Thread: anub'arak 25 hm

anub'arak 25 hm

Progressing quite well but was wondering if I could get clarify on a few questions that I can't quite seem to clear up in our logs.

Does Blizzard and Living Bomb proc Judgement of Light when it is on Anub'arak?

I would have posted this under the other topic but it seems more focused on the 10mans, on a side note we run modified FFB specs to take into account stronger AoE based talents in the Frost tree (0/51/20).

You can never go back and change the beginning, but you can always write a new ending.

Re: anub'arak 25 hm

Blizzard does not proc JoL and I'm not sure about LB but the explosion probably would. You have to trust your healers to keep you alive (which is scary at times).

Quote Originally Posted by dr0nzer
    Progressing quite well but was wondering if I could get clarify on a few questions that I can't quite seem to clear up in our logs.

Does Blizzard and Living Bomb proc Judgement of Light when it is on Anub'arak?

I would have posted this under the other topic but it seems more focused on the 10mans, on a side note we run modified FFB specs to take into account stronger AoE based talents in the Frost tree (0/51/20).

didnt think magical effects proc'd JoL thought that was only melee and hunters. because without low incoming passive healing you wont stay alive unless you want a healer keeping heals on you constantly which is bad for that fight.

perhaps our squad does it wrong, but we usually have mages in groups with a shadow priest and a shaman for passive healing, our healers get yelled at it we heal people other than tanks / penetrating cold

Quote Originally Posted by FISHKJ
    perhaps our squad does it wrong, but we usually have mages in groups with a shadow priest and a shaman for passive healing, our healers get yelled at it we heal people other than tanks / penetrating cold
    Correct, it is just too much healing for even a druid to keep one rejuv on someone...gotta have that passive healing so for a caster you gotta have a spriest or a beefy healing stream totem. And for the melee/hunters an Improved Leader of the Pack or JoL

ah i thought so!
    I was looking through the logs of the fight today and couldn't see any evidence of it, although my flatmate for some reason believed that it would... the logs show that the living bomb explosion does trigger it so I guess thats little bonus.

@pangeltveit
    i felt mage forum was more appropriate for this question as the peeps here would be better suited to answer due to specific mage spells triggering an aura.
    You can never go back and change the beginning, but you can always write a new ending.

I believe I saw JoL procs on our first kill / early attempts while i was aoeing. I'm not sure if blizzard does, but someone above said no so let's go with that. That would leave the LB explosions as the source for the procs. It's possible I'm remembering incorrectly and just saw a proc while mashing my FFB button, but I don't think that is the case.

Either way, you'll never be able to keep yourself up with just JoL procs. Elemental shaman stream + glyph was keeping my group up, we used a shadow priest in one group, resto streams in one other group, and left the last 2 groups to use JoL procs (melee+hunters+any other single target people).

I advise you to be careful when using a shadow priest. He will need to put VE on a target he is not mind searing. IIRC we had our spriest VE two targets that were hit by his aoe. Primary Mind Sear targets take no damage from Mind Sear, and the priest won't be able to keep you up while aoeing if he doesn't VE multiple targets. Another option is to just have your priests single target in P3. I don't suggest this unless you're running with some great cleave/aoe dps, meaning dk's mages and rogues in abundance.