Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Buying/selling BoP items

EU-Auchindoun. In the last 2-3 weeks an interesting and also disgusting trend became a daily routine. People are selling and buying BoP items in raids. Let's say any raid you are able to PuG. Why is this system deflected? Because the idea of trading BoP items was to avoid ticketing a GM because of a simple misloot.
    An example with my DK in a ToC25 PuG. Dual-Blade Butcher dropped, and I won it. I got whisper immediately from a warrior wanted to buy it for 5k. Of course I declined, because I needed that item.
    What I find disgusting is, people are basically ninjaing items, just to sell it to somebody who really needs it. Blizzard should really do something about it. The best solution would be if you simply can't sell BoP items. You could still trade them, but the reciever can't enter any amount of money in the trade window.
    I am a Leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

Re: Buying/selling BoP items

Dude these are greedy humans your talking about your gonna have to either A. Farm or B. Sell some loot and buy what you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonezWulf
    no lol her dick was bigger than my own

Apparently Gold DKP PUGs have become quite common amongst the bigger realms now, seems rather pointless to me but sadly you'll continue to encounter them at the moment.

Top Guilds selling top loots to noobs have been around since Vanilla. Now even us normal people - you know the ones with day jobs, girlfriends etc. - can sell loot too. This as all about catering to us casuals.
    If you don't like it, I suggest playing Aion or some other Korean Grindcore shit.
    Working as intended.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by darkriku
    Dude these are greedy humans your talking about your gonna have to either A. Farm or B. Sell some loot and buy what you need.
    You misunderstood me. I'm not willing to buy/sell anything. I'm talking about a solution to prevent a game economic breaking thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Leafre
    An example with my DK in a ToC25 PuG.
    That's your problem right there. Crap like this happens in PuGs, always has, always will. Either get into a guild or only play with reputable people.

Tbh i dont see much of a problem here... Few days back i basicly bought off an offspec dps pala Deaths verdict (he won it by a misery 2 overroll) and im a main dps spec dk ...so i traded token + 2k for an imba trink :P
    Working as intended. Dont like it ....dont pug.
    You'd wish to see my armory link here!

Well unless you are pugging with need before greed nobody should be able to ninja, I have a few times been leading a few pugs and I always check there current gear and if its better then I give it to nr.2 on the list.

I have also bought items in pugs, I bought my grim toll a few weeks ago and I do not see the problem with that, the buyer was a freshly dinged dk alt, I needed it and he did not mind selling it. No body was harmed I got an item that was a 150dps upgrade he got some gold what is the harm.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

1- Selling items for gold is a scam, thus can be reported assuming everybody wasnt aware of it at the beggining of the raid ( if everyone on the raid agrees to report, i mean)
    2- This will be fixed with the new 3.3 loot system , hopefully
    3- Do not PuG, shit happens
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforSWTOR
    1- Selling items for gold is a scam, thus can be reported assuming everybody wasnt aware of it at the beggining of the raid ( if everyone on the raid agrees to report, i mean)
    2- This will be fixed with the new 3.3 loot system , hopefully
    3- Do not PuG, shit happens
    1. Proof? Link?
    2. Not for raids. as the LFG will only be cross realm Dungeons
    3. Somewhat true

15+ Year Old Account

I've never sold an item persay, but i have rolled on a trinket and then traded it to my guildy because he needed it from the start and i didn't. /shrug

I offered someone 8k gold for Death's Choice, he declined, saying he will use it4ever.

The unfairness arises when a player who clearly doesn't need an item (whether he already has it or has a better one) rolls on an item for the sole purpose to sell it to someone else. You can make the argument that he helped with the raid so he gets a shot at the loot, but then shouldn't the whole raid get to roll for a chance to sell it to someone else? In the long term it balances out, you might have to pay for an item but you also get the chance of sellign it. However it seems like a rather convoluted way of handling loot and just adds more randomness to the gearing up process.

Previously before you could trade BoPs, gear selling could still be done by petitioning GMs though I believe there was a limit to how many times the GM would transfer the item. Otherwise they would either vendor or DE the item, with much lower profit potentials. It just wasn't as widespread as it is now.

There probably is no real solution other than removing the ability to trade BoPs as any restrictions will be circumvented. What you can do is either avoid raids with people known to engage in this behaviour, or accept it and have you gold on hand

You misunderstood me. I'm not willing to buy/sell anything. I'm talking about a solution to prevent a game economic breaking thing.
    WTF are you talking about? "game economic breaking thing"? No, this is using in-game gold to buy in-game items which is the freakin REASON GOLD EXISTS.
    Ultralisk-Nagrand / Táne-Nagrand / Wuggles-Nagrand / Koras-Thaurrisan / Dieselsun-Thaurissan / Bezoar-Thaurissan

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralisk
    WTF are you talking about? "game economic breaking thing"? No, this is using in-game gold to buy in-game items which is the freakin REASON GOLD EXISTS.
    thou written abit rude, id have to agree with that :P
    You'd wish to see my armory link here!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralisk
    Porblem is, that you should not be able to "buy" BoP items. As I mentioned the trade system was implemented to make GMs life easier with tickets about mislooted items amongst guildmembers, PuGs whatever or to just give it to somebody who needs it more then you, or whoever won it. Now people are abusing a mechanic which was created to help the raid, and not to satisfy your greedy ass.

Porblem is, that you should not be able to "buy" BoP items. As I mentioned the trade system was implemented to make GMs life easier with tickets about mislooted items amongst guildmembers, PuGs whatever or to just give it to somebody who needs it more then you, or whoever won it. Now people are abusing a mechanic which was created to help the raid, and not to satisfy your greedy ass.
    However even if this wasnt in place you could still buy BOP items by having a master looter and have people bid gold instead of DKP and or sell it after anotehr has won it. May slow the run down a bit but still works.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Aknot
    However even if this wasnt in place you could still buy BOP items by having a master looter and have people bid gold instead of DKP and or sell it after anotehr has won it. May slow the run down a bit but still works.
    Exactly. I remember stuff like that happening way back in Kara - an item drops, Hunter A wins the roll, Hunter B says "wait wait, I'll give you 500g for it?". Hunter A either says "NOWAI MY LEWTZ" or says "Hmm... 500g, sure ok" and the item gets ML'd to Hunter B instead of Hunter A. Hell, I'm sure it happened in MC / BWL too.
    Ultralisk-Nagrand / Táne-Nagrand / Wuggles-Nagrand / Koras-Thaurrisan / Dieselsun-Thaurissan / Bezoar-Thaurissan

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Why not make legendaries BOE as well? :O Then we can have everyone with no skill running around with good gear!

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin
    Top Guilds selling top loots to noobs have been around since Vanilla. Now even us normal people - you know the ones with day jobs, girlfriends etc. - can sell loot too. This as all about catering to us casuals.
    So all hardcore raiders play 24/7, riiiight.

Are you sure that top guilds play so much they don't have time for IRL business? Im pretty sure when top guilds farm their stuff, it probably takes 2-3 hours or less, then they wait for next reset.
    That gives plenty of time for IRL, it requires the same time as it requires you(etc.) going to the gym for an hour 3 days a week.