Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: The "elitists" point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Ahpuch
    Finally, a thread which shows exactly how I feel.

...Something long winded...

Tl;dr... tl;dr? go fuck yourself
    Who cares if casuals get good gear? Grats on your ironbound pre-nerf bro. Serious.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

as the second poster stated: casuals have regular mode, elitist hardcores have hard mode.

Stop whining and epeen flexing when your armory says you haven't cleared the content, just because you think it is cool to do so.

... and spend more time in school, your spelling is atrocious, which leads me to think you are just trolling for attention! now ... :-X

Hmm so elitists are not happy and not liking this game...guess what they are free to leave the game. No one is forcing them to stay and play.

Oh and don't let the door hit on the way out.

Thanks,

This guy sounds like Chex!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Dragon nipples.

I'd like to point out that ToC was created from player feedback as to what people would be interested in seeing in an instance.

Quote Originally Posted by veemon_ro

They could of added ajzol nerub or a vyrkul raid, you know something as awesome as ulduar was. But instead you get a big circle with bosses throwned at you.
    So some trash mobs and a longer walkback after dying is what you are missing? Thats basically what you are saying here.

I'm so sick of the 50 million posts like this. We get it. TOC was shit. We know that. You know that. Blizzard knows that. As they have said, 3.2 was the PVP patch to introduce the new BG- if you want to blame anyone for the shittiness of TOC, blame PVPers- Blizzard for some reason feel like they need to assign time and resources to a subset of the game made for leet kiddies with ADD, so they chucked a placeholder instance at the PVE'ers while concentrating on the new BG.
    Naxx was a mistake, they've acknowledged this. I didn't see any complaints from the OP about Ulduar, because it was largely perfect in terms of difficulty- later bosses (Mim, Yogg etc) were hard enough to challenge average guilds for many weeks, even on normal mode (at gear levels that were available at the time of it's release). Hard Modes were some of the hardest content ever in WOW (I remember reading Ensidia's site after they downed Mimiron Hard Mode where they were saying it was the best tuned encounter ever, better even than pre-nerf M'uru). I fully expect ICC to be back to Ulduar quality level.

People really need to stop getting their panties in a bunch- just because the internet generation have developed attention spans measured in microseconds doesn't mean Blizzard have suddenly forgotten entirely how to develop raid instances. Ignore TOC- it was a filler. ICC will be back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by acidragoon
    You're mixing up the average joe with baddies

Pro - people who clear up to Anub in ToGC
    Average - People who arent retarded but dont do hardmodes extensively
    Bad - lolimastandinthefireanddo5dps

And the elitists have their hard content, Anub ToGC
    Pro - people who get signed to multi million dollar contracts to play the game, and get national media exposure just for playing World of Warcraft. So until you are a household name, no.

Average - People who play the game just for fun, and not care about "0MG I HAEV TOO GIT TEH SERVIR FRSIT ON ARTHAZLAWLHARDMODE"

Bad - people that think WoW = life, and think their self worth is based on their accomplishments in a video game. Elitist falls in this category too.

Blah blah blah.

Did you know that 2.04% of guild in the World have beat Heroic Anub'arak? All of those 2% of people must be the ones that come here and bitch about how easy the game is, otherwise they are just stupid.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Players who are pugging toc25 normal will be ready to kill a couple of bosses in icecrown when 3.3 comes out. Keep clearing the 25 man on heroic and your entire guild will be swimming in 258 by then, you will be more than ready to steamroll the normal modes.

Don't act like serious raiders don't have a gear advantage over casuals and bads because we do, and it's only one of many advantages that put us in a better position to clear difficult content than them.

And seriously, if you don't feel safe because other potentially bad players are getting gear 13 item levels below yours then you probably aren't as good as you think you are.
    This guy sums it all. Why the F*** do you care what other people wear? Are they in your guild? No. Do you play with them? No. THEN HOW DOES IT AFFECT YOU? You're not even clearing ToGC 25, so you're probably half as good as you pretend to be.

Also, ToC 25 PuGs? On most medium or low population servers you can't have a ToC25 PuG clear more than 3 bosses. (That's if you can get pass Northrend Beasts)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Toast515
    Pro - people who get signed to multi million dollar contracts to play the game, and get national media exposure just for playing World of Warcraft. So until you are a household name, no.

Average - People who play the game just for fun, and not care about "0MG I HAEV TOO GIT TEH SERVIR FRSIT ON ARTHAZLAWLHARDMODE"

Bad - people that think WoW = life, and think their self worth is based on their accomplishments in a video game. Elitist falls in this category too.
    The biggest and best sponsored guilds can't even pay the rent for a house from that money, so I'm not sure where you got the multi million dollar contracts idea from.

Quote Originally Posted by det
    Nah..it is like 3-5 of those guys, always making the same threads... :
    I love you. You're probably not too far from the truth actually. These forums are like the 4chan or the WoW community: full of self-absorbed basement-dwelling acne-ridden teens who barely ever see the sun. They believe Blizzard owes them everything and are quickly emasculated by a cat licking his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kileak
    The bad part about scrubs getting decently geared out with badges and crap, and I'm not talking about casual players that simply can't put the time to raid on a schedule, I'm talking about baddies that will never be in a decent guild since even pressing 3 buttons in the right order while not standing in fire is hard for them are geared.

And then we try to pug a few to do runs with our alts and you're stuck with these people that don't have a clue. Yet they got the gear. How do you know now who to invite when pugging...

Which is why I had asked for an account-bound player reputation system...

You ninja shit? You won't ever get invited again, even if you transfer.
    You play like a downy? Good luck finding groups.
    You act like a douche because being 30 and still a virgin sucks? Good luck being able to talk in trade channels etc.
    You spend most of your time AFK in battlegrounds? You can't join 'em anymore.

Problem solved.
    But you forget one important fact... the people who act like that are the people who make up like 80% of the game. If we "punished" those types of people, they would quit and Blizz would lose at least 80% of their revenue. I think that you may underestimate the number or jackasses and retards that play this game!
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Quote Originally Posted by ita
    Everything is too easy for average players so you can just faceroll through it and then hit the brick wall of hardmodes. Theres not much to do and no challenge.
    Taken this was the main point what OP stated, yet people like Shiira concentrate only on the gear THEY have, or what others have. Normal modes are too easy for average players yet hardmodes are where they should be (mostly). Hardmodes itself are like separated game, I open WoW to do dailies, chat with people, clear the instances and level up toons. Then I close WoW and open Hardmode.exe game, enter instance, and raid those hardmodes. It's like 2 different games, where in other theres only faceroll instances even for the casuals (as everything needs to be puggable and Joe has to sit in fire). They feel so separated from the wow, like someone said here "I dont think i know anyone who denies that 3.0 was a complete failure. It truly catered to casuals, not because it gave them access to equal gear but because it was easy as fuck and boring, only held one single encounter that you couldnt sleep through."

ToC is a matter of it's own, hardmodes are too easy in there, yet thats better for more average guilds since its better content for them while pro guilds can go on anub and insanity. Ulduar was bad for average: normal mode was almost as bad as naxx after they nerfed it. Many 'average' players have mentioned it, excluding yogg, ulduar normal was too easy while hardmodes were too hard for them. Even after that, ToC is too easy. Icc will be...?

to include TL;DR. It's not complaining about hardmodes, but the normalmodes being far away from normal blizzard level and under average level.
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

*starts up ToC 25 pug*

*sees a dps doing 2500 dps*

*replaces that bad dps*

U C WHUT I DID DER?

Quote Originally Posted by veemon_ro

Why would you waste and entire tier of raiding for that?
    They could of added ajzol nerub or a vyrkul raid, you know something as awesome as ulduar was. But instead you get a big circle with loot throwned at you.
    That is more like it

Quote Originally Posted by Sharaki
    Taken this was the main point what OP stated, yet people like Shiira concentrate only on the gear THEY have, or what others have.
    Actually I don't care too much about the gear, I am just stressing the point that people seem to be overlooking the fact that heroic gear is a fair bit better than normal mode gear, and that because of this raiding heroic modes now will put "elitists" or whatever you want to call us in a better position to clear icecrown.

If gear was my motivation for playing then I wouldn't be playing wow at all, I would be playing single player rpgs and cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodstream
    best 2nd post this could thread could have.

Ontopic:
    You claim to know that Blizz is really dissapointed about Naxx and ToC, but then again claim that they are turning this into a money-milking-machine?

Here's WoW-capitalism 101:
    Saying you agree with ppl that old content wasn't good wins fans for your cause, whether Blizzard actually agrees or not is out of the question.

Here's an idea: Blizz was comepletely satisfied with Naxx being released as it was, tough after "better" content was released they said that Naxx was too easy. (For blizz its a win-win situation, release half-assed content and still get the ppl agreeing with you when afterwards you claim it was indeed to easy)

So I agree with you that content could use more tuning, HOWEVER.....

Saying that the game is becomming less good, only because someone else can get gear easier, gear which isn't as good as yours, now that is just plain ....stupid!
    Why do other players care if billybob from down the street can get Ilevel219 gear from heroics when they themselves will never group up, seriously talk, or otherwise seriously engage with billybob?

Lets take this to an extreme:
    Imagine Blizzard putting BiS gear on a vendor for 1g each.

Why do you feel repulsed by this? Why do you need to stand above other players in this game? You will probably never raid or otherwise engage with them in WoW besdies the tradechat ramble.
    Why does doing a hardmode feel stupid to you when other ppl can get the same rewards as you for less work?
    Because you need to get over yourselves! Seriously, don't like that other ppl get the same gear but then easier? learn to ignore that! Seriously, having your "happiness" regarding a game being bound to someone else's "failing" in the same game is pretty damn pathetic!!! Unless it has a DIRECT impact on your life your overreacting. (direct affect: Someone gets an item, thereby making it impossible for you to ever get that, or even for a day or two)

CORE GAMERS ARE SELFISH GAMERS!!!! This is a friggin MMorpg, MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER online rpg........
    WoW;s target audience? The MASSES! The masses being average joes means DEAL WITH IT OR QUIT! Either way, stop whining!

WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

I remember seeing folks in t2 whenever I first rolled my Paladin and knowing that it was a sign of their accomplishment.

Now, I see folks with Tribute to Whatever and I know that it's a sign of their accomplishment; that and a sick mount or a sick piece of gear.

As a casual player with work and school and a 9 month old son, it's nice to able to enter a raid and do my thing and not have to worry about the gear roadblocks I faced pre-TBC. I love to raid and I do my job relatively well. I can lead a raid in ToC 25 and I've even lead one in ToGC 10; wipes that have happened aren't usually my fault...And if a bad player with good gear steps in, I can tell because of the way they act and what the charts are saying regarding their DPS or healing.

I like the new system because it allows good players to advance past the gear roadblock quickly and it may even enable those good players to see hardmode content should they choose to...I know casual guilds that haven't yet and probably will never see Tribute to Mad Skill, let alone Immortality...But they go in every week, they do what they can, and they try as hard as possible to clear.

Casual and Hardcore; it really doesn't make a difference. It comes down to whether or not you're willing to try. I know great, non-whiny casual players and I know whiny, awful hardcore players. They're outdated stereotypes at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahpuch
    Finally, a thread which shows exactly how I feel.

I'd consider myself an elitist, but there's a lot of people about who would say otherwise. I haven't been playing since beta, I started not long before the end of the Burning Crusade, and even then I only levelled a warrior to 55 with the intention of creating a DK in Wrath. As soon as I hit 80 I went straight into Naxx 10 and was fully decked out in purples within 2-3 weeks. This was a long time before Ulduar was released so I had to obtain my shit the hard way. Covered in quest greens and blues I was still blitzing many other players on DPS meters (ahh when DKs were OP :'))

When Ulduar came out I loved every minute of it, finally a challenge had arisen, but as time went by the bosses we were clearing in 4 minutes became tedious, and in my guild there was only one challenge left. This was Yogg 25. I was 1 of only 10 people in my guild who had seen Yogg die and so I wasn't happy when we were sat wiping for hours each night on a boss which really wasn't that tough. I left the guild and jumped into the top guild on our server. Within 2 weeks I had my Ironbound and a few weeks later Algalon was dead before me.

You may disagree but now I have also server firsted that bloody great bug in ToGC 25 I would see myself as a more of a pro.
    In other words you were boosted to IBPD and Algalon 25 : :
    and as you yourself said you did the "hard stuff" when DK's were OP :
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldun
    Its the Fresh Cum from the argent tournament daily. It spawns a shark in any swimmable water.