Replacing the Rare and Unique pets deleted in Cataclysm?

As the title says, we will be losing a few Rare and Unique pets in Cataclysm, due to the Cataclysm.

Do you think we will be gaining any non exotic pets in Cataclysm that would replace the lost Classic Pets? Or will they just give us more Spirit Beasts and call it a day?

Personally, I hope they put a bit of effort into adding more unique/rare pets in Cataclysm, and a few more pet family's beyond Zebras.

Re: Replacing the Rare and Unique pets deleted in Cataclysm?

Don't worry...
    You can always tame a worgen for a change!
    80 Orc Hunter
    80 Tauren druid
    80 Tauren Warrior
    80 Orc Warlock
    80 Blood elf Death knight
    To Be continued...

i doubt they will be entirely removing any currently available pet families with cata.
    we may lose certain skins, but a hunter will not lose the ability to tame a cat for instance even if all the cats in azeroth were extinct.. there are two xpacs worth of content that are not going to be changed, which means we will still have plenty of resources available for filling our stables ^^

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by deadman80
    i doubt they will be entirely removing any currently available pet families with cata.
    we may lose certain skins, but a hunter will not lose the ability to tame a cat for instance even if all the cats in azeroth were extinct.. there are two xpacs worth of content that are not going to be changed, which means we will still have plenty of resources available for filling our stables ^^
    not deleting a species he means the named ones like Humar- the black lion and other ones they may add in some new ones or they may be lost to the cata
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

What needs to change is the pet classes. Instead of having pets in classes we should just have the option of taking any pet and building into specific tree of our choice. I think a cat would be a better tank than a friggin crab.
    Quote from: JonTargaryen on October 10, 2009, 09:16:46 pm
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaskal
    Don't worry...
    You can always tame a worgen for a change!
    You mean the one in the Howling Fj- O WAIT

(Sig snipped, too large - Sorry!)

worgen hunters are an oxymoron.
    Quote from: JonTargaryen on October 10, 2009, 09:16:46 pm
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    As the title says, we will be losing a few Rare and Unique pets in Cataclysm, due to the Cataclysm.

Do you think we will be gaining any non exotic pets in Cataclysm that would replace the lost Classic Pets? Or will they just give us more Spirit Beasts and call it a day?

Personally, I hope they put a bit of effort into adding more unique/rare pets in Cataclysm, and a few more pet family's beyond Zebras.
    Why would they? Honestly? I get the Worgen in Hwling.. Garwal or whatever his name was.. semi wierd to run around with a humanoid looking pet.. But a black lion.. Who coul possible get butthurt over that? Not even Blizzard are that stupid

Give this a read.
    http://www.maniasarcania.com/2009/11...eril-kalimdor/

While certain rare mobs may disappear, there will still be an equivalent for most of them elsewhere, though at higher levels.
    The rare silithid from Thousand needles will still be around in AQ40, although you'd need help to get past that first boss. And Humar has his black lion cousin in Sholazar (oh man that thing caused some butthurt in the past.)