Poll: RShaman Vs. RDruids in Arena

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

RDruid Vs. RShaman Arena

So 2 of my friends were in arena and they lost to some holy/prot pally thing because the druid went oom or some #@!!. The druid said "Wow, Druids are the hardest healers to play". I promptly laughed in his face. He then said "Shut up, you're the only one that ever complains about Shamans". We then engaged in like, an hour long argument with him saying "SHAMANS ARE THE MOST PLAYED IN 5S THOUGH".

He then said these were the reasons shamans were overpowered:
    Water Shield
    Mana Tide has 2k health
    We never go OOM
    We never die
    Lesser heal wave heals for too much and is a short cast
    All we gotta do is spam chain heal
    We can purge all of their HoTs and Innervate.

So I'm asking you, Fellow WoW Guys, who has it easier in PvP? RShams or Rdruids?

Re: RDruid Vs. RShaman Arena

Resto druids every day of the week and twice on Sunday. :P

Druids, by all means, have it easier.

it depends on the make-up of the team, what bracket you're in, as well as what you're playing against.

Druids are best paired with cleave setups, Shamans are best when they bring utilities to teams like RLS and Wizard cleaves (A.k.a. heroism/BL). Druids are good for being a tank and not dying, ever. Shamans are far squishier but they bring heroism/bl, cleasing totem, grounding, earthbind, and most importantly (imo) windshear.

They both have hex/cyclone, and manatide/innervate.

Druids are easier to play because they have less to do, if they keep themselves and their team mates up, they did their job. I see druids cyclone for the kill often, but i see Shamans help coordinate with their team mates when their going for a kill much more.

3v3: Druid
    5v5: Shamans
    2v2: nobody gives a shit

Quote Originally Posted by Xeries
    3v3: nobody gives a shit
    5v5: nobody gives a shit
    2v2: nobody gives a shit
    Fixed! For what its worth, I totally think that shamans are more powerful in almost every 5v5 set up. If the other team is purging the way it should be then the only real heal that the druids can even use is lifebloom and the bloom effect on lifebloom simply isn't as overpowered in WotLK as it was in TBC.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Satire

We never die
    i remeber the terrible 1 kidny shot and your dead days....

Quote Originally Posted by Soaps20
    it depends on the make-up of the team, what bracket you're in, as well as what you're playing against.

Druids are best paired with cleave setups, Shamans are best when they bring utilities to teams like RLS and Wizard cleaves (A.k.a. heroism/BL). Druids are good for being a tank and not dying, ever. Shamans are far squishier but they bring heroism/bl, cleasing totem, grounding, earthbind, and most importantly (imo) windshear.

They both have hex/cyclone, and manatide/innervate.

Druids are easier to play because they have less to do, if they keep themselves and their team mates up, they did their job. I see druids cyclone for the kill often, but i see Shamans help coordinate with their team mates when their going for a kill much more.
    Pretty much spot on here. The only thing I would point out is that cyclone >>>>>>>>>>>>>> hex. At least cyclone is useful versus everyone =/

All we gotta do is spam chain heal
    Wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    If the other team is purging the way it should be then the only real heal that the druids can even use is lifebloom and the bloom effect on lifebloom simply isn't as overpowered in WotLK as it was in TBC.
    Ok, if other team dispels "the way it should be" then we can expect 'em use CC "the way it should be" too. So, who have more problems with CC - druids or shamans?... When druid using livebloom shamy running around in hex/poly or simple frozen oor of focused target.

Druids are more easy then shamys coz 1)cyclone works better then hex 2)druids can simple ignore some of common CC spells. Other things (mana, surv) they has are same with little, uncritical, difference.

P.S. about 5-5: its wery hard to decide who's more useful as heal in this bracket, unless u're playing wizardcleave IMHO

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

I just hit 1800 on my druid wearing a few blues and some deadly stuff and I'm now grinding my shaman up to 1800, ~1600 right now wearing a mix of hateful and deadly with some furious/relentless off set pieces. I have only been playing the sham for about a week in S7 and while my shaman appears to go oom faster and is much squishier i find that i win a lot of matches that i cant help but think that i wouldn't have won on my druid. IMO shams have more offensive utility and druids have more defensive utility. They can both be used to your advantage. Which is easier to play? Not 100% sure...

I definitely think that shaman have a higher skillcap and if I HAD to say one or the other i do think shams are a little harder to play but its not THAT big of a difference. If you get caught without hots as a druid you can still get gibbed just like if you get opened on as a sham w/o earth shield. I know my druid has been fucked up by good shams just I've fucked up druids on my sham. I think once you start playing above 1900 they are pretty balanced and maybe shams are a little better but up until then i think druids have the edge just because wind shears are something that a nub wont really use well but you cant mess up a cyclone... you cast it and they are CC'd.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

15+ Year Old Account

druids are easier to play, and take less skill to obtain higher arena ratings
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu
    druids are easier to play, and take less skill to obtain higher arena ratings
    QFT.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnadriel
    Wait, what?
    Probably in reference to PVE or 5s... Completely useless useless in 2s and pretty useless in 3s.

Resto shamans have a wider range of both offensive and defensive abilities in comparison to druids. Resto shamans are harder to play because they have more buttons to push and more things to keep track of, whereas a druid just HoTs, roots, runs away.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

I think that a shaman will have it easier with teams that benefit most from bloodlust, due to the fact theyre going to shit on somethings face right off the bat, but if it comes down to a long endurance fight, I think Druids are better off, druids have better survivability but cant compete with the offensive pressure a shaman can provide for his team.

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    Probably in reference to PVE or 5s... Completely useless useless in 2s and pretty useless in 3s.

Resto shamans have a wider range of both offensive and defensive abilities in comparison to druids. Resto shamans are harder to play because they have more buttons to push and more things to keep track of, whereas a druid just HoTs, roots, runs away.
    Even in 5s I would think it's rather situational.. and this is not a pve forum, hence my remark. The main advantage a druid has over shaman is that he is harder to get pressure on, and has more versatile escape mechanisms.. which any shaman would be jealous of.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnadriel
    Even in 5s I would think it's rather situational.. and this is not a pve forum, hence my remark. The main advantage a druid has over shaman is that he is harder to get pressure on, and has more versatile escape mechanisms.. which any shaman would be jealous of.
    Anyone who play 5v5 these days know that you just cant kill a healer. It´s not impossible, but since you dont put enough pressure on the dps, they are going to kill 3+ people in your team in the same time as you work trough barkskin/PS/bubble/earthshield/randomhealingcooldown.

In the end shaman will always be better for 5v5, they bring bloodlust, and gl finding a high rated 5v5 without that. Most teams use pala+disc as healers though, since they got dispell and amazing burst-healing who isnt as sensitive to hard-switches as druids are.

ALL teams got a shaman though in the form of a ele shaman (most of the time. )

Druids in 2v2, since they have good mana regg + they're able to survive against two oppenents, but not more.
    Shamans+paladin+Priest >>>> Druids in 3v3,5v5 (No absorption effects, cc only castable, hots heal nothing on targets with ms[Absorption can be seen as a 100% heal on ms targets])