Demonology execute

Greetings

When a boss goes under 35%, is it worth keeping your dots up(immolate, corruption and agony depending on the duration of the fight) or do you just shadowbolt > soulfire > shadowbolt > soulfire?

At the moment I refresh my dots at 36% and I just spam shadowbolt > soulfire > shadowbolt > soulfire.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terenas&n=Pallieter (retired)

Re: Demonology execute

I dont know the answer but i do the same as you.

Oh and if the SB>SF thing gets screwed up by say having to dodge flames then i will take the the time to re up the dots unless the boss is only on a few percent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

Shadow-weaving is going to be your best thing to do there. Breaking that weaving pattern to cast dots will lower your dps. Ideally, you want to refresh your dots right before the 35% mark and then begin your shadow-weaving rotation. Now, when 3.3 hits, that's all going to go out the window. You won't have to have a shadow-weaving rotation; you'll just shoot out a few shadowbolts and then cast soulfire until the mob dies a horrible and entirely justified death.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOfTheRood
    Shadow-weaving is going to be your best thing to do there. Breaking that weaving pattern to cast dots will lower your dps. Ideally, you want to refresh your dots right before the 35% mark and then begin your shadow-weaving rotation. Now, when 3.3 hits, that's all going to go out the window. You won't have to have a shadow-weaving rotation; you'll just shoot out a few shadowbolts and then cast soulfire until the mob dies a horrible and entirely justified death.
    Will decimation still proc on hit? Or will it now be on cast?
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Well not sure about ur question but im pretty sure already is no worth playing demo in pve ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Amiklord
    Well not sure about ur question but im pretty sure already is no worth playing demo in pve ;D
    http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t45693-d..._personal_dps/

Basically, a 1k personal dps loss is worth the extra SP you provide to the raid.

and here is the max, theoretical dps a lock in different specs would do in 3.3 with BiS ToC
    http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t48311-s...s_3_3_numbers/

Quote Originally Posted by Pallieter
    Greetings

When a boss goes under 35%, is it worth keeping your dots up(immolate, corruption and agony depending on the duration of the fight) or do you just shadowbolt > soulfire > shadowbolt > soulfire?

At the moment I refresh my dots at 36% and I just spam shadowbolt > soulfire > shadowbolt > soulfire.
    Keep your dots up. Refresh them after you cast soulfire though, not shadowbolt so you can keep going 1:1.

Quote Originally Posted by Amiklord
    Oh my....

Quote Originally Posted by Merckx
    Keep your dots up. Refresh them after you cast soulfire though, not shadowbolt so you can keep going 1:1.
    No you cast your dots after a shadowbolt to ensure the deci proc stays up to continue your 1:1

It is very important to keep your dots up as MC has a higher % to proc which will increase your SF hits/crits

Deci has a 9 sec duration so it is very easy to delay your SF. Then hit a shadow bolt, apply corr/immo hit your shadow bolt again then SF>SB>SF>SB etc. this does not hinder your 1:1 duration as all it does is lengthen the time between your SF. Also does not create a 2:1 at all in order to apply your dots. I have been doin this succesfully for a large period of time now.

One thing to note always make sure you are puttin a new decimation up before you apply your dots and that you have used the old deci before casting SB.

God im awful at explanations. But hope you can make sense of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician

No you cast your dots after a shadowbolt to ensure the deci proc stays up to continue your 1:1
    If you recast dots after a shadow bolt, then you are going to waste/overwrite a decimation proc and you are going to have to start over with 2x shadowbolt after the dots are up.

If you recast dots after a shadow bolt, then you are going to waste/overwrite a decimation proc and you are going to have to start over with 2x shadowbolt after the dots are up.
    No, for you had already used up the deci proc before casting the SB before you apply your dots. Generally my deci which was generated by casting the SB before my dots has about 5 secs left after immo is cast. Then i cast another SB before using the original deci proc which was at 5 secs remaining. Once I cast the SB, i instantly use up my deci proc by thus casting SF, by the time SF has cast my SB is .3 of a sec away from hittin the target if im 30 yards away. this allows me to continue my 1:1 duration.

That any way more clear? On the PTR's its different as deci can proc from SF but currently that is the only way to ensure you have a 1:1 weave while continuing to apply your dots.

No, for you had already used up the deci proc before casting the SB before you apply your dots. Generally my deci which was generated by casting the SB before my dots has about 5 secs left after immo is cast. Then i cast another SB before using the original deci proc which was at 5 secs remaining. Once I cast the SB, i instantly use up my deci proc by thus casting SF, by the time SF has cast my SB is .3 of a sec away from hittin the target if im 30 yards away. this allows me to continue my 1:1 duration.

That any way more clear? On the PTR's its different as deci can proc from SF but currently that is the only way to ensure you have a 1:1 weave while continuing to apply your dots.
    Its not any more clear, probably because its still wrong.

The travel time for shadow bolt is shorter than the time it takes to cast a dot and a soulfire. That means that you will waste a decimation proc and be forced to restart with 2x SB if you try to recast your dots after a SB.

Its not any more clear, probably because its still wrong.

The travel time for shadow bolt is shorter than the time it takes to cast a dot and a soulfire. That means that you will waste a decimation proc and be forced to restart with 2x SB if you try to recast your dots after a SB.
    907 haste here with spellstone, that make it any more clear?

And no, yet again you misunderstood what i said, ok so the rotation i use to cast my dots without losin a deci proc is:

SB>corr>immo>SB>SF>SB>SF>SB etc. that make sense now?

You said it yourself:

SB>corr>immo>SB

That is 2 SB after each other, you will lose the first SB's decimation proc.

Instead, you could just do SF->corr->immo->SB->SF, because when you end the weaving to refresh dots, there will be a Deci proc up, so you can just start your SB->SF all over w/o casting 2 SBs after each other.

For the op: yes, refresh your dots sub 35%, with the rotation above.

907 haste here with spellstone, that make it any more clear?

And no, yet again you misunderstood what i said, ok so the rotation i use to cast my dots without losin a deci proc is:

SB>corr>immo>SB>SF>SB>SF>SB etc. that make sense now?
    you didn't show enough spells. This is what your sequence actually looks like:

SB1
    decimate already up from earlier SB
    SF using decimate from earlier SB
    SB2
    SB1 lands and you get a new decimate
    SF using decimate from SB1
    SB3
    SB2 lands and you get a new decimate
    corr
    immo
    SB3 lands and you get a new decimate OVERWRITING THE DECIMATE FROM SB2
    SB4
    SF using the decimate from SB3

You are wasting a decimate. Instead, you should be casting another SF before the corruption which would use the decimate from SB2 and then SB 3 lands while you are putting up dots and then you go right back to SB>SF.

Yes i stand corrected, the only situation where my rotation would be effective is if you hadnt been in a 1:1 weave before the dots are about to wear off.