My unhittable set, what else can I get?

Well just because I save most of my old gear when upgrading until I know its totally unuseable, I also started building a set seeing how close I could get to 102.4%. I regemmed and reenchanted a couple of the items to allow them to be used in this set and im now very close to the magic number, problem is I feel my stam is low, well which it IS low but not sure how much HP is ok to lose to gain the fun value of a set such as this.

here is my armory - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gonmaw&n=Phyta

was just wondering what last few items I should be looking for to finish the set. I am thinking if I can find some SBR or better avoidance rings that might help, but also with both rings being 114 stam rings, im going to take a further stam hit. I can get the naxx boots that I think have both SBR and SBV on them, that will help, and getting a new MH should help also.

I think im at 95.88% (macro ingame says 95.88, my sig for some reason shows 91.88) in the set showed or so, when I throw in my i232 Quel'serrar (it has +26agi on it for the passive dodge) and it procs giving me another 4% which puts me at 99.88%. I had considered the Lavanthor's talisman but now im not even sure if it will give me more than my current trinkets toward the 102.4%

Also, I plan to regem the chest to have +20 def in both slots vs the +16 def now, and upgrade the shoulders to the epic 20 dodge, 15 def sons of hodir enchant, after the chest gems, and shoulder enchant, ill be just over 100% when the quelserrar procs.

what would you do in my shoes?
    Phyta-[H] Gorgonash - 85 Tauren Warrior - Beastmode Tanking / Arms Deeps
    Suberror-[H] Dragonmaw - 85 Undead Priest - Healing made Easy Holy MS [PvE] / Disc OS [PvP] 3824 resil

Re: My unhittable set, what else can I get?

naxx boots,
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45247,
    tbc head enchant,
    20def in all slots,
    agi on boots

Quote Originally Posted by Anuberak
    tbc head enchant,
    Regarding the TBC helm enchant, were you referring to:

16 defense rating, 17 dodge rating Keepers of Time revered (90g) ??.
    Suberror-[H] Dragonmaw - 85 Undead Priest - Healing made Easy Holy MS [PvE] / Disc OS [PvP] 3824 resil

Depends what you are using this set for. If it's old school content then your hp pool won't matter. And yes repalce repelling charge with the H VH shield block rating trinket. That trinket is best in slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyta
    Regarding the TBC helm enchant, were you referring to:

16 defense rating, 17 dodge rating Keepers of Time revered (90g) ??.
    Yes and change glove enchant to 20 agi as well as what the other guy mentioned. You unhittable set is pretty close to mine otherwise.

Well its gonan be fun for old school content, making it easy to go solo stuff 70 and lower, but I did want to get to the 102.4% and slowly regem for stam as I keep getting upgrades etc, was thinking of trying to tank the anub adds, hes the only boss we have yet to kill on HM

Well its gonan be fun for old school content, making it easy to go solo stuff 70 and lower, but I did want to get to the 102.4% and slowly regem for stam as I keep getting upgrades etc, was thinking of trying to tank the anub adds, hes the only boss we have yet to kill on HM
    I'd def stick with a normal high stam/parry/dodge set for tanking anub adds on hardmode since they hit for 10k from what I remember. Also if you are the add tank, and MT dies in phase 3 you'll want to be geared enough to taunt and tank.

Ok maybe im getting confused, is the unittable set needed for 10m hardmode or 25m hardmode? And when you said "I'd def stick with a normal high stam/parry/dodge set for tanking anub adds on hardmode since they hit for 10k from what I remember." that confused me.

If im building a SBR / SBV set, how can i stick with a normal high stam/parry/dodge set for tanking anub adds? We have cleared 10m HM but havent set foot in 25m HM yet, so I think I have been confused, would you mind clarifying for me which fight its needed for and what exactly happens?

Clipped from 25M Heroic Anub guide on Tankspot

Before even initiating combat with Anub’arak, there is a moderate amount of preparation work which must be done. First, nature resistance enchants should be acquired for the cloak and helmet slots on both offtanks as well as the main tank. The offtanks will benefit drastically from using specialized block-heavy equipment in this encounter. Due to the way increased-damage multiplier debuffs interact with blocked attacks, the effectiveness of block value is drastically increased for the offtanks in this encounter. Offtanks should strive to reach 101.6 percent combined avoidance and block chance on their character sheet, to ensure the level eighty-two crypt fiends will not inflict unblocked hits. This ensures damage is consistently reduced, rather than risking sudden surges of drastically increased damage.

Once the block-avoidance threshold is reached, increasing block value into the 3000-point range is ideal. Stamina is a surprisingly poor stat for the offtanks in this encounter. While the encounter is hypothetically possible and has been completed using deathknights or druids as offtanks, it significantly increases the damage the offtanks will be receiving, and thus the difficulty of the final phase.
    An Unhittable set is NOT needed for h10M Anub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

I feel an idiot, I never even thought to check tankspot....I guess being hungover at work, you miss some things. Anyhow its good to know I only need 101.6 vs 102.4 (hey every little bit I dont have to bump it up helps), and that some NR would help drastically also. Im pretty sure I can hit that without getting any more gear, just some regemming / enchanting when I get home should do it.

What im wondering is, while OTing is says stam is a very poor stat for this encounter. That got me to thinking that I wont be using a flask of stoneblood either, which opens up another option. I was thinking of switching in the 25m ony ring (the one with 115 stam, def and +30 all resist) and use a +50 all resist flask. That would be 50+30+druid buff, so id already have over 100 resist without even enchanting for it, and obviously if I can get any higher than needed avoidance wise, I could re-enchant the cloak for +NR ?? that sound like it might work?

I feel an idiot, I never even thought to check tankspot....I guess being hungover at work, you miss some things. Anyhow its good to know I only need 101.6 vs 102.4 (hey every little bit I dont have to bump it up helps), and that some NR would help drastically also. Im pretty sure I can hit that without getting any more gear, just some regemming / enchanting when I get home should do it.

What im wondering is, while OTing is says stam is a very poor stat for this encounter. That got me to thinking that I wont be using a flask of stoneblood either, which opens up another option. I was thinking of switching in the 25m ony ring (the one with 115 stam, def and +30 all resist) and use a +50 all resist flask. That would be 50+30+druid buff, so id already have over 100 resist without even enchanting for it, and obviously if I can get any higher than needed avoidance wise, I could re-enchant the cloak for +NR ?? that sound like it might work?
    You could also dual flask into Agility (dodge) and Protection (Armor); I'm unsure if that .4% dodge and +800 armor would out weigh the resist flask or not. >.>

Well I havent crunched the numbers but I thought the defense elixir rendered more avoidance than the agil one did, ive been eating +def elixirs and +40 agi/stam food. Thanks for pointing that out, im off work in 50 mins and cant wait to mix a few things up and see if I can get the magic number.

Keep it coming guys, I basically want to hit the 101.6 with the gear I have if at all possible, by regemming and reenchanting, that way any upgrades I get later (ring from XR, boots from naxx, trinket from H VH) I can regem for more stam/str piece by piece.

What else would this set possibly be good for, I mean like what is the highest level instance I could try to solo? ZG, ZA, MC etc etc? say im 101.6% or more (not that i need that much for sub level 82 mobs), what all does that open up if anything?

Well I havent crunched the numbers but I thought the defense elixir rendered more avoidance than the agil one did.
    It does, however Agility is Battle and Defense is Guardian. So, you can drink Agility and Protection OR Defense. Agility + Protection > Defense -- in some cases Agility + Protection > Frost Wyrm Flask.

I am the solo offtank tank for our guild and it works a treat, ok we haven't downed him yet but it isn't my fault or my gears fault. I sit at 27K unbuffed HP, I gem defense all round. You can use Defense & Agi Elixirs together and combined with agi food, Enhancement Shammies and a druid buff and kings. It is quite easy to hit the cap.

Try the following page, it is a godsend to all those aspiring to be the tank god of their guild:

http://tankspot.com/forums/f14/57048...ing-guide.html

P.S. If you don't believe it works try the same gear tanking the adds on KT naxx25 along with KT. It really trivialises boss encounters. It also turns the 10man Heroic version of anub into a bit of a joke.

Here is what I use.

http://chardev.org/?profile=312897

Some easy things you could get include:

Lavanthors Talisman (H-VH)
    Unbreakable Chestguard (Ulduar)
    Inexorable Sabatons (Naxx25)
    Necklace of Unerring Mettle (Ulduar)
    Signet of the Earthshaker (Ulduar BoE)
    Any upgrade in your shield/weapons slots.

Does the +10% chance to be missed count towards the 101.4%?

Quote Originally Posted by Kysimir
    Does the +10% chance to be missed count towards the 101.4%?
    Yes. Was proven by the rogue who tanked gruul / illidan etc at lvl 70 (he is from my server and I almost went to a raid where he was tanking). Who had the following:

76.31% dodge
    12.16% parry
    14.16% to be missed (scorpid sting + insect swarm)
    = 102.63%