, as in it replaces one of your auto attack swings. So the actual runestrike portion out of that 12k is something like 4-5kdmg. What I mean here is that by using runestrike and spending 20rp, your melee swing only hits around 4,5k harder, definately NOT 12k. For runestrike to be worth it, this added damage must be atleast 50% of the damage a death coil would deal. For frost and unholy specs, spending your runic power on runestrike is actually a DPS loss unless it happens to proc while you're soaking RP with AMS.

Now as for blood: the runestrike would very likely hit for over 50% of death coils damage since you're stacking ArP. HOWEVER, If you have only 20rp and you use RS at the end of rotation 1 just like you're suggesting, you will be at 0 runic power when you start rotation 2 which begins with DS, and your deathstrike won't benefit from glyph of death strike at all because you have no RP left. This means using runestrike in the way you suggested is, as a matter of fact, a dps loss.

I don't know how much your Melee swings are hitting for but a Rune strike is about 8k damage stacked on top of my normal melee damage, which, for blood, is more damage than a Death coil.

Its definetely valid to spend RP on a RS over a DC. Even if it means you miss out on a DC because of a lack in RP. (Assuming you keep at least enough RP for DS glyph.)

BTW, Bringing up unholy and Frost in a thread about blood is pointless, so stop it.

Well lets look at it like this

once ur diseases bouto to fall off and you have 100 rp

2 dc and a rune strike

then you apply your diseases for 20 rp

i think 1 rune strike and -5% ds damage due to the glyph would be WAY worth it

generally if it crits as blood rune strike is my biggest hitting attack over 15k with self buffs and hysteria when death strike self buffe is around 11k with hysteria

So what melee swings are you dodging as dps?

Quote Originally Posted by acidragoon
    So what melee swings are you dodging as dps?
    lets see....
    Snobolds
    worm whirl
    icehowl whirl
    jaraxxus adds
    faction champs
    anub buggers.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dreager_ex
    I don't know how much your Melee swings are hitting for but a Rune strike is about 8k damage stacked on top of my normal melee damage, which, for blood, is more damage than a Death coil.

Its definetely valid to spend RP on a RS over a DC. Even if it means you miss out on a DC because of a lack in RP. (Assuming you keep at least enough RP for DS glyph.)

BTW, Bringing up unholy and Frost in a thread about blood is pointless, so stop it.
    Perhaps you should re-read what I wrote. Basically you are trying to "correct" me and then you end up saying the same stuff I did. I said it is not worth it to use rs in the manner that was proposed earlier, exactly for the reasons you are stating: it would take you down to 0 RP for your next death strike and thus it would be a DPS loss. Anyway... 8k? Do your melee swings crit for 15k regularly or what?

Thanks all for the comments. so i need to fully dump my Rp using a dc dc and a RS when the DRW is not available.

Melee strikes are around 4 -5K ish dunno if my hit needs to be a little higher bit swapping a few crit gems to take into account more spell hit.

Oops crit for around 9 - 12K but not that often. especially after the greatness card pops and can get 22K in ToC HC with heroism and greatness card proc.

Do you think its wort swapping my crit gems for strength? cant just be the rotation? or is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Andybiff
    Hello all. I have been having a bit of trouble with my DK not doing the DPS it should. Other DK in the same guild is doing more then me with Worse gear. Getting around 3.7 dps and upto 4K at times. really should be higher. we are specked the same for Blood and my rotation is currently

IT PS HS HS DS DC HS HS HS HS REPEAT.

Build
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/talent-...00000000000000

Char
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...&gn=BlackAdder

dunno if i need more hit? but trying to put Strength gems in place where possible to increase AP.

Any help really appreciated.

Character name Imspartacus on Nordrassil EU

Andy, your rotation is off.
    As people said prior to my post, you should be doing the following...
    Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Deathstrike, Dump, Deathstrike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Dump

As for your gems, Use the Relentless meta, a Nightmare Tear in the piece of gear which has the biggest socket bonus (strength), and ALL BOLD CARDINAL RUBIES for every other slot. Strength is your best stat... stick with it.

In an AoE scenario, swap a Pestilence in for Heartstrike just before your diseases wear off. If there are 5 or more mobs nearby, use Blood Boil instead of Heart Strike.

You can macro Rune Strike with your Death Strike so you never have to worry about using it, becuase the macro will cast it every time you cast Death Strike.

Macro-
    /cast Deathstrike
    /cast !Rune Strike

Lastly, go to the elitist jerks web site for the most in depth info on you class. They keep it up to date with everything you will want to know. It is a great place for people such as yourself to learn your capabilites and strengths.