Arp and stamina for pvp instead of ap...

So i had a quick discussion with a guy from my former guild. he has more experience with rogues and grand marshal from back in vanilla, with me starting to play in wotlk it is hard for me to argue against him so i didn't bother to much.

Anyways the point here was i'm a AP fan, and like to go all out ap sitting at 4100 in my pvp gear atm where he sits at 3300.

I would say his gear is better than mine because i haven't played in pve at all since before 3.2.

Heres my armory

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...azzak&n=Kildal

And this is him

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lick+To+Attack

So his priority is now and has always been stamina and arpen. so he is sitting at 15% arp and 4k more hp than me along with 250 more resillience.

Also his talents seem kinda odd. tried to question him about it but didn't get a reply. lastly he don't go with weapon chain either.

Anyone else like him or got any opinions on this?

Re: Arp and stamina for pvp instead of ap...

When your pvp gear gets better, your stamina will go up on it's own. Keep sticking with AP, there is no reason to be gemming ArP in pvp. Also, sorry to be rude, but if he's only sitting at 1600 rating in arenas you shouldn't be taking all of your advice from him. His talents are somewhat ok, but there are a few strange choices he made that can probably account to his low arena rating.

Top 100.

Combat - Arp
    Mutilate - AP

Done. Poisons son't benefit from your armor penetration (because they ignore armor), arp is crap in mutilate spec (thus in pvp). Is he pvp'ed in combat, then maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

yeh... dont listen to him, he really needs to fix his talents.

why would you ever take pvp advice from someone who has such amazing gear and sits on arena teams below 2k :|

hmm he's using grim toll as mut spec in pvp hmm
    and imp ambush. yea I wouldn't go with alot he said.
    he's also stacked all kinds of stam for gems rather then AP
    if his team wanted somone that would live longer I dout
    they would have gotten a rogue. as a side note look at his
    3's team, PMR. he's got the lowest rating of the 2 rogues
    on his team. the other rogue is better. I'd follow his example over
    your old friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ake
    why would you ever take pvp advice from someone who has such amazing gear and sits on arena teams below 2k :|
    /Agree that is just stupid... just go and check sk-gaming or arena junkies for specs/gems

when i pvp in my pve gear i will not lie that the 50%~ passive arpen makes plate drop. . but it is in no way a valid strategy.

and the grandmarshal/highwarlord grind means absolutely nothing in terms of skill.
    its nice to see a GM/HW that still ownes it up in arenas but most where just grindy no-lifers.

if you are using evis as your main finisher then the arpen is helping you more that it would in a pve mut spec, but still its just not worth it.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...wynn&n=Vonlego

That's my armory. Ignore a few goofy gems in my PvE gear.

I'm not entirely sure what I logged out in, and armory is throwing an error atm... but I can sit with over 4500 AP and slightly more resilience than your friend. He has me on HP, but he's not going to hit hard enough to make anything happen.

AP is the way to go. Crit vs Resilience is a trade off that you'll have to make for yourself as a yellow stat. Very few rogues will socket purple gems at all, and usually opt to put in 40 ap gems negating the bonus. The 10 stats gem usually goes in legs for +6 agi.

Armor pen is not favorable for mutilate because a large chunk of the damage comes from poison. If he eventually goes 44/x/x with master poisoner, most of his burst will be with evenom which isn't affected by armor pen anyways.

Armor pen is likely the way to go if you want to try out combat for fun, but it isn't a good enough pvp spec to encourage top pvpers to look into the mechanics too much.

im not rly into arenas for some time, but i casually play BGs using shadowdance daggers with my toc10/15 heroic gear, it has 53% arpen and with that, it seems that works fine buffing my backstab dmg against plates, specially when mjolnir proc. ???

Quote Originally Posted by amduscia
    im not rly into arenas for some time, but i casually play BGs using shadowdance daggers with my toc10/15 heroic gear, it has 53% arpen and with that, it seems that works fine buffing my backstab dmg against plates, specially when mjolnir proc. ???
    Except that is battlegrounds, and many people use pure pve gear for battlegrounds.

Plus most players there are scrubs.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Detheroc&n=Smacklepuff

It really depends on your spec and what teams your fighting. If you're running a PVP Envenom build, or you envenom at *all*, ARP is almost useless to you.
    Now if you play as combat or (gasp) sub, or even PVP muti (no envenom), then ARP quickly jumps up in value.

From there, you have to ask yourself this - Do I see a lot of high armor players in my rating?
    If almost every game is 3 plate wearers... Then yes, you should probably put some very serious consideration into a bit of ARP (but not super crazy stacking - you still do poison damage).
    If you're seeing plate wearers very rarely (like 1 per 5 games)... Then you should typically just ignore ARP completely. Maybe on a trinket proc, but eh, even then, not really a big deal.