Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Buying/selling BoP items

Quote Originally Posted by MickM
    Why not make legendaries BOE as well? :O Then we can have everyone with no skill running around with good gear!
    and this would impact you how? Oh because when you bow to that person walking by you want to make sure he is as cool as you make him out to be? Anyway wrong thread.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Yea i agree happens too much

i was offered 25,000g for justicebringer ( i had to decline all my gear was 226+ cept my weap was Axe of Ruin..:

offered 500g for black drake lul!!!

I dont like the buying as I have noteced when in a pug a lot of people are rolling for gear that is not an improvement just to pass it to eather a friend of them or trying to sell it and when no1 wants it just sell it to a vendor. It used to be way harder when it was needed to contact a gamemaster to trade items and less ninja rolling going on. Smart raidleaders will look at gear but sometimes they just trust people who are rolling.

Well, I don't see the issue here.

If the player is eligable for the loot because he was in the raid, he could have gotten it by winning the roll. If he then offers money to the winner, and the winner is willing to sell the item, what's the big fuzz about?

Of course it's a difference when the player just rolls on the item - although he has better or equivalent gear - to sell it, then something goes wrong. But in PuG such a thing is usually self regulating, someone in the raid will notice this, post it, and this will normally build enough pressure on the player to retreat from his roll, or on the RL/LM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazhr
    Well unless you are pugging with need before greed nobody should be able to ninja, I have a few times been leading a few pugs and I always check there current gear and if its better then I give it to nr.2 on the list.

I have also bought items in pugs, I bought my grim toll a few weeks ago and I do not see the problem with that, the buyer was a freshly dinged dk alt, I needed it and he did not mind selling it. No body was harmed I got an item that was a 150dps upgrade he got some gold what is the harm.
    The problem is that people will need on items only to sell them. Not because they need them.

When this change was announced the first thing i talked about on ventrilo with friends was that now we could just all need on an item in pugs (even if we didn't need them) so the one of us who actually needed it had more chance to get it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforSWTOR
    1- Selling items for gold is a scam, thus can be reported assuming everybody wasnt aware of it at the beggining of the raid ( if everyone on the raid agrees to report, i mean)
    2- This will be fixed with the new 3.3 loot system , hopefully
    3- Do not PuG, shit happens
    1. What you do with your gold and an item that is yours but can be traded is your own business. If you decide to vendor that item you won, its your choice. If you decide to DE it, its your choice. If you want to trade it to someone who contacts you about buying it, its your choice. Before the trading of BOP items was put in, people would just simply ticket an item to someone...I've done it myself & had someone do it for me. As for it being a "scam", bullshit. If someone won the roll, got contacted to sell it to someone else, opened trade where he entered the item and got gold in return, and continued on then there is no scam at all that happened. A scam would be if the person who wanted to buy it paid gold but got no item or the person selling traded the item but got no gold (actually that one is his own damn fault).

2. The changes for 3.3 pertain to dungeons & heroics not raids. Not sure if Ony & Maly will be something you can use the LFG system for since you don't get saved until the only boss in there is killed. It would make sense to allow those to be cross-realmed though. Also the new loot options still allow for MASTER LOOT which all raids use so you're wrong even still on that.

3. PUGs can be good or bad but only as bad or good as the people behind the keyboard are. With my alts, I've had successful pugs of Ulduar and ones that are horribly bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralisk
    Exactly. I remember stuff like that happening way back in Kara - an item drops, Hunter A wins the roll, Hunter B says "wait wait, I'll give you 500g for it?". Hunter A either says "NOWAI MY LEWTZ" or says "Hmm... 500g, sure ok" and the item gets ML'd to Hunter B instead of Hunter A. Hell, I'm sure it happened in MC / BWL too.
    Sure did happen quite frequently in pugs. Honestly nothing wrong with it either. If it were just 2 people who wanted the item then 1 person made some quick gold for an item he'd probably get later. A lot of times, if there was more than 2 people wanting that item & someone suggested it then the raid leader would say that it was going to the second place person instead if the first place person didn't want it just to be fair to everyone involved.

As Frundhilda pointed out, some people are just unlucky with drops. I can't tell you how many times I ran Naxx 10 & 25 for either mace for my priest only to have it never drop until I got something better from Ulduar. I would have offered someone gold for it had it dropped and I been there too. Back in BC I was offered 5k for the staff off Illidan but I needed the damn thing so I didn't take him up on the offer.

Yeah i dont see problem in this. If you dont like it get guild what raids instead of just pugging.
    And i have to disagree. This "new loot system" wasnt created for missloots it was created for "missloots" when some player won item. and Bob wanted it so bob payied,player made ticket. And everyone was happy. And i really dont think this will break some "Game economy". Its simple

Dont you like this new system?! Dont pug.
    Dont you like to dont pug?! (Maybe because you would have to get to some guild to continue raiding and guild cant boost many people)
    Then get a guild.
    Can't you get to any guild and dont want to accept this new loot system?!
    Delete your account.

Or..if your doing pugs just with ur alt and lose on item only because the player wants to sell it...Chill out! Its just an alt!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by pangeltveit
    1. Proof? Link?
    2. Not for raids. as the LFG will only be cross realm Dungeons
    3. Somewhat true
    its raids to
    Evil people on cell phones preventing me having a sig!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koedy
    Blizzard paid Iceland to start this real-life volcano event!!!! Deathwing is coming!!

15+ Year Old Account

Troll posters with "get guild" shit should look around, my armory is posted in my sig. I have a guild, we cleared 25man, 10man hc with our mains. It's my alt, that's why I pug 25man. But the whole story is not about pugging or not, it's about the problems of the loot system.

Edit: My bad, it's not posted anymore, but still you can armory me and my guild and hard to find the lonely troll female DK also.
    I am a Leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

a) Blizzard cant do a system which could stop this!
    b) Do not run normal pugs, go to gold DKP runs if you hate that some ppl might be too greedy!
    c) Like few others have said, do not pug with your alts, instead gather your guild members and do a alt run or smt!

Blizzard putted that 2h trade system becouse they received tons of gm tickets about how item went to wrong guy etc. If they make system that you cant put money on same trade where someone else putted a BoP item. It wouldnt matter since tbh there isnt so many ninja ppl that would stole money from someone else so that wont solve the problem.

Live with it or dont pug... There isnt any options between that.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aknot
    and this would impact you how? Oh because when you bow to that person walking by you want to make sure he is as cool as you make him out to be? Anyway wrong thread.
    Good to hear you fully understand sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account

How i see it is that this system wasnt implemented for people to need on the BoP items and sell them on for some extra cash (G-DKP is a whole other story), as posted before it is just to make the GMs life that little bit easier when missloots happen, this needing and selling on of BoP items seems to me, to be an abbuse of game mechanics, and all these "Working as intended" comments can just gtfo srsly, it clearly isnt if people are taking the item that they dont really need to just sell onto the person who does.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by aloís
    its raids to
    Uhm, no. the cross realm LFG will only be available for Dungeons, not raids!
    if you want to look for a raid you type /LFR in chat. and a screen pops up wich only includes the same realm as you are on.

Look it up!

People wouldn't be taking the item they didn't really need if the master looter was paying attention. If you want to blame someone, blame him. It's "working as intended" because there's nothing wrong or broken about the process, it may be a moral issue, but that's not something Blizz intends to supervise. The ML could dish out random plate gear to clothies and /laugh at the tank who needs the item. Guess what you can do about that?

It doesn't matter what the reason behind the trade is, because how it's done isn't broken, and that's why it's fine. We could end up with a system where the ML takes rolls, and then takes bids. "Okay, Raidmember23 won the item, any bidders to buy him out?"

You joined the group knowing what the loot settings were on, and who was in charge, how it gets handled after this point is entirely up to the players involved, and not something Blizz needs to adjust/fix.

It's not a new system, and has been around forever. You could simply discuss the buying process before the item was looted to somebody, instead of afterwards. When there has been no change in the process, besides making the trade one step later than before, you cannot suddenly claim it's broken.

I feel like all of these points have already been made, so I don't know why it's still going. If you felt cheated because you lost a roll and someone that won sold the item, tough luck. I'll say what's become quite popular, and actually makes sense - "Don't PuG"

Quote Originally Posted by Frunhilda

You might also forget, the OP, that people can be EXTREMELY unlucky with drops.
    I tank in ToC with Staff of Trickery from HVH
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Leafre
    Porblem is, that you should not be able to "buy" BoP items. As I mentioned the trade system was implemented to make GMs life easier with tickets about mislooted items amongst guildmembers, PuGs whatever or to just give it to somebody who needs it more then you, or whoever won it. Now people are abusing a mechanic which was created to help the raid, and not to satisfy your greedy ass.
    It was a way for someone who clicked greed or need by accident to trade the item amongst the raid.
    Quote from: JonTargaryen on October 10, 2009, 09:16:46 pm
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.