Thread: PvE Gemming!

Deleted

PvE Gemming!

Heya! I'll go straight to the point. I have only gemmed agility gems in all of my sockets, but after some reasearch I have seen a lot of people gemming ArP. I went to the site MaxDPS.com after a tip from a friend, but I am not sure if its updated enough because there it tells me to gem for haste? Is the site "bugged"/not updated or is this statement true? Thanks beforehand!

Re: PvE Gemming!

Depends on your spec, afaik Combat is the one that goes for armor pen while Mutilate stays with Agility.

Never seen a rogue gem for haste, unless it's an yellow socket and they throw a ten agility/hate in it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dantia.
    Depends on your spec, afaik Combat is the one that goes for armor pen while Mutilate stays with Agility.

Never seen a rogue gem for haste, unless it's an yellow socket and they throw a ten agility/hate in it.
    Forgot to add that I was combat specced sorry, hehe here is an armory link
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ptulon&n=Morzg

From what i know (no expert, but i usually read some guides here and on EJ when i level a new alt, and rogue is my last one) you gem:

AP as muti, because poisons scale better with that.
    AGI as combat at mid/low level equipment.
    ArP as combat when you already have a lot of ArP from gear. That means ~t9 gear and ruptureless rotation.

Small tip: try to get rid of some hit, you're 5.5% over the poison hit cap without a spriest/moonkin in your raid. Without changing equip you can change enchant on boots and that hit gem on one of your rings. Not much, but all that hit is a total waste of stats.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Deleted

yeah- ill try sorting that out! Anymore ideas about this pve gemming? Haste is no way to go

Agi as Mutilate till you get Critcap which depens on your gear.
    When you get near to BiS Gear Haste will out DPS Crit (10agi / 20ap + 10 Haste > 10Agi / 20 AP +10 Crit)
    Thats the reason why Mongoose becomes > Berserker when you get more and more BiS Gear.

ArP is the way to Go for Combat when you loose T8 4Boni (Rupture Crit) your specc, Glyphs and cycle will change.
    You start SnD and Eviscerate only cycle. Rupture is doing to less DMG without the boni.
    Same for Mutilate, you will do Envenom cycle only.

Best is when you have Mjolnir Runestone you have to gem 734 ARP (more when you use Grim Toll) to get the ArP cap.
    When you don't use Mjolnir or Grim Toll you have to gem ArP everywhere to get near to ArP cap.

Try to use Spreadsheets from Aldriana, Mavanas or the Simulation for Rogue DPS. It's the best way to find out how to gem etc.
    http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t27244-r...t_spreadsheet/
    http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t39136-c..._spreadsheets/
    http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t51449-r...n_spreadsheet/
    An Karanir Thanagor, Mor Ok Angalor, Mor Ok Gorum Palahm Raval!

Quote Originally Posted by Dantia.
    agility/hate
    I want hate gems :F

Quote Originally Posted by Tremelizzer
    I want hate gems :F
    NEED MOAR HATE (sry couldn't resist :P)
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

You still have your 4pc t8, so stick with agility.

Once you break that, gear/gem for the soft cap with Arpen if you have a grimtoll/mjolnir runestone (which looks like you do) and go ruptureless.

If you didn't/don't have a grimtoll/mjolnir, just keep gemming agility.
    wat

Deleted

aha ok! thanks!

Maxdps is a terrible resource for evaluating upgrades. It places Haste above all other stats. I'm not sure why.
    If you're still using 4pc T8, agility will almost always give you the best DPS. However, a spreadsheet is the only thing that can give you close to a "sure" answer.

Uther- Our bads are better than your bads.

maxdps is a restoration shaman?

Ruptureless rotations and stacking ArP are a <100 dps increase, for the cost of having to switch back upon acquiring new gear. I've tried both, and traditional 5/5/5 rotation with Agi gemming tops the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue
    Ruptureless rotations and stacking ArP are a <100 dps increase, for the cost of having to switch back upon acquiring new gear. I've tried both, and traditional 5/5/5 rotation with Agi gemming tops the charts.
    100 dps is fairly significant for a min/maxing raider. Also consider the added simplicity to the rotation, as well as the new burst capabilities. Also, eviscerate works with blade flurry.

Don't use maxdps.com.

Deleted

ah! thanks a bunch guys! hehe yeah wont use that anymore then

I dont have Mjolnir or Grim toll,started to gem ArP and was hoping for a drop but that did not happend.

So,what should i do? Keep gemming ArP? Or switch to Agi?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...om&n=Tamberlon

To be honest Tamber, if you don't completely care about min/maxing just keep gemming ArPen. The new 5man is going to drop a ArPen trinket and you can still go back and try to get the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamberlon
    I dont have Mjolnir or Grim toll,started to gem ArP and was hoping for a drop but that did not happend.

So,what should i do? Keep gemming ArP? Or switch to Agi?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...om&n=Tamberlon

Without the ArP you should gem Agi but yeah probably not worth the gold with the new patch. Keep running Naxx for Grim Toll though and replace the FFF trinket.