OK fellow mmo members i need some faction champ help

small guild trying like heck to catch up progression wise in toc10 for the first time we came to a grinding halt at the faction champs...im hoping someone can give me some advice on how to down this set-up

we had the rogue, the moonkin, the mage, the shammy, disc priest, holy pally.

our group consists of moonkin,prot pally,shammy,ret paly,holy pally,disc priest,warlock,DK,and 2 mages.

we are able to drop the priest rather fast but then all hell breaks loose.

we have tried many diff cc ideas but we just arent figuring out the right way to do this so any help from you guru's would be appreciated.
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

Re: OK fellow mmo members i need some faction champ help

Hell breaks loose? How can there be more hell with 1 less NPC to worry about? Can you please specifiy whats going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    trust me druin=PWN is ptw durid not durin but np its no sorry 8) .but is good ask if you can no know so yeah good to you but ask if you no know 8) but trust me i have playin long so DRUID IS BEST=3 form beat all i mean explmame=stealh cat like rogue(pwn9 8) then BOOM big bear big heelth so its moar armor than cat and then just tree?=no tree god like cenarius but give you more heelth=pwn then you go owl and stars do magic to you 8)

If your shaman is resto, have them Earth Shield a clothy. I always ES a clothy that tends to take a lot of damage in that fight.

As for the faction champs, drop the disc priest, have whichever pally has the shorter CD on spell interrupt (I can't remember if it's prot or ret, forgive me) and shaman lock down the paladin so she can't get off heals, then go for the shaman (totems are KOS at all times), mage, rogue, moonkin and then drop the pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jÿnks
    If your shaman is resto, have them Earth Shield a clothy. I always ES a clothy that tends to take a lot of damage in that fight.

As for the faction champs, drop the disc priest, have the ret pally and shaman lock down the paladin so she can't get off heals, then go for the shaman (totems are KOS at all times), mage, rogue, moonkin and then drop the pally.
    thks and what i meant by all hell breaks loose is we lose control of the mage get sheeped, healers die from moonkin, or rogue and we wipe dont know a better way to explain it we take the priest down really fast but after our cc's wear off we get owned none of us a pvp'rs so that doesnt help...but this post helps thats what im looking for is a rotation and any hints about stuns,fears etc etc

ToGC or ToC? if toc

you fail
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic
    "OMFG I spent 7g buying [insert item name] from action house, but it didn't go in my bag!"....

ToGC or ToC? if toc

you fail
    take of eh? fking troll

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkGod
    ToGC or ToC? if toc

you fail

thks your brilliant, now go play in the street where the rest of the cool kids hang out.

ToGC or ToC? if toc

you fail

cause you know....this helps tons...

/sigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizel
    I feel like I should find you irl and slap you for being so god damn stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser
    I once told a girl who is a WoW player that I was on a date with, "Your pants are epic, I hope they drop."
    Dispenser begins to cast Portal: Undercity
    Kanye West casts: "MAGE, I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND I'M GONNA LET YOU FINISH..."
    Dispenser is interrupted
    Kanye West casts: "BUT MEDIVH HAD ONE OF THE BEST PORTALS OF ALL TIME!"

ToGC or ToC? if toc

you fail
    Sorry to burst your bubble but ToGC champions isn't that much harder then ToC champions. First time I did it I barely noticed a difference.

don't worry, you're not the only one that's had probs with this, my guild was in a same boat a month or two back, and it's still a running joke with us that we have toc normal on farm... except faction champs who always give us afew wipes XD

here's a post from a while back that had some awesome replies; http://www.mmo-champion.com/raids-du...n-champs-help/

and just keep telling yourself it all gets easier from here gl
    Quote Originally Posted by keke
    It's like asking why the hell bosses attack tanks and not healers. It's like asking why bosses play with us for 10 minutes, and then after 10 minutes they get tired of their toys and enrages and one shots us all. Why didn't they do this from the start? Stupid game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zongo
    Could you imagine Robin Williams in a raid vent...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari
    I'll be in my bunk.

Our guild had a similar makeup last week (only difference was instead of the mage, we had the warlock). After a couple of tries we got it.

I would suggest a kill order like this: Shammy>Priest>Rogue>Pally>Mage>Boomkin.

We had our tanks taunting the pally and rogue as often as they could to keep them off the clothies, and tried to CC the priest. I would start out having one of the mages poly the priest as a pull and then have the tanks taunt the rogue and pally. All DPS on the shammy and try and keep the priest CC'd as often as possible to keep him from healing the shammy. After the shammy is down, move to the priest, and so on. We took down the rogue first because she was causing the biggest problem with our clothies, but I think the pally and rogue are interchangeable.

Good luck to you!!

Quote Originally Posted by nietmakkir
    don't worry, you're not the only one that's had probs with this, my guild was in a same boat a month or two back, and it's still a running joke with us that we have toc normal on farm... except faction champs who always give us afew wipes XD

here's a post from a while back that had some awesome replies; http://www.mmo-champion.com/raids-du...n-champs-help/

and just keep telling yourself it all gets easier from here gl

tyvm

Use Bloodlust, nuke the healers while you sCC all the others all the time, ez mode

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cpttrips
    small guild trying like heck to catch up progression wise in toc10 for the first time we came to a grinding halt at the faction champs...im hoping someone can give me some advice on how to down this set-up

our group consists of moonkin,prot pally,shammy,ret paly,holy pally,disc priest,warlock,DK,and 2 mages.

we have tried many diff cc ideas but we just arent figuring out the right way to do this so any help from you guru's would be appreciated.
    You've got to get the kill order sorted up front so everyone knows who's next on the list. Make sure your priest knows when to mass dispell and / or someone to purge. Next set someone to interupts who can keep the other healer locked down as much as possible.

We usually start with a charge, fear or death grip, fear and hit bloodlust and the nuke whoever the first healer on the list is.

Then it's over to whichever is the most painful melee DPS, all the while keeping an eye on dispells and interupts up on whichever healer is left.

After that it all depends on what you've got left and how well your keeping the healing under control. If that's going well start working through the other DPS, if not then take the healer and work through the rest. As long as everyones doing what they're meant to you should walk it

Sounds like you need to swap CC's around after the initial round to avoid the diminishing returns. Taking the priest down first is the way to go really, but you have to keep the paladin locked down/out so you can get the shaman down quickly afterwards. Without an MS effect you do make the fight a bit harder for yourselves (unless one of your mages has specced for it?). Your DK should have the rogue under control at all times really until it's killed, death grip helps a ton here. Other than that it's difficult to say, rotate sheep/fear/cyclone targets, spellsteal heroism/BL.

Anyone with a better grasp on what CC's share diminishing returns care to chip in?

15+ Year Old Account

I know this is going to sound obvious, but try to keep everyone topped up to 100% health - the NPCs have a tendency to gang up on low-health players.

If you are going to let anyone drop in health, make it your tank.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cpttrips

In all of our successfull runs we had a very skilled rogue or two, they just happen to be the powerhouses in the guild PvP and PvE. In any of our runs a single rogue can lock down one of theirs for the entire fight. so if you know any rogues it might help alot. as for what you have your kill order should probably go:

Priest > HPally > Shaman = rogue > Mage > moonkin

generally the ranged caster nps aren't too dangerous, its the melee and healers that you really need to watch. since its not on heroic it means that you can taunt the npcs and that's gonna be the job of the Prot pally or whoever you got tanking. with your specific group i'd have the prot pally on the enhance shaman, HoJing and taunting him/bringing him out of the raid whenever he gets too close to your cloth.

the rogue is a bit trickier, its Sub so she'll Shadowstep and hop around, so pick one of your Dks to hang outside of the raid and Deathgrip, CoI spam her. that should take out their melee from the equation.

as stated, you want to blow the healers up ASAP, so lust and use all Offensive CDs on the first healer while someone controls the paladin. that's where a rogue would come in handy because of their wide array off CC and interrupts, based on the group you have if a mage can handle it that might be your best option, sheep until DR kicks in then counterspell to lock him out a bit more,but if that's not enough a warlock may need to get a fear in there or something.

one the priest is dead you blow up the pally while those CCing melee still do that, if you get the pally low she'll Bubble, so the priest needs to be ready with a mass dispell, finish her of and its GG.

kill the shaman or rogue next, depending on if someone is causing trouble. It's personal preference here, the shaman hits like a truck if he gets to anyone and the rogue is a little bastard, but aren't most in pvp? basically, whoever is escaping from their CC and causing the most damage you want to kill next, whoever you do decide to kill next just keep the cc on the other, then move on to them after the one is dead.

that leaves the casters and the mage is slightly more annoying, so just kill him then finally the moonkin (moonkin are relatively harmless in this fight)

basiclly it comes down to if you have 3 solid CCs (On 2nd healer and the melee NPCs) and DPS to kill the first healer before the 2nd healer is free
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

My guild had similar issues...then we realized pulling the dk/warrior out of the raid is a smart thing to do...not saying thats your issue. I'm just saying it happens to all of us. Don't worry you will get it down. Part of the fun is figuring out encounters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizel
    I feel like I should find you irl and slap you for being so god damn stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser
    I once told a girl who is a WoW player that I was on a date with, "Your pants are epic, I hope they drop."
    Dispenser begins to cast Portal: Undercity
    Kanye West casts: "MAGE, I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND I'M GONNA LET YOU FINISH..."
    Dispenser is interrupted
    Kanye West casts: "BUT MEDIVH HAD ONE OF THE BEST PORTALS OF ALL TIME!"

just have your tanks tank the melee... you can actually taunt them you know...

put emphasis on dispells and on interrupting the disc priest... the enhancement shaman on 10man normal hits for shit all, so have your paladin tank him and have your DK tank the rogue, as you can deathgrip him out of the raid and away from any clothies he may be targetting...

priority should be disc priest > mage > moonkin > rogue > shaman > holy pally...

really, this set-up is the easiest one they could give you... if you're having trouble with this, pray to god you dont get the dk, warrior, resto shaman, resto druid, warlock, hunter set-up... my guild's first ToGC 10 faction champs kill was with that set up and it was a bitch... subbed out my druid for my dk as a frost melee controlling spec to kill it...

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there