Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: PvE Arcane Specc

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Taking 15% less damage from a Twin Valkyr Orb might actually save your ass - There's no healing if you're already dead... same goes for Gormok.
    ^ even if you fireward *if you are black*, you can only survive 2 or 3. the extra 15% sometimes let's you survive an additional orb, though it generally shouldn't be needed.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Macanam
    Who said he only does PvE? And it's not like he could get a huge dps increase by putting that point anywhere else. He has all the core talents he needs and is just playing around with the few points which are down to personal preference.
    Also, slow can actually be very useful on faction champions heroic (though i prefer to spec frost for extra CC capabilities).

And posting two replies in a row is also fail, learn to edit.
    Read the topic bro
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Icecrown&n=Kev%C3%ADn

Fire ward.

edit: Wait why are you being hit by opposite orbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacheris
    Fire ward.

edit: Wait why are you being hit by opposite orbs?
    Because you can clearly avoid every one amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by kevin24642
    Read the topic bro
    Yeah, it's a PVE specc but who said I ever use slow SOLELY for PvE Raiding reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihatepallys
    just get the cookie cutter and stop experimenting.
    Cookie Cutter is LAME!
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Fuck that, experimenting with all your options is far more admirable than just copy + pasting a spec.

If you have your camera zoomed waaaaaay out, you can pretty much avoid every one between awareness and "Oh crap, blink!"

That being said, if we admit that you get hit by one fairly rarely... Fire Ward

Fuck that, experimenting with all your options is far more admirable than just copy + pasting a spec.
    ^THIS

i have spent over 8k gold on talent tree respecs since achievements were introduced and i am proud of it.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Icecrown&n=Kev%C3%ADn

If you have your camera zoomed waaaaaay out, you can pretty much avoid every one between awareness and "Oh crap, blink!"

That being said, if we admit that you get hit by one fairly rarely... Fire Ward
    Right because when you blink you definitely don't go into another orb AMIRITE?
    Blinked when I had a snobold on me *before I knew about the Invis glitch*, to get closer to the melee to attack it, and when I blinked, I went RIGHT into a firebomb. take a guess who wiped his guild run of TOC 25? ><

Quote Originally Posted by kevin24642
    ^THIS

i have spent over 8k gold on talent tree respecs since achievements were introduced and i am proud of it.
    I have spent 5,425g on Respeccs, a total of 110 speccs

Because you can't look ahead and aim slightly to the left or right AMIRITE?

Your argument is based on you being stupid enough to run into like 4 orbs in a small space of time, be too stupid to use fire ward to absorb one or possibly more, be too stupid to ice block when it's clear you're in dangerous territory, and be running with healers too stupid to heal you.

You're not that stupid. Drop dat talent.

1) Your argument is based on you being stupid enough to run into like 4 orbs in a small space of time, be too stupid to use fire ward to absorb one or possibly more, be too stupid to ice block when it's clear you're in dangerous territory, and be running with healers too stupid to heal you.

2) You're not that stupid. Drop dat talent.
    1) That's just an elitist point of view, unless your raid is something like top 50 world you can NOT expect it to always go so smoothly and you will get hit by orbs and you will not always be healed immediately , so taking less damage from them might actually save your ass or take some load from your healers. (especially if you're assigned to catching).

2) Cause 0.5% more damage is more important than surviving AmIriTe?

It's really not my intent to sound elitist. Of course you can't effect everything to go flawlessly, but between your own personal awareness and the tools you have available, taking an average of 15% less damage seems pointless to spec for. I mean, this fight is that talent's wet dream and I personally have never found it worthy of invesment. Perhaps in Heroic 25 man, but I'll have to wait and see.

As for your second point, doing more damage and surviving is better than doing less damage and surviving, both of which beat dying. If you really need this talent to live, then sure, it's worth it, I would simply humbly suggest you give the encounter a shot without it and see if you notice any difference.

Unless like you die in the last 5 seconds of a fight and were totally beasting it up <_<;;;

Personally I don't see the point of respeccing just for this fight - I've ran my typical DPS build without it and works generally good, if you're an assigned ball catcher then you have to play your A game! with Smart movement- you shouldn't catch any balls of the opposite color (okay maybe the odd one here and there, but definately not 2-3), and if you do then you're failing.
    The fight is already a somewhat strain on the healers and the last thing they want is having to heal a ball catcher who couldn't watch where you're going.

Some of you will probably counter argue that, but the point of this mode is test your reflexes and reaction time, and that is #1.
    If you're still getting hit by balls then having a damage reduction talent still won't eliminate the fact that you're failing at catching.
    If there are too many orbs of the opposite color around then your partners are failing at catching those colors or one has dropped which is the cause of you being swamped by loads.

You can never go back and change the beginning, but you can always write a new ending.