Breastplate of the White Knight selling

Ok i have the mats for

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=47592

Just wondering whats a good price to put on it?

i didn't pay for any of the mats so it just a bit of work from me

I guess it all depends on the server your on

but i dont want to go to high or to low any ideas?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Breastplate of the White Knight selling

Prices vary from server to server.

Even though the mats did not cost you any gold they still have value, price up on the ah how much the mats are worth then look at how much the breastplate is selling for, if the breastplate is selling for less then the value of the mats don't craft it sell the mats instead.

On my server the mats would cost about 8.5k personally for the risk of listing a large ticket item I would be looking for somewhere in the region of 10k (20% more then the mats cost) as my minimum on my server to make it worth my while. If I wasn't confident I could make something like that I would just sell the mats which is pretty much risk free.

Just remember even stuff that cost you nothing to aqquire still has value.

I sold 2 both at 8500g this week. Obviously prices vary server to server. Look at the mats, check prices on the AH, and mark it up 10-20% for the AH. Since the AH will be taking a 5% cut (425g @ 8500g). Then you'll be spending some money on listing fees for a few days till it sells or cancelling and reposting due to being undercut.

When I have mats for good gear, I don't make the gear.
    Instead I spam trade saying for sale, and if someone wants it I make it right before the trade.
    That way you don't waste the mats if no one ends up buying it.
    I hope that helped a lil.

Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick
    Instead I spam trade saying for sale, and if someone wants it I make it right before the trade.
    This...

Is very handy!
    Shaman LVL 42 - Hellfire

Just started again ....

Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick
    Except people are far more likely to buy off the AH than to see someone in trade and actually go buy from them. If they are going to get it from you in person, they will buy the mats and have you craft it for a tip such as 100-200g, instead of paying 1000-2000g on top of the mats cost.

I mean doing what you do works sometimes, but not as often as AH would. The market you are selling to is extremely small. The odds of a person wanting what you can craft and willing to buy it at your price and being in trade channel at same time you are posting it is extremely slim. Let's say you play 4 hours a day, but you are only in trade channel 30 mins a day. That's only 1/48th the amount of advertising that you'd get from posting in the AH. So for every 24 hours someone could see your item on the AH, they'd only have 30 mins a day of seeing that you can craft it. You obviously would never sell to anyone who's not on when you are.

yea, i thought about the market i am aiming @ paladin,warrior and deathknights tanks thats 3 classes out of 10. I would say 2 ov the most played classes in the game paladin, deathknight.. so i think my target market is good.

i am going to advertise in trade first b4 i actually make it

i just pray there a lil rich pala dk kid out there who wants a tanking chest