Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Price of Titansteel - Will it rise?

Quote Originally Posted by Kugz
    I've already talked to a few guilds on my realm, and they're interested in bulk titansteel next patch (to the person who said "Blah Blah don't you think they would of farmed it").
    ROFL. Yes I'm sure they said they'd rather wait till next patch to buy your titansteel bars, know why? Because they know it will be cheaper. That's why they don't want to buy from you right now. You see these guilds are smarter than you.

Oh btw, just sold 20 bars @ 240g/ea, they were 130 yesterday.

Ta ta!
    This thread is about if titansteel prices will change NEXT PATCH, so what you just said there is 100% pointless to this thread. As prices of everything go up and down depending on the day of the week. Hint weekday vs weekends. You are acting like you were right and titansteel bar prices skyrockted due to this patch that guess what... hasn't came out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by fugc
    I think this is the best answer for this thread. If the cost of titanium ore doesnt drop alot in next patch, price of titansteel will go up due to the high demand for crafted items.

However, price of titansteel may also remain the same or goes for a lower price if cost of titanium ore drops dramatically.
    Titanium ore prices will go way down, cooldown is being removed.

There will be no demand for the new crafted item 264 gear, you know why? Because the mats that drop from raids will be 50k gold, just like crusader orbs were 5k gold each x8 orbs needed = 40k in mats from raid drops. There is no market for people who spend 40-50k an item period. Once prices drop like crusader orbs are now 400g, sure NOW people are interested in getting those items crafted as they can afford the 6k price tag, down from 50k.

Once again there will be LESS DEMAND for item 200, item 226 crafted epics (5 man ToC gives item 200 / 219) and the new 5 mans coming next patch drop better gear than what you'd get crafted. Because their prices will pretty much stay the same. However item 245 will come down in price because triumph badges will drop in price thus reducing crusader orb prices. Therefore the demand is purely for item 245 next patch, as no one will be able to afford the mats for item 264 for months till the raiding guilds actually drop the prices of the raid mats.

Do what you want with titansteel bars, I'm selling all mine off before the next patch. If you hold on to titansteel bars, I'll be the one buying them off you soon as patch drops them in price. Like the above post, I'm like the guilds that I will be happy to buy from you after the patch. But I sure won't buy them from you right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Craz

There will be no demand for the new crafted item 264 gear, you know why? Because the mats that drop from raids will be 50k gold, just like crusader orbs were 5k gold each x8 orbs needed = 40k in mats from raid drops. There is no market for people who spend 40-50k an item period. Once prices drop like crusader orbs are now 400g, sure NOW people are interested in getting those items crafted as they can afford the 6k price tag, down from 50k.

Once again there will be LESS DEMAND for item 200, item 226 crafted epics (5 man ToC gives item 200 / 219) and the new 5 mans coming next patch drop better gear than what you'd get crafted. Because their prices will pretty much stay the same. However item 245 will come down in price because triumph badges will drop in price thus reducing crusader orb prices. Therefore the demand is purely for item 245 next patch, as no one will be able to afford the mats for item 264 for months till the raiding guilds actually drop the prices of the raid mats.

Do what you want with titansteel bars, I'm selling all mine off before the next patch. If you hold on to titansteel bars, I'll be the one buying them off you soon as patch drops them in price. Like the above post, I'm like the guilds that I will be happy to buy from you after the patch. But I sure won't buy them from you right now.

Thanks for the info. I got 27 steels b4 my cousin robbed 8 of them from me yesterday. Guess I know what I am going to do with my steels now.

You obviously have no clue at all. There are a lot of people, with a lot of money. So there is a market for the 264 items, it's just not very large. I remember seeing at least 20 people on my realm last time that Crusader Orbs first became available, buying them for 4k each. Those are the people you take advantage of ^_^ sometimes it's about right place, right time.

And there will still be plenty of demand for the 200/226 items as well, we don't know what loot comes out of ICC 5 mans, remember that you can't get EVERYTHING from ToC 5 man, so those BOE epics fill in the gaps ^_^ not to mention that people will go and buy the titansteel weapons as soon as they hit 80, until they get new weapons. Or they buy the Titansteel shield wall, until they get the one from Caverns of Time. There's still A LOT of people, new players, that buy this kinda stuff.

While the 245 gear will come down in price to make, that also means the demand rises for the OTHER mats. Which are *shock horror* Titansteel bars. As the orbs get cheaper, more people WANT the gear, and therefore more people will be looking to buy Titansteel bars.

And I've already secured a way to make sure the price rises a bit next patch champ, and I've already negotiated a more-than-fair price with the two guilds <3 so please stop talkin' out your ass <3

I haven't seen in any patch notes that the Titansteel cooldown is getting removed, just the titanium.

Are YOU blind?
    You're right, I am blind

I was thinking of titanium for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by tekkitan
    You're right, I am blind

Yup, you are

Quote Originally Posted by Gigajot
    Yup, you are
    I admitted I was wrong. Did you really feel the need to reply to a thread you never even replied to just to say that?

Quote Originally Posted by tekkitan
    You're right, I am blind

Haha dw, I thought it was Titansteel too and so did my mates. Proof reading ftw!

There will be no demand for the new crafted item 264 gear, you know why? Because the mats that drop from raids will be 50k gold, just like crusader orbs were 5k gold each x8 orbs needed = 40k in mats from raid drops.
    That was, because Blizz forgot to make orbs available via emblems right after patch and implemented this way many weeks later.
    I believe, the new icecrown orb will be available with emblems of frost right after patch 3.3, or at least, when the first crafters reach the point of reputation to get the recipes for the new 264 items from the npc. About 1500 to 2k Gold für one new orb (saronite) is realistic then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumiko003
    That was, because Blizz forgot to make orbs available via emblems right after patch and implemented this way many weeks later.
    I believe, the new icecrown orb will be available with emblems of frost right after patch 3.3, or at least, when the first crafters reach the point of reputation to get the recipes for the new 264 items from the npc. About 1500 to 2k Gold für one new orb (saronite) is realistic then.
    Blizzard didn't forget.

Back in TBC, Primal Nethers dropped from heroics or if you were lucky off the last boss in a non heroic lvl 70 instance.
    In patch 2.1 they added them to vendor for 10 badge of justice.

Back in TBC, Nether Vortex were a raid drop only.
    Not till patch 2.4 did blizz allow you to buy them for 15 badges of justice.

In Patch 3.2 ToC was released hence crusader orbs started dropping from raids.
    In Patch 3.2.2 they added crusader orbs to vendors for 15 triumphs.

If they had "forgot" they could have easily hotfixed this within minutes, not months.

Titansteel Bars could rise a bit due to heavy demand.
    It will rise if and when the supply of exotic materials are large enough to allow a sharp increase in demand. Failing that, titansteel will fall, making it not really a good item to invest in, but if you can get bars on the cheap you should be able to resell at a moderate profit over the course of 3.3

Wowconomics : When pixels become serious stuff. :

Titanium will go way down. More nodes = more supply = flooding market = lowers prices. Also titanium transmute is being removed yes? The easier something is to get, the less value it has.
    This, once titanium transmute timer is removed ill personally flood the market
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabono
    Wowconomics : When pixels become serious stuff. :
    You aren't very smart are you, posting such things on a WoW discussion forum.

Prices of all crafting mats rise when new content is released. But for titansteel? Not for long, the transmute titanium loosing the CD will drop titansteels price overall.

Deleted

My guess is, it will not rise and if it does, not by much.
    The reason for it is titanium transmutes being taken off cooldown.

Currently they are so expensive because the titansteel transmute requres 3 titanium bars, which means 6 titanium ore, being worth 100g alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Prices of all crafting mats rise when new content is released. But for titansteel? Not for long, the transmute titanium loosing the CD will drop titansteels price overall.
    only if your server has a high percentage of progression raiders in relation to gatherers.

i invested in a variety of mats pre-ulduar anticipating a demand that didnt come until halfway through ToC. which then faded after a week or two when people started noticing the absurd prices i was getting.

for every new titansteel recipe added, there's one more being made obsolete by the new 5mans.

a decrease in titanium value will be most welcome, but im going to want to shed my existing stock before then.

Another factor to consider is where the recipe drops come from. If they really require Ashen Verdict rep to buy, then there's going to be a period of a few weeks where no one can get anything crafted because the only people with the rep to get the mats are the guys who spent all week doing a soft reset on ICC to farm the trash twice an hour.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hexus
    Probably going to see it spike a few weeks after patch drops as people start getting the primordial saronite together for the crafted items.

True